“Save the airfare” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shishka Lebanese Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 301 restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Copans Rd
Aventura, Florida
“Save the airfare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Finding this place is the hardest part of the journey. It's hiding in a courtyard of an outside mall. That said, the gourmet journey begins. We started off with the mixed appetizer plate. Just outstanding, super fresh tabouli, the parsley was cut real fine and seasoned correctly, the baba ganoush was slightly smokey, in a good way, and creamy, the grape leaves freshly rolled, the hummus was nutty and smooth, the olives, olive oil and warm pita bread complimented the platter.
My son had the steak and rice dish, the meat was super tender, no fat, and he clean the plate, finishing playing a hockey game, really got his appetite in high gear. My wife had a gyro wrap, which she said was really a great quality sand which, I had ordered a kafta wrap, but had to save it for later, because I had over dosed on the appetizer platter. All in all a phenomenal find, that was recommended to me, by a centarian in the gym. I am glad I checked SHISHKA out. Unbelievable.

• Visited August 2013

93% Recommend
Cotacachi, Ecuador
“Good food at a good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Appetiser assortment is great ... both hot and cold. Recommend the babba ganush and kibbe, although the others were also well prepared. The ambiance is so-so, but quiet enough for a conversation across the table. Main courses were good ... we had the kabobs ... lamb was outstanding ... tender and done just right. Rice was tasty, seems like it had a touch of spice. Too full for desert, but there was a good assortment, including baklava.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pompano Beach, Florida
“One of my favorite places for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I go to Shishka at least a couple times a month. The waitresses are always friendly and attentive. And the food.... soooo good! I always get the tabouli, which is the best I've probably ever had. I took a chance one time and tried the kibbeh, which is raw hamburger meat. But don't be fooled, it is absolutely delicious! I also get their veggie platter, and everything is just perfect. If you're looking for some real, fresh lebanese food, come to Shishka, you won't be disappointed.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm just a good ole southern boy and my family goes back a few generations in Florida but I am always ready to try different cuisines. I have to say I'm hooked on Lebanese food and it is really well done at Shishka. My girlfriend had the shwarma chicken and I had the mixed grill. Both were perfectly cooked. We also had grapeleaves as an appetizer. Washed it all down with a Lebanese beer which I thought was great. Our server was friendly and her timing was perfect. Service flowed flawlessly. Restaurant was modern, clean and very well decorated. There was outside and inside seating. We opted to sit outside and even though it is the middle of June it was shaded and comfortable. It in the back area of a shopping center so you have to look for it but it is a gem when you find it. Highly recommend!

Coconut Creek, Florida, United States
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place has the best Lebanese food. The muhamara is so delicious I want to lick it off the plate. My boyfriend is half Lebanese and the smile on his face when he ate the food was priceless to me. It is one thing to like it and not be familiar with it but when someone who is Lebanese and enjoys the food has to mean this place is doing something right. I had the Kibbeh Bil Sainieh and the yogurt sauce was so delicious. The food tastes fresh. The cucumbers had a crunch so you know they are using fresh produce. Their rice is perhaps one of the best white rice I have ever had.