“best seafood south of chicago” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 296 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Chicago, Illinois
“best seafood south of chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

was down in pompano beach last week. went to this restaurant three times. food was fantastic, all three times. service was great. met the owners, who were very friendly, and made the experience great. food comes to you seconds after its cooked small friendly place. it is the best seafood restaurant I have been to. will be back again. if your with in 50 miles make this a must stop Tim Hoholik

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cambridge, Canada
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has great tasting seafood. It is a bit challenging to find and not in the nicest area of town.....but worth the adventure. It is a very small restaurant, only a few tables and bar counter area, however we went around 4:30 and found a seat no problem. Fish and chips were amazing, and we even took another order of clam strips to go! Good food, good prices. Try it and you will find out why it is rated it the top restaurants in Pompano Beach.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas
“Great Food, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

All of the seafood looked divine. I went back twice while on vacation with my son. Hes 10, the portions for a kids meal were tremendous. Shrimp was so fresh. Oysters were so good. Wish I had you in Dallas. Scary location a bit, but due to the reviews on Yelp, I went for it. Nice staff. Space is cramped. Cook is really an excellent old school cool man who knows how to fry his seafood! Best of luck to you.

Visited July 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
“True Florida Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Its as simple as this....you will be hard pressed to find better seafood in South Florida. The Fish Shack can rival some of the Florida Keys finest. Yes, it is that good. The conch salad is as authentic as the Bahamas. I usually get the grouper or triple tail-fried platter. Must get a piece of key lime pie as well. Prices are very fair. Now the seating is only 4 tables and a bar. They have limited hours and I think are closed on Sundays. Do yourself a favor and stop into the Fish Shack.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coconut Creek, Florida
“It is true what they are saying...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

...Fish Shack rocks! I've been trying to find a decent seafood restaurant ever since the plane landed 5.5 years ago. Friends have suggested I try Fish Shack. All the reviews I read gave the restaurant rave reviews. I was not disappointed. From the time my Mom and I walked in until we left, we were made to feel special. I had the conch. It was very well prepared and quite good. My Mom ordered the garlic butter shrimp. Words cannot adequately describe how good it was. The service and overall atmosphere of the restaurant was upbeat and friendly. On the way out my Mom asked me to take her back real soon. She said it was like being at home. What better kudos can a restuarant receive?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere