“Very caring proprietors!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ann Arbor
“Very caring proprietors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at this motel based on trip advisor reviews. They are very accurate in depicting the motel as retro-cool, updated and clean. There is a nice little pool and garden area, convenient parking. Short walk to a beautiful beach.

The personal touch provided by Darren and Phillip is something you cannot get while staying at a chain. They knew who I was when I called, checked in etc. They gave advice about amenities in the area. The topper was when my son lost a very expensive personal item. We called the motel from the airport to let them know to keep an eye out. Phillip called us later to let us know it had been found, went to the post office that day and mailed it 2 day air at his expense trusting us to reimburse him. THAT is customer service. THANKS!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fenwick Island, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We just checked out. I wanted to like it. I was in pompano beach for spring break in college in the the 70s I swear these rooms are from that era. They haven't been decorated in many years. There is so much they could do here and need to. I like ice for the rooms, comfortable beds and linens a plug to use in the bath room, shampoo if I arrive late. I do need the room to be inviting. This hotel has non of these things. Yes the pool is nice. The owners are nice, but I want to feel like I am in a hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SeahorsePompano, Owner at Sea Horse Motel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our motel Leisuresusie.
In reference to “These rooms” and “They haven’t”, it bears noting that you stayed in only one room (room 6) and therefore are not qualified to comment on ALL of our rooms. That said, ALL of our rooms have been updated within the past year & are decorated differently, as anyone can see via our website, Facebook & Booking.com.

Concerning “ice for the rooms”, there is a full sized fridge/freezer in room 6 and had you bothered looking in the freezer, you’d have found ice trays full of ices. Even our non-efficiencies have mini-fridge/freezers with ice.

Had you asked for shampoo instead of free vodka, we would have gladly provided it as we keep shampoo and coffee on hand.

We’re sorry you can’t appreciate the eclectic décor of our motel but our intent is to set ourselves apart from the sterile, modern, uninviting chain hotels to which you’re accustomed. Clearly if you need to feel you’re at a hotel rather than a motel, you need to adjust your travel plans accordingly.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Cute rooms, small but clean pool, a block from a wonderful unpopulated beach, free wifi, reasonable prices, considerate and available hosts - what more could anyone want? The rooms are super clean. Kitchenette (with toaster) is welcome any time I travel. Daryl keeps asking me if I need anything! If I could rate this place 6 stars I would. So relaxing. Must come here if you are in the area. Adorable. Adequate parking. Close to whatever you want to do.

Room Tip: We were in room #5 which has a double bed, a nice kitchenette, plenty of room, good shower. All goo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

To me the only way to experience Florida is by staying at a small motel near the beach. The Sea Horse fit that bill perfectly and then some! My room was more comfortable than any five star hotel and was impeccably clean. The pool was immaculate and surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Darren and Phillip have done an amazing job on the motel and they are most hospitable! I can't wait to get back and stay for a much longer period.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New Windsor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed there last year in March with my husband. and parents. It was the best most charming place in Fla... The owners are so friendly, kind, make you feel like you arepart of their family,and make sure you have everything you need. I can't wait to get back there for another vacation. The property is keep clean, the rooms are awesome. Do to numberous family illnesses we are unable to vacation this year, but next year for sure.. I think there is no place better.. Its a resort of its own. I felt like I didn't have to go anywhere for anything. We can cook, BBQ right there. I really cant express how happy we were to be there.. You guys are the best..

Room Tip: Anywhere at he Sea Horse is quiet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our week stay at Sea Horse Motel. It was clean, reasonably priced, close to the beach, had a nice heated pool and very accommodating Hosts. The owners made us feel very welcome. They asked us often if we needed anything and they supplied beach towels and chairs if we wanted to take to the beach. You do need to bring your own hair dryer. Our room was the smallest one they have (busy season, book ahead!) but still had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
L'Ange-Gardien, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We came across this quaint motel last year and before we left, made reservations for January / February 2014. The place was clean and the owners were very accommodating and responsive to our needs and requirements and made us feel important and welcome.

Our room included a kitchenette, and had everything we needed to store food and make our own meals. We also had access to a laundry room where we could wash and dry our belongings.

The fence surrounding the heated pool and tropical plants, transported us into a hidden oasis. A short walk across the street, put us on the beach.

Within walking distance we could visit the peer and see people fishing, or walk to one of the great tiki bars in the area, for excellent food and drink, or visit a nearby park to watch the boats coming and going.

Within a short driving distance, we found a wide selection of banks, stores, and restaurants.

For those more adventurous people, access of deep sea fishing boats was close by.

I recommend this motel to anyone looking for a quiet and affordable place to stay to enjoy the sun.

I tip my hat to the owners.

Room Tip: Review the descriptions on the Sea Horse Motel web site.
Green Features: Much attention given to plant life on the grounds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!