“Loved this Quiet Spot!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Budget Lodge
831 N. Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #12 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
New York City, New York
“Loved this Quiet Spot!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed at this quite dainty place and absolutely loved the staff and the convenience of walking to the beach, a small store on property, nice clean heated pool with colorful lights. My family sat outside under the tiki hut and it made my husband and 3 kids feel like we're we on an Devine island while we had our dinner. For the amount of money I paid I was a little susceptible to what type of room it would be. Both my husband and I have traveled throughout the world for work and I must say that for a small hotel this has to have been the best one we have ever been to. The towels were clean and fresh, the beds were made to the crisp. The beds were comfortable, nice furniture and a 32" tv with over 200 channels was a great plus for the kids. We had a kitchen, a normal size fridge, microwave. We have left this property 2 days ago and the kids have already asked twice if we can go back. My husband and I have already booked our next 2 week vacation at this property in the summer. I can't wait to go back!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Potomac, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed one night while waiting for winter condo 3 month rental to be cleaned.

Hotel Room was very musty smelling and a real turn off. Room was clean, but that's all that one could say. Furnishings very basic and door to room was in process of being repainted.

Before retiring for night, wife and I checked for bed bugs, which in and of itself says something. To our chagrin, we did not check carefully enough. The next day my body was covered on all extremeties with bites. Locating a local doctor was the next activity, and after being treated for 3 weeks by the dermatologist, with full body creams, and daily ointments being applied, and the magic of the human body, things returned to normal.

Being a world wide frequent traveler, this is my first encounter with bed bugs. Believe me, not an experience anyone would want.

Room Tip: Avoid the place
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four nights. The room was simply furnished, with a comfortable bed, cold blowing AC and while the place is surely dated, I would stay here again anytime. The staff is friendly and the store up front is awesome. The pool was super clean. The only reason I am giving it four stars is that it could use some renovation and a coffee pot in the room would be nice. But again, all in all, for the price, the location, the cleanliness and the quiet, we will be back in two months!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Budge Lodge for 3 nights last week. It was close to where our friends lived. This is a small hotel across the street from Pompano Beach area. It had a cute small pool with changing lights at night. The area was landscapes beautiful and they had a small store attached for things like beer etc very reasonable priced too. Our room was a king size non smoking 1 that had a refrig., microwave oven large sized room with big closet, 27 inch TV and about 200 stations to be used for watching. The bathroom was s very decent size tub shower with hot water as soon as you turned it on and good power. Muti colored doors and rooms. Quiet location enough parking for guests. The main road to downtown Pompano is 7 blocks away hotel is located on A1A Highway. there is a small nice restaurant within walking distance or a 7 block drive away and another great diner located across the bridge on main road to town about 1 mile away with great food and priced very well with friendly people working there, it is in a small mall like area immediately coming down the bridge across the waterway! The people at the Hotel are very friendly and was great talking to them.

Room Tip: this is a small 2 story hotel our room was right in the middle lower area #5 night time was quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nokomis, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Budget Lodge. The staff was helpful and welcoming. Free parking was a benefit and had we not been in so much of a rush, we would have walked over the the beach. But alas, no time to do so this trip.

The room itself was immaculate! No dust, crumbs, nothing! Clean, clean, clean! The decor is sort of retro and reminds me of the days we would stay in bungalows in the 1950's. There is a microwave and a fridge which are always great for saving the munchies that one collects along the way on a long drive.

It is quiet, even with folks staying next door. No road noise.

Nice pool, clean and pretty. Outdoor maintenance is also terrific.

To bring this rating up, I would suggest a few things--attention to details. Invest in an industrial steamer to clean the bathroom walls and floors. I have a residential steamer at home and it takes minutes to have the cleanest shower/bath ever! Kills mold, too. Any place at a beach needs this special care because people are walking around barefoot and going to the beach and back. A/C was efficient, but a little noisy.

Secondly, more attention to details. The back of the door in the bathroom showed a lot of water damage and needed not only repair, but cleaning and paint. The room was freshly painted and quite attractive, but the window sills and needed to be scrubbed and painted.

However, bang for the buck, a great little place for a night or two. I would stay again. However, I would like to see the owners elevate it to the real deal by checking out the details. There were paint cans outside the office, so it is evident that they are working on upgrading it. The bright colors on the ceiling and walls gave it a very fresh look. Keep up the good work.

Next time I stay here, I would also like to see shampoo, cream rinse, and kleenex in the rooms. However, the towels were fluffy and the linens fresh.

I really enjoy a cute, retro style place that isn't cookie-cutter chain motel. This could be a little gold mine and be totally booked with just a few little touches.

Kudos to the owners for bringing this cute little gem back to its glory...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Powells Point, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I own and run a cleaning business and stayed here for a week for business/leisure. For the price, we were scared to death as to what we would find once we arrived, but trusted trip advisors reviews and went for it. Thank God we did, because we were so amazed with the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness and comfort of the room! We even had HBO and a nice sized flat screen TV. The grounds are well maintained, (we saw them working all day each day) luscious plants were everywhere creating a beautiful aura and also providing some extra privacy. There were plenty of clean outside tables and chairs, as well as a nice grill that they had a cover on, which was also clean. The pool was perfect, and they did monitor that only guests were enjoying it. they also have a little store for convenience. That was also awesome! They cleaned our room daily, and, I should never do this, but I did leave over $2000 worth of my Pandora jewelry in the room several different days while we were on outings/meetings during their cleans and not one piece was missing. AP was awesome and we are going to come back down in November, as well as every future trip we make to the pompano area. Its so hard to find hard working, honest, and caring people in this world anymore, but we found them in this wonderful family that runs this establishment. I've been to Florida on business 5 times in the past 6 months and wish we had found this place the first trip, but now we found our home away from home and know that we can rely on Budget Lodge as our preferred choice!

Room Tip: We only had one room, but as hard as we saw them work, I'd feel its safe to assume they respect...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed from July 11-13. I meet the owners at a conference and they offered me a good rate if I was ever in need of a room in pompano beach. It's a nice clean place. The owners were courteous and helpful. Across from the beach which was nice. I would stay there again if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: Room 7 the suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Budget Lodge? Share your experiences!