“Ok for 50 USD/night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Pompano Beach

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Pompano Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Pompano Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1201 NW 31st Ave, SR 91/Florida Turnpike at Exit #67, Pompano Beach, FL 33069   |
Ranked #27 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
“Ok for 50 USD/night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This motel was ok to spend just one night. For the price you pay (50 USD), The size of the room was rather big. The same with the bathroom that had a quite new renovated shower.
However, we have had some doubts on the cleanless of the bed. The sheet was like already used and yellow.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As always, it astounds me to see how many people expect the Hyatt on $45 a night, with a complete compliment of people to carry their bags and wipe their behinds.

I stayed here because it was cheap and I was on personal business by myself with no one to impress, so cheap is a good option. My goal is to sleep somewhere other than my car and have a fairly low probability of being shot in the process. Objective achieved.

This is a no frills hotel, but it's not horrific. You won't find large, modern rooms with tons of amenities. My room was clean. It's not huge. The TV is circa 1980 and I had trouble getting it to stay on, but I'm not here for entertainment anyway. It is not located on the beach, but with a 5 mile drive you can land yourself on the Pompano Beach public parking/beach area (you have to pay for parking there, FYI).

I read the previous reviews before coming here, and also read CityData opinions on the Pompano Beach city and this general area. I was expecting much, much worse after my recent experience of being unprepared for the east Phoenix area. Having a concealed weapons license, I brought my firearm with me. To be honest, I didn't need to bring it. This area, while not exactly a place that I'd hold a family picnic at 2am, isn't that bad. Based on what I read, I was expecting fending off blazing gunfire all the way from my parking space to my room. It's not like that in this immediate area. There are some goofy looking people running around the sidewalks at night, but nothing terribly alarming. A couple blocks north gets rather interesting, and people seem to park lawnchairs along the street in front of liquor stores. I guess watching traffic is the local entertainment, other than the numerous strip clubs in the area.

Back to the room... Orbitz had booked me a smoking room, which I had no problem getting changed to non-smoking. There's a desk in the room but no chair. This was annoying, as I had to sit on the bed and use my laptop, which is not comfortable when you're writing a 2 hour report.

Bathrooms are ok. Nothing special. My bathroom had very little water pressure. The shower had enough pressure to function as such, but the sink was a trickle despite making sure both the hot and cold water valves were 100% open.

As someone who travels for business a lot, one of my biggest issues with hotels of any kind is the fact that the hotel designers seem to forget to actually install electrical outlets in the hotel. This hotel, like 90% of them, is a challenge to plug in a laptop and cell phone charger. There's no power by the beds or by the nightstand.

The floors were hardwood throughout, which I actually like better than carpet because you don't get the musty smell from people tracking in water, mud, vomit, etc all over the floor.

My room had two double beds. Both were reasonably comfortable, although a little harder mattresses than I would normally like.

So I'll say it again, for you rich people who want the Ritz but are expecting it at $20 a night, here's your reality check. This is a basic hotel, although not horrific like many of the reviews I read. It's cheap and effective for a couple nights rest on a budget.

Staff was friendly and even called down here after 30 mins or so to make sure everything was ok. I've stayed in $550/night hotels and don't get a customer service call from them.

Various food is within commutable distances. If you need a quick bite, Mickey D's is across the street. A gas station is next door for fuel, pop, etc. It's faster to walk to both of these than drive.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel (by the pool) has virtually no road noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
South AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was very flexible in my travel schedule, so I didn't make any reservations until the day of the stay. I was in four different rooms. All rooms were clean and neat and no bugs. The first room did have a slight damp smell - obvious to me who never smells it in AZ. The room was c However, it wasn't bad enough to request a room change. The second night was in a refurbished room with some kind of bamboo flooring. Everything was quite nice. The third night was first in another refurbished room, but I immediately found the sink was stopped up. The front desk was full of apologies and immediately put me in another room. When I travel, I rent a room for a bed and shower. I expect it neat, clean and bug-free, with working fixtures. That is exactly what I got.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of Room #103 had the least traffic and noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

If you enjoy sharp rusted springs piercing out of an old mattress, no soap, & a rude manager - stay at this dump! Also, at sun down there are barefoot prostitutes hooking on the street in front of the motel.

Room Tip: Get one without the rusty piercing springs from the mattress & bring your own soap (none is prov...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
South Williamson, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This modest lodging was exactly as stated on the review title.
I was actually expecting much less, for 50 USD a day.
Efficient front desk, as noted elsewhere next to the sheriff's office, friendly and accurate advice and minimalistic but complete accommodation. Ahh! they have ice machines to cool your drinks.
No bugs, No dirt, functional amenities and cable system.
I went to Motel 6 Pompano Beach due to a business trip that unfortunately ended up being scheduled during the spring break season. As you can imagine the prices for the bigger hotels was - as this one was cheap - ridiculously expensive.
So I got what I paid for, no more, o less.
I have been traveling to the US with relative frequency this last 6 months, and on this 3 days trip I was alone (without wife and kids) so I left aside the excellent luxury condos that I was renting on bayside (downtown Miami from ELITE CITY STAYS) for something less costly and I can't complain.
I would return there, if the conditions recur.

Room Tip: If you travel with allergic kids, be maniac about NO CARPETING AND MINIMAL TAPESTRY. I had to sleep...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

There were fleas all over the first room. The front desk moved us to another room and it had fleas as well. When someone stays with a pet, the hotel is not fumigating the room. Prior to the next guests arrival. I am still itching just thinking about how I woke up covered in fleas. I want my money refunded for this stay and this motel six needs a flea bomb sprayed in those rooms. That's why they charge the extra pet fee to return the room to the prior to check in state. The front desk was unapologetic and there was no phone in the second room to even call and complain.

Stayed March 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Could be a lot cleaner for a big franchise like Motel 6. Stayed for a week, waiting for my house closing. No one ever came in to clean the room, give me fresh towels, nothing. No smoking rooms have cigarette burns all over the blankets. table had razor cuts all over it, like someone was cutting crack in it, being this is a drug filled neighborhood. and there are bed bugs, or sand flies or some kind of tiny bugs all over the room, so if u leave a can of soda down, in ten minutes, it will be covered with these pests! The air conditioner cover fell off in the middle of the night. oh yeah, you wont be lonely with all the hookers in the parking lot. other than that, it was ok. But i would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Could be a lot cleaner for a big franchise like Motel 6. Stayed for a week, waiting for my house clo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!