“A Place in the Sun.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palos Hills, Illinois
“A Place in the Sun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The moment I stepped on this treasure I knew this would be just what I needed! I'm going through a painful divorce, I came to Pompano Beach for some peace and tranquility. This place was all that and so much more. I cannot thank Darren and Phillip enough for making my stay so comfortable. They made me feel at home, Darren recommended the perfect room! From the minute I stepped into room 3, I knew it was perfect. The room was immaculate and smelled so good, I've been in a many motel and resorts, but this one beats them all. I was there for a week, Darren and Phillip's hospitality was better then excellent they were there always asking if there was anything I needed. They were friendly always smiling, that I actually started smiling after the first day I was there, that had not happened for the past 3 months since I left my husband. I was saddened that I had to leave early because my grandmother was very ill. I was so comfortable there that I would have stayed another week if the circumstances were different. This place is the real thing, a true treasure of Pompano. It's was everything I needed plus more, I will definitely come back here over and over. I visit Pompano about once a year, and this will be my place in the sun. The beach is right across the street, I loved that because I love going to the beach. Their pool also excellent. Thank you again Darren and Phillip for making my stay so comfortable and peaceful, it was just what I needed! <3

Room Tip: I loved room 3, it was a queen size bed with a kitchenette. Beautifully decorated and immaculately c...
Green Features: The owners always checked with me, If I needed anything towels, sheets etc. Since I was only there a week I didn't need sheets changed or a whole lot of towels. I thought that was a good practice environmentally that they changed the sheets and towels as needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Just across the street from the beach, this place was an immaculate little treasure, Our room was very clean and maintained to a T. The pool is very inviting and the landscaping in the pool area was done very well. The owners were very kind and you could tell take great pride in their establishment. If you are in need of a place in the pompano area, I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We liked the convenience of the room with a kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ely, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had a lovely stay with friendly hosts. The pool is a delightful throw-back, but with the beach so close it was tough to decide where to spread out our towels. Beach chairs are available to borrow which we greatly appreciated. We had a unit with a kitchenette (must eat gluten free) and it was super.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Montgomery Village, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just got back from spending a 2-week business/vacation trip to Pompano Beach. For the last few years, I have been staying there instead of my son's big house. At the Sea Horse Motel you really feel you are in a resort surrounded by palm trees and green grass. A beautiful pool and plenty of space to lounge and enjoy the Florida Sun while listening to some great music.The warmth of the owners. Darren and Phillip, is refreshing and it shows in how the rooms are furnished and equipped. I have already reserved a room for 2 weeks in July and cannot wait to see them and spend good time chatting with them and their well-screened guests. I highly recommend this home-away.-from-home gem of a motel.

Room Tip: all rooms are comfortable with big beds. depending on the size of your party, check their web site f...
Green Features: You are given a choice as to the frequency of changing your bedding and sheets to minimize chemicals used in detergents.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This has to be the cleanest and friendliest motel I have ever stayed at. The owners can't do enough for you to make your stay the most pleasant and relaxing stay you've ever had. Cannot say enough nice thing about the place. My stay was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We enjoyed 3 days April 16 through 19th because we were attending a wedding across the street at the Marriott and we wanted to give the bride and groom a nice gift, so we found this quaint, clean and perfect little motel of 9 suites. We could not have been happier. The owners live on the property and were there for everything you could need. The sheets and towels were high quaility, the bed comfortable, and the little kitchen saved us from having to go out for meals. The pool was small but again perfect for us. We met really nice folks from sweden who had left a big hotel, and loved this one too. You can spend much more and get far less. Darren you rocked, thanks again for being so very nice.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool.....no bad rooms
Green Features: Fresh and clean, lots of plants and landscaping. Not certain about environmentally friendly practices other than they provided whatever we needed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Booked this motel on the advice of previous guests on trip advisor and we're so glad we did.

Darren was waiting for us on our arrival day and took us to our room (no. 3) lovely feel to the room, very cosy and homely and so clean. I'm really picky about cleanliness and couldn't fault this place. It would be an excellent choice for families as it's only a 5 minute walk to the beach (with beach towels and chairs provided) and there's a nice pool to enjoy at the property with a barbecue for the guests use. There's a small convenience store at the next door motel for most of your needs. Our room had a kitchen, we don't cook while we're on holiday but we really appreciated having a full size fridge (with lots of ice in the freezer) a microwave and coffee maker.

Darren gave us some good recommendations of where to eat, Duffy's Diner (about a 5 minute drive away) for excellent breakfasts and the Briny Irish Bar for drinks/dinner. We walked to the Irish Briny bar each night, took us about 20 minutes to walk there.

There is no daily housekeeping service provided but if you asked for anything providing for your room such as clean towels the owners will happily provide them.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!