“GREAT PLACE TO STAY FOR VERY GOOD PRICE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pompano Beach

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Pompano Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pompano Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1201 NW 31st Ave, SR 91/Florida Turnpike at Exit #67, Pompano Beach, FL 33069   |
Ranked #27 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Parkland, Florida, United States
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY FOR VERY GOOD PRICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Having stayed there on numerous occasions the service have gotten plenty better . Nice clean rooms Pleasant staff and a Manager who will do almost anything to make your stay very comfortable. Discounts for seniors and AARP members.

• Stayed February 2014

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spring Hill, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here one night while in the area on business. My room was small, but it was clean. The rate I paid was just about 50% cheaper than any other hotel in the area. They do have a ant problem so don't leave any food out that is not sealed. I would come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Port Orange, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is not the Ritz Carlton! If you are expecting a doorman and a concierge, this is not the place for you. This property is in need of updating, but considering the age of things, it clean and well staffed. The staff we interacted with were friendly and eager to please. We travel all over the country and seek out Motel 6 because of their pet friendly philosophy. This property is convenient to the Turnpike, but is in a semi-industrial neighborhood. Remember, it is a budget motel.

Room Tip: Pretty quiet on the north side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bryson City, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had just gotten off a cruise snd need a place for the night. The first room was non smoking but smelled of smoke and had ants all over. They said no other rooms were ready and to come back. They next rooms smelled so bad it made you gag just opening the door. Management was so rude and wouldn't refund our money. I had to call cooperate. We were finally able to get the money back and found a much better place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were given a room which did not seem to be in use: there was broken stuff and dirty laundry in there. Front desk staff did not say a word of being sorry or so, just gave us another room. The new room had a distinct smell of public restroom and was dirty. We cold easily hear the other guests talking on the other side of the wall. The room was cheap but staying in this motel cannot be recommended to anyone, especially for families traveling with children.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This motel was ok to spend just one night. For the price you pay (50 USD), The size of the room was rather big. The same with the bathroom that had a quite new renovated shower.
However, we have had some doubts on the cleanless of the bed. The sheet was like already used and yellow.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As always, it astounds me to see how many people expect the Hyatt on $45 a night, with a complete compliment of people to carry their bags and wipe their behinds.

I stayed here because it was cheap and I was on personal business by myself with no one to impress, so cheap is a good option. My goal is to sleep somewhere other than my car and have a fairly low probability of being shot in the process. Objective achieved.

This is a no frills hotel, but it's not horrific. You won't find large, modern rooms with tons of amenities. My room was clean. It's not huge. The TV is circa 1980 and I had trouble getting it to stay on, but I'm not here for entertainment anyway. It is not located on the beach, but with a 5 mile drive you can land yourself on the Pompano Beach public parking/beach area (you have to pay for parking there, FYI).

I read the previous reviews before coming here, and also read CityData opinions on the Pompano Beach city and this general area. I was expecting much, much worse after my recent experience of being unprepared for the east Phoenix area. Having a concealed weapons license, I brought my firearm with me. To be honest, I didn't need to bring it. This area, while not exactly a place that I'd hold a family picnic at 2am, isn't that bad. Based on what I read, I was expecting fending off blazing gunfire all the way from my parking space to my room. It's not like that in this immediate area. There are some goofy looking people running around the sidewalks at night, but nothing terribly alarming. A couple blocks north gets rather interesting, and people seem to park lawnchairs along the street in front of liquor stores. I guess watching traffic is the local entertainment, other than the numerous strip clubs in the area.

Back to the room... Orbitz had booked me a smoking room, which I had no problem getting changed to non-smoking. There's a desk in the room but no chair. This was annoying, as I had to sit on the bed and use my laptop, which is not comfortable when you're writing a 2 hour report.

Bathrooms are ok. Nothing special. My bathroom had very little water pressure. The shower had enough pressure to function as such, but the sink was a trickle despite making sure both the hot and cold water valves were 100% open.

As someone who travels for business a lot, one of my biggest issues with hotels of any kind is the fact that the hotel designers seem to forget to actually install electrical outlets in the hotel. This hotel, like 90% of them, is a challenge to plug in a laptop and cell phone charger. There's no power by the beds or by the nightstand.

The floors were hardwood throughout, which I actually like better than carpet because you don't get the musty smell from people tracking in water, mud, vomit, etc all over the floor.

My room had two double beds. Both were reasonably comfortable, although a little harder mattresses than I would normally like.

So I'll say it again, for you rich people who want the Ritz but are expecting it at $20 a night, here's your reality check. This is a basic hotel, although not horrific like many of the reviews I read. It's cheap and effective for a couple nights rest on a budget.

Staff was friendly and even called down here after 30 mins or so to make sure everything was ok. I've stayed in $550/night hotels and don't get a customer service call from them.

Various food is within commutable distances. If you need a quick bite, Mickey D's is across the street. A gas station is next door for fuel, pop, etc. It's faster to walk to both of these than drive.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel (by the pool) has virtually no road noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!