“They used Imitation Krab and said it was Lobster..” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Seaside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 310 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“They used Imitation Krab and said it was Lobster..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

First of all, they tried to manipulate us. Thinking we were some ignorant tourists. We ordered 3 appetizers (as our dinner) the Seared Ahi Tuna, Seafood Cheese Crisp, and the "Lobster Mac&Cheese" not "Seafood Mac&Cheese". The tuna wasn't that great, a little fishy and tough (cut the wrong way). The Seafood Cheese Crisp was to die for!!! And last but not least, the "Lobster Mac&Cheese"! It was absolutely amazing until I realized when I put a bite of "Lobster" in my mouth, it was crab. And not just crab, but IMITATION KRAB!!!! We picked through to see if it was just a mistake, but there was absolutely not one piece of Lobster in that bowl. We called the waitress over to tell her it was amazing, but we're not stupid. We know what lobster tastes like. She went to the kitchen and came back out saying that the "Lobster Mac&Cheese" is actually 40% seafood, and the rest is Lobster." Even if that was the case, we told her there was NOT ONE PIECE OF LOBSTER! So, after the fact, I looked at the menu once again to see if I overlooked the description.. Sure enough... "Lobster Mac&Cheese - Succulent lobster tossed with corkscrew pasta and a savory 3-cheese sauce. Topped with toasted breadcrumbs!" Someone else was mistaken... Lying to me (when I've caught my own Lobster in the Keys), and the fact they're trying to take advantage of tourists, earned them a 1 star.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Nice place great servers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great service, and entertainment. Food was good and the servers were helpful and attentive. Entertainment was great

Visited July 2014
“Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We literally waited over 2 hours for our entree and the manager didn't even care. No apologies from restaurant we ended up asking for check and leaving

Orlando, Florida
“Not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Just finished dinner. Service was REALLY slow... When the food finally arrived, my friends really enjoyed their chicken pasta. However, my friend who got the Jump-Up fish in a bag dish was horrible--- all she could taste was the heavy garlic and lemon...fish was overdone and the asparagus was sad looking and tasting.
Server could have been much more attentive considering how backed up kitchen was.
Music entertainment, too, was just way too loud.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Great weekday specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place overlooks the beach, so the view from the dining room or patio is great. The dining room is clean and fairly nice, yet casual. An updating wouldn't hurt, but not too bad. The service was casual but friendly and excellent. What really makes this place stand out is the specials they have on certain nights (listed in their website). The prices are literally about 50% off. Also, they have a $5.00 drink menu with 8 or so different cocktails. I had a couple of martinis, both served perfectly chilled and mixed, and brought to the table filled to the rim. I'll for sure go back here the next time I visit Pompano Beach.

• Visited June 2014