“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Seaside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 308 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newark
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Residence Inn next door to this restaurant. We didn't feel like driving anywhere for dinner so we walked over to the Seaside Grill. I had read the reviews and wasn't expecting anything really wonderful but we were pleasantly surprised.
It was a Friday night around 7pm and we were seated right away. The menu has many options. We had the chicken quesadilla for an appetizer and it was really good. My husband had the pecan snapper which he said was good and I had the fish and chips. I get that a lot and this fish was cooked really well and the coating was very crisp - not mushy. It was one of the best fish and chips I have ever had. We thought the prices were reasonable.
The ambiance is just OK. It was dark and we didn't realize the Tiki Bar outside, which we could see from our hotel, was part of the restaurant or we might have gone outside for a drink.
Service was good. The waiters seemed to know many of the guests so it is probably a locals place which means the food is good on a regular basis.
We plan to return to the area and would eat here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Tiki Bar Outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

So my wife and I stopped at the Seaside Grill. We did not eat inside but instead went outside to the tiki bar. The location is nice as it overlooks the ocean.

They have live music 7 days a week and we went on Thursday night. The music was good and the singer was friendly took requests.

There is nothing fancy here. reasonable priced drinks, good service and pub food.

Our waiter made sure our glasses were always full and we had the burgers and fish for dinner. Just what we expected!

There is a blend of locals and vacationers at the Tiki bar. W good mix and nice people.
It was fun night

I can not say anything about eating inside but if you are looking for some pub food, drinks by the ocean and music... this is a hidden gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, MD
“Average food, nice views, great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our meal was ok...some good some not as good. Soup was not good...tasted like out of a can and big celery and carrot pieces took up the whole bowl. Fried shrimp and coconut shrimp were tasty and large portions. Fish and chips was good...3 huge pieces. View of the beach was nice and service was friendly. Large bar area with TVs for sports viewing. Nice time overall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mahopac, New York
“Don't let appearances fool you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was told about this place by a friend who lives in the area. This restaurant is part of a larger resort type hotel. Upon entering you get a bit of a typical hotel bar feel - even a little bit cheesy. But I have to say, the service and food more than make up for the lack of atmosphere. Our server was very well versed in the menu and made some terrific recommendations. The food was presented beautifully and tasted amazing. I am not sure I would go out of my way to re-visit this restaurant, but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the presentation and the food itself.

Visited January 2013
Huntley,IL
“Seek a better seafood restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Horrible service, hair in the food (we were not even compensated), and overpriced average food. The only highlight was the amaretto tequila. Do not give them your business.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere