“Nice place and nice owners” 5 of 5 stars

901 N. Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL   |
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
gluegirl7
“Nice place and nice owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here in November this year for a few weeks. I stayed in room 2 which is one of their standard rooms for a few days and then moved into room 5 which was larger and had it's own kitchen and sitting area. I found both the rooms very clean and Darren and Philip the owners extremely helpful and kind. If you are looking for somewhere quiet but close to the beach you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than a few days pay the extra money and go for one of their efficiencies.
Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I booked this property very last minute and late in the evening. The owner was very kind and made sure we had everything we needed. We booked a basic room with a king size bed. They also have larger rooms with kitchenettes but we opted for the least expensive. The room was very clean and had a charming look and feel to it. The bed was comfortable, the A/C was cold, and we had a great stay! I'm not sure what other people were talking about, but we received prompt housekeeping service during our stay. The pool area was nice although we didn't actually use it. It appeared that the beach was right across the street (on the other side of some condos) but we never walked over to it so I can't comment on the beach either. If we ever find ourselves in Pompano Beach again, this will definitely be where we stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Sea Horse as we wanted to visit the Ft Lauderdale area prior to the departure of our cruise. We were looking for a well mantained, no frills place at a resonable price with access to ocean, dining and relatively close to Criuse port. We found all of this here.

The facility is well maintained both inside and out, the owner/operators live on site. You can contact them the old fashioned way if you wish. Knock on their door!

Facility is retro 60's with original tile fixtures etc. Renovated where it was needed. Owners gave us a tour of a couple of unrented rooms. Each is slightly different and it was neat to see the different period decorating themes etc.

It was refreshing to find a neat quirky place with very helpful people running it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Sea Horse is perfectly located to the beach and restaurants. Beach access is just across the street. Pompano's ocean front walk has been updated and is just beautiful: restaurants, a bit of shopping, and Razzleberry's Ice Cream are all within walking distance. The motel's rooms are perfect: clean, updated, full kitchens, fantastic showers, and a great pool. The grounds are super nice and there is a feeling of openness because the property is not [yet] surrounded by highrises. Darren and Phillip are great hosts; accomodating and attentive. It's all about comfort and value and truly vacationing here. This will be our second home, so glad to have discovered it. See you next year, hopefully!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 which was bright and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My father has stayed at this hotel several times when he has come down to visit, so I've seen several different rooms at the hotel. The rooms are very clean and look like they've been completely renovated. The rooms have wood floors and full kitchens with the necessary utensils. The grounds are well-kept, and the pool is heated (useful for the few months a year where it needs to be). The owners are incredibly nice and gracious. And best of all? You cross the street and you're at the beach. Although I've never rented a room to know the cost, my father says that it's a great value, and he'd recommend this hotel to others, as would I.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I came across this wonderful quaint little motel by chance, and I am so happy that I did! What a breath of fresh air... The rooms are adorable and clean. The owners were so friendly and helpful - I felt as if I stepped back on time! If you are looking for a quiet, affordable and home like environment that is steps away from the ocean and close to all the eateries of the Fort Lauderdale and Pompano area - this is it! It was so clean and well maintained, that I felt as if I was staying at a friend's home!

• Stayed September 2012
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you are traveling in South Florida or looking for a wonderful weekend get-a-way, the Sea Horse Motel in Pompano Beach is a hidden gem! The owners are personable, friendly, and fun. The rooms are impecably clean - each room has it's own personal style (like a B&B). It is within steps of the beach and close walking distance to wonderful places to eat and visit. It is a small and quiet place to stay, and very safe. I immediately felt "at home" and was impressed by the other courteous and friendly guests staying here.

If you want to be nearby Fort Lauderdale, but away from the noise and chaos - this is the place you need to stay! This is my second visit to the Sea Horse, and I cannot think of another place where I have truly felt "at home". A little slice of paradise!
BB~~~

Room Tip: I stayed in Room #1 - ithas an "Asian" theme, along with a kitchenette. Beautiful and comf...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sea Horse Motel? Share your experiences!