“Couldn't be better” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“Couldn't be better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Cute rooms, small but clean pool, a block from a wonderful unpopulated beach, free wifi, reasonable prices, considerate and available hosts - what more could anyone want? The rooms are super clean. Kitchenette (with toaster) is welcome any time I travel. Daryl keeps asking me if I need anything! If I could rate this place 6 stars I would. So relaxing. Must come here if you are in the area. Adorable. Adequate parking. Close to whatever you want to do.

Room Tip: We were in room #5 which has a double bed, a nice kitchenette, plenty of room, good shower. All goo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

To me the only way to experience Florida is by staying at a small motel near the beach. The Sea Horse fit that bill perfectly and then some! My room was more comfortable than any five star hotel and was impeccably clean. The pool was immaculate and surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Darren and Phillip have done an amazing job on the motel and they are most hospitable! I can't wait to get back and stay for a much longer period.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New Windsor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed there last year in March with my husband. and parents. It was the best most charming place in Fla... The owners are so friendly, kind, make you feel like you arepart of their family,and make sure you have everything you need. I can't wait to get back there for another vacation. The property is keep clean, the rooms are awesome. Do to numberous family illnesses we are unable to vacation this year, but next year for sure.. I think there is no place better.. Its a resort of its own. I felt like I didn't have to go anywhere for anything. We can cook, BBQ right there. I really cant express how happy we were to be there.. You guys are the best..

Room Tip: Anywhere at he Sea Horse is quiet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our week stay at Sea Horse Motel. It was clean, reasonably priced, close to the beach, had a nice heated pool and very accommodating Hosts. The owners made us feel very welcome. They asked us often if we needed anything and they supplied beach towels and chairs if we wanted to take to the beach. You do need to bring your own hair dryer. Our room was the smallest one they have (busy season, book ahead!) but still had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
L'Ange-Gardien, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We came across this quaint motel last year and before we left, made reservations for January / February 2014. The place was clean and the owners were very accommodating and responsive to our needs and requirements and made us feel important and welcome.

Our room included a kitchenette, and had everything we needed to store food and make our own meals. We also had access to a laundry room where we could wash and dry our belongings.

The fence surrounding the heated pool and tropical plants, transported us into a hidden oasis. A short walk across the street, put us on the beach.

Within walking distance we could visit the peer and see people fishing, or walk to one of the great tiki bars in the area, for excellent food and drink, or visit a nearby park to watch the boats coming and going.

Within a short driving distance, we found a wide selection of banks, stores, and restaurants.

For those more adventurous people, access of deep sea fishing boats was close by.

I recommend this motel to anyone looking for a quiet and affordable place to stay to enjoy the sun.

I tip my hat to the owners.

Room Tip: Review the descriptions on the Sea Horse Motel web site.
Green Features: Much attention given to plant life on the grounds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on two different nights while on a trip to Key West. This place was a flashback to our times in Florida during the 80's. What a refreshing change from the big impersonable chain hotels. The 9 rooms are of different configuration which should fit most people in choices. Our first night we stayed in a regular size room with bath and the king size bed was the best, most comfortable! After being so welcomed by the owners Darren & Phillip we decided to come back later in the week. Darren gave us a suite room with full kitchen, bath, bedroom and lounge. We felt so at home! The beach is right across the street and stores and restaurants are a short drive away. The pool is right outside the room with plenty of chairs & nice music. We will definetly come back to the Sea Horse as I hope it remains the best kept secret in Pompano Beach! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: 9 rooms with differnet configurations, ask about your choices when making reservations.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is a refreshing departure from chain hotels. It is intimate, with only 9 rooms, and affords personalized service. There is no daily housekeeping service but clean towels are available, and it is a bring your own hair dryer arrangement. The owners live on premise and are helpful and friendly, the rooms are immaculate. We had a kitchen that was well equipped for making breakfast, and dinner if desired. We were across the street from a public beach access but the hotel has a sparkling pool with lounges for relaxing for those who don't like to lounge in the sand. Rooms offer good wi fi and tv, but still somehow seem reminiscent of a simpler lifestyle. I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size, and some have kitchens, some do not. There is even a pet friendly room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!