“The worse Ever!!” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Pompano Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2300 Northeast 10th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #31 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was a chaperone for our church youth group to work a mission in Pompano Beach. Our hotel was already booked for our group. Upon checking in we examined the 4 rooms and found two to be adequate with the mattresses being encased in protective covers that zipped completely closed. The box springs were also covered. The other two rooms were in some what less desirable conditions. The leader of our group decided the boys would be less grossed out by the funky mattresses than the girls. All the bathrooms were clean, no evidence of any sorts of bugs...including bed bugs. However, there was an overwhelming stench of cigarettes in the halls and immediately upon entering the lobby. After several days of thinking we were in a wing of non smoking rooms we discovered were were just 4 rooms out of the wing that were non smoking...and a majority of the remaining rooms were smoking. This makes zero sense to me ~ non smoking should not be mixed in with smoking, that is just gross. The whole hotel was old and in need up updating and repairs. As a church youth group we found ways to improve our rooms by freshening them with Febreeze, using Lysol wipes, and bathroom spray for our showers. There was not a single hook to hang a towel on and since we would be staying at this location for 6 nights we opted for buying hangers to utilize in our bathroom. The gentleman on the night shift was not the friendliest person I ever met, however Patricia that works the day shift is the most pleasant and helpful person. She was always interested in what work our youth were going to go do in the community. Since we used the continental breakfast every morning around 8 am she was sure to restock the items so they were fresh for us. She made sure our towels were washed each day and ready for us each evening when we returned ~ seems there was a towel shortage and she wanted to make sure were had all that we needed at there were 16 of us on this trip. While I would not choose a location such as this for a personal or business stay ~ it did show our young people that you can make due with what you have. Make the most of an adequate situation. We did do a search of bed bugs upon entering each room and found ZERO evidence of any bugs...not even roaches. Also, on the bed bug website we did not find this location on there. I think this hotel could be so much more if the owner would invest a bit of money and clean it up. Fresh paint, Fresh Carpet, make it a non smoking location and update the pool area.

Room Tip: Make sure to fold your curtains up into the window seal so your A/C will actually cool your room. Th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Propositioned by a lady of the evening obviously high on crack in the sketchy, poorly-lit parking lot on my way in. That should have been my first clue. Rude dude behind the desk. Took my shower, went to lie down, encountered multiple critters on the sheets. Dressed quickly to just leave, but I had been in there longer than 15 minutes, so no refund. Same woman was now passed out in her own vomit leaning against driver side door of my car, so I had to enter via passenger door. Leaving it up to my Onyx card customer service to cancel payment going through. Simply a nightmare scene out of a bad movie.

• Stayed June 2013
Auburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a extra two days to kill in pompano beach and driving a big rig sometimes we have to settle for hotels like these. The lady in the morning was super friendly that's why i ranked service high. But the room was gross, drop ceiling (highway to hell for all the bugs). Didn't really think much of it because we were just resting for two night. But I awoke to something large crawling across my arm. I screamed like a little girl and at that point I was over the gross room because it now had other critters. Packed my belonging and went to the front desk. Never offered another room and was told I wouldn't be charged. Well I was charged and after calls to corporate super 8 and the property owner it was finally refunded. Don't recommend this at all. But if you want to give it a try like I did although I read the other reviews then go for it. If not find another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you like slums, then this is the place to stay. Dirty filthy carpets, cigarette burns in the bedding, old broken furniture, cheapest beds you can buy, tv's that don't work, rude night staff. This place was so horrible I wouldn't even send people I DON'T like there. I've stayed at Super 8's all accross this country and can't believe that Super 8 would allow their name to be used at this DUMP. All it really needs to fix this place is a large bulldozer and level the place. DO NOT STAY HERE. I still feel riffy - can't seem to wash the stink out of my clothing or hair. Never ever seen a place lie it before, and hope never to again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Motel - Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!