“Relaxing Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Hampshire
“Relaxing Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The bottom line in a review is would they go back. Let's get right to it - yes, we would most definitely go back. I would not look elsewhere.

It was so easy to relax here. All but 1 room open into the center courtyard which consists of a beautifully landscaped pool. Sitting outside, looking at the pool, was so calming. Going in the pool was also great! The beach is just across the street and was very peaceful this time of year.

We stayed in two lovely, clean and very comfortable rooms. My husband and I were in 1 large room that had a nice kitchen. My teen sons had their own very lovely room. The rooms were spotless and well-appointed. We all agreed that the Seahorse was the best place for our family.

The owners are in the right business - they are very customer-service oriented, warm and welcoming - like 2 friends you've known for years. Darren and Philip checked with us every day to make sure all was well. They also gave us great restaurant recommendations. We look forward to seeing them again!

Room Tip: Rooms 1-8 overlook the pool, courtyard. Check out each room on their website.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We, and another couple, stayed at the Sea Horse Motel from October 28 to November 1st 2012, after returning from a transatlantic cruise. We chose this motel based purely on TA reviews and from my first contact with Phillip, one of the owners, to check on rates and availability, I knew it was the right choice because by the time I got off the phone with Phillip I felt more like I was going to visit friends than just checking into a motel.
We arrived early on Sunday, Oct. 28th and were checked in by Darren, Phillip's partner. We were immediately impressed with both his friendliness and the motel grounds.. The love and care that Darren and Phillip had put into decorating the rooms and the grounds was obvious. Our rooms were spotless and charming, each with its own unique style, a king size bed and a fully stocked kitchenette. The pool was right outside our door. It was crystal clear and clean and surrounded by comfy lounge chairs and beautiful tropical plants. There was also a BBQ on the other side of the pool that we used to cook steaks and burgers at night. We spent many hours sitting out there socializing with our friends and others who were staying at the motel. Best yet, their was a beautiful white sandy beach only about 50 yards away!

Shortly after we had arrived we received a call from from another couple we had been traveling with advising us that because of Hurricane Sandy their flight to NY had been canceled and that they were stuck at the airport. After a quick conversation with Darren and Phillip they were able to make arrangements for our other friends to join us and stay until they could reschedule, which wasn't until the following Thursday. Now, this is what makes Darrin, Phillip and the Sea Horse Motel so special to us: Monday, the 29th we received a call from our daughter in NY advising us that we had lost our home and all our possessions to Sandy. Needless to say we were devastated but what was so amazing and comforting was Darrin and Phillips response. They offered us free and unlimited access to their computers, phones and whatever else we would need. They advised that they would make arrangements so that we could all also stay as long as needed. Their kindness and support was endless. By the time we were finally were able to fly home we felt like we were leaving old friends. We all hugged and promised to return sometime this year. This is a great place to stay. No, it's not a 5* hotel with all the pomp and frills but it is spotless and is the most warm and comfortable place we have ever stayed and we have stayed in many hotels over the past 25 yrs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have discovered the place to stay in Pompano! Already planning to go back. It was just what we were looking for. The rooms were clean and charming. The owners were lovely and welcoming. The pool and yard were relaxing and wonderful to sit around and enjoy the weather. The ocean was mere steps away. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was here in Nov./Dec. and now I am here Again staying for 12 weeks. All the rooms - some with kitchen - are so clean that you can eat on the floor. The rooms are surronded by a Little wonderfull tropic garden with a pool in the middle. The two owners, Darren and Phil, take care of you as a Family. They are two amazing persons and they will do anything to make your stay comfortable. If you need the Beach, you just has to cross a Little road. So if you don't want to stay at a big onpersonnal hotel, Sea Horse Resort Motel is the place. You won't regreat it, and I can recomment it with all my Heart.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

It is a quaint, lovely place to stay. Darren and Phil are great hoteliers who make their guests feel welcome and at home. The Seahorse was built in the early 60's and is beyond charming. It is one of few remaining "Mom & Pop" places to stay. The rates are reasonable and the coffee maker is always used by us. For me, the only downside is the mattress' do need updating. I just booked our 4th stay with them. They are close to Dandee Donuts (the best donut shop) and Nelson's Diner is worth passing another diner. I am from Pompano Beach and am grateful Darren and Phil have maintained the sleepy seaside feel Pompano was once known for. When we come to town we won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I love the corner room because it is so roomy. It has a kitchenette and is nicely decorated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Over the past 3 years I have visited South Florida about 8 times for holiday. I started with stays in South Beach, I can say that I've done that and found it expensive, crowded, a bit crazy and a bit dirty. I wanted to find a less expensive and less "hustle" South Florida experience and what I found was Pompano Beach and The Sea Horse Motel. Since September of 2012 this is my 3rd visit and has everything I could ask for in a South Florida visit. Flying into Fort Lauderdale and renting a car is an easy off season expense and The Sea Horse Motel rates are a true value making a week here oh so affordable. The Motel is one of the cleanest places I have stayed, the rooms are older... 50's beach style but the care these guys put into this place is special. They have full kitchens, each time I come here the kitchens look as if they were just renovated, they are that well cared for. Right outside my door is a relaxing pool / patio area surrounded by lush tropical plants and landscaping with relaxing low music surrounding the pool. I walk across A1A (very light / slow traffic) and past a condo and I'm on a great clean beach on the ocean, if you love relaxing on the beach as I do, you wont find much better. With your car you have lots to see close by, shopping, great half day trips to air boats on the everglades, Lauderdale Water Taxi and even a trip to see South Beach if you want. Pompano is great and The Sea Horse Motel is a perfect place for a clean, well maintained relaxing stay. Thanks again Guys... A+++

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a jem! We loved our stay at the Seahorse~Philip and Darren (owners) were so gracious, friendly and warm. The location could not have been more convenient, the beach across the street-such easy access! And thank you for the use of the beach chairs and umbrella! Our room was awesome, we tend to be home-bodies, so being able to make our own meals and snacks was fantastic! And they have a gas grill which made our Sunday dinner AWESOME! If you do like to eat out, you are just a few blocks away from some great restaurants. We definitle left feeling calm and relaxed-just what we needed. We will definitley be coming back and will highly recommend this jem to our friends and family. Thank you for everything...see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!