“very clean motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Franklin, MA
“very clean motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed at Surfside and found this motel very clean. The rooms and grounds are spotless. The beach is just a short walk across the street and down a little ways to the public access.

The bed is comfortable and the AC worked well. The closet was large and they supply plenty of hangers. The cable TV channel selection is very limited. Also the internet access is spotty and slow.

Not bad for the value, I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We had to stay in the area because of a family issue and the owners Andy and Annette were extremely helpful. It's a lovely relaxing place and the rooms and the courtyard and pool area are spotless, we would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Recently spent 7 nights, very clean, room was adequate at best, came with small kitchen, four plates, some cheap silverware, 1, 9 inch frypan, a few cups and bowls it was like they didnt want you to cook there. they tried to modernize with some fresh paint and tilebut still had orginal toilet which barely flushed, and tub. The worst feature and I use the word feature in it's broadest sense was the tiny queen size bed, this mattress and box spring had to be original too, actually I did spend a couple of nights sleeping on the floor, yes, the floor was more comfortable than the bed. By Friday I had to arrange massages for my wife and I to relieve some of the pain from that crappy mattress. It had a 32 inch flat screen tv that had seen better days and only got about 8 channels. You had to buy your own tissues, soap and papertowels, they did provide cheap, cheap toiletpaper and the owners were very distant almost like they wanted you there for the money but were annoyed you showed up to begin with... not very hospitable, they would like see you coming and look away rather than make eye contact and say hello...oh, did I mention the place was very clean, next time I will pay the extra 30 or 40 a night and be a lot more comfortable, did I mention the place was very, very clean?

Room Tip: get the two beds and not the one, they have to be more comfortable
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AnnetteM111, Owner at Surfside Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
It's not gourmet kitchen but all of our customers find it very convenient to be able to make coffee , toast or cereal or to have a cold drink and sandwich after coming back from the beach. And , yes we don't want people to cook on vacation , many times that's the only time they don't have to.Queen size bed it's 60" x 80" and it's standard for all the companies that make them .So, saying we have tiny queen size bed it's just personal opinion :)
February was beautiful this year and I don't understand why people spend time inside the room measuring fry pan or TV and not enjoying Florida lifestyle and outdoors.
Have safe vacation everybody and enjoy it !!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Booked 5 nights at this property for my son and his friend. It was spotless and quite. Great location for beach, restaurants and beach shops.
The pool was kept at the perfect temperature and was much enjoyed. Noticed several people using the
grill. Outdoor space was comfortable and very well kept. I met several people staying here that have done so for over 30 years. I certainly understand why. My son and his friend truly enjoyed staying here. As a person that has spent my career traveling all over the world I have high standards when it comes to cleanliness. I love small privately owned properties. The owners of this property work very hard at keeping there standards high and providing very reasonable rates. You may pay more for a room in this area but you won't get a better value than Surf Side Resort. This property will be my first recommendation for all my family and friends visiting this area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This motel is across the street from the beach. A 1 minute walk to the beach. This place is cleaned by people who are obsessed with cleanliness. Surfside delivers what they promise. Clean, simple rooms that are comfortable and everything works. The value is also excellent for a place located on the beach. The owners were always around taking care of things and making sure things ran smoothly. I can't say I asked them for much but you got the feeling you could and they would deliver.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here with my son over the Christmas holidays. VERY CLEAN rooms and grounds, heated pool, reasonable rates, friendly hosts, walking distance to shops, restaurants, drug store, family friendy and 2 minute walk to the beach. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nokomis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at the Surfside for two nights the weekend before Christmas. I always check Trip Advisor and reviews were excellent, as was our visit. Our room (205) was toward the back. It was cute and cozy. The wood floor was a nice change from carpeting. The bath area was very large and we had space to and park our bags. There is microwave and a refrigerator and a table to actually sit down and eat (or work, but I'd rather eat). We had a large king sized bed which was very comfortable. There is a lovely courtyard next to the heated pool and folks staying there had grilled something yummy and were enjoying their drinks and meal in the poolside courtyard. The location is close to Atlantic Ave where you will find every kind of restaurant you could ever wish to find. The beach is across the street from the rear of Seaside without the cost and noise of staying directly on the beach. This is an old fashioned motel right out of the fifties, but updated with fresh paint, new flooring, new tile, etc. It is probably the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Every counter, every inch of the floor, window sills, and the bath were clean, clean, clean. It is also very quiet without road noise or people noise. The hosts are very hospitable and work hard to ensure a good stay. If you have traveled in Europe, you will know the kind of service and cleanliness that we found at Seaside. We like supporting independent businesses and find the chains to be a bit uninteresting. So we look for places to stay where service, friendliness, and cleanliness are number one. We have family nearby and are in the area 3-4 times a year. From now on, we will stay at Surfside when in the area. We actually came back the afternoon of our first day and decided to take a quick nap before the evening's festivities. We slept for four hours! That is how quiet and comfortable we were. My Sweetie brought a little work to do which he did in the morning sitting at a lovely table outside our room. Just can't say enough about Seaside. We would definitely recommend this little jewel on the sea!

Room Tip: Stated in 205. Very quiet. Stairs do-able.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Surfside Resort? Share your experiences!