“Great Location, nice new modern rooms” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1301 South Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Location, nice new modern rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Ok, first of all I stayed in a studio suite, room 508.
So, my review won't be the same as others, since some had larger suites.
My balcony also faced the (dog) park, and not overseeing the poolside.
But, yes, with view of the canal and ocean , too.

The studio rooms, would be ideally for singles or for couples, esspecially couples in love.
Or with a family with very small children, that you want close by. As only one room is available for all people (up to 4) to sleep.
I actually stayed there with my aunt, but after 2 nights, she couldn't handle the non-privacy of not having her own room. :(

The jacuzzi tub within the room, does come in handy, even though I only used it twice, but on a rainy day, is was the perfect thing to do.
Staying there, is like staying in a hotel. Yup, they even help you bringing up your bags.
Everything is provided in your room, coffee, paper towels, shampoo, even bubble bath.

To get to the beach, I always went via the sister property.
About a 3 to 4 min walk to thier pools, and beach.

The positives:
Close to everything. Small grocery store, and Stingers Pizza and bar. Just a buliding away.
You need to go to Stingers bon a saturday night, Great street entertainment, music, and dance.
Thier pizzas are really good, too. Just don't order any with mushrooms.... it's like a can of mushrooms placed on top.
And thier daily specials ( I had meatloaf), once, are huge !!! And very affordable .

The beach and ocean itself is terrific. Never overcrowded, since it is private.
I stayed there most of the day, and at the sister resort a little.
But, once it gets windy or chills down, it always took me back to the Santa Barbara, for thier outdoor hot tub ! (and to get out of the wind - the bldg protects you from it).

Terrific are the large bathrooms they have on the pool area, complete with showers, too.
Free computer/internet use and print outs, in the Captains room (lobby area).

Negatives:
Don't stay in a studio, with someone else that wants more privacy, it won't work out good.
The common BBQ is used by the Tikibar during the day at times. So, you can't really use it, whenever you want.
Speaking if the Tikibar... hamburgers were selling for $5 plus something.
Your better off walking that 1 bldg over to Stingers....
The climate control in the rooms are noisy. I just turned it off at night. Really didn't need it.
The use of elevators is for me somewhat of a nuissence (but thats only me). I kinda just like to walk out an be there, type of guy. Or walk down or up a few steps.
It's like a highrise hotel, simple as that.
I did agree for a timeshare presentation. Don't think I'll ever do that again.
They tied me up from 9 am to 2pm. 5 whole hrs !
My compensation was $50 cash. But, not worth going thru it all. I wouldn't do it , again.

I have another timeshare at the Surfrider in Pompono Beach, even though it's much older,smaller and less modern, it had more atmosphere.
But, the location at Santa B, was great.... Everything within very short walking distance.

I have no problem going back there, looking forward to it.

Btw, I actually own this timeshare, and not being biased at all.
Feel free to e-mail me, for more info.
Besides, always willing to rent it, or trade it.

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St Clair Shores, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

We found this resort at the last minute off of south Florida craigslist. We booked it through an owner and the booking process was seamless. Check in was incredible. Our room was not ready, we arrived earlier than check-in time, and we were called immediately when it was done, which was at exactly 4:00pm. We booked a 2 bedroom condo and had a great corner balcony, ocean view (room 810). The accomodations were spacious, spotless, fully stocked. They do not offer maid service, but offer sheets, towels and other amenities as requested. I cannot say enough about the staff, they jump whenever you ask for anything. The pool is heated and the surrounding area is lush and pretty. The on-site bar is lacking, they only offer a few drinks and some lunch items, but we kept stuff in our room. We went across the street to the Royal Vista and it was very nice, larger pool area, right on the beach. We walked to Stingers for breakfast, it was very good. We drove to Publix, a few minute drive, and stocked up on groceries. I really cant say enough about this hotel. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Great with small kids... TV's, DVD player, some pool toys in a container by the pool. Kiddie-pool at the Royal Vista, but not heated. Small playground also. We did the time-share presentation for the $75. It was 90 minutes and didnt get "pushy" until the very end, but it was worth the $75.00.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

OMG! This place was really fantastic. Our room could have been classified as a penthouse suite. It was very new, although I don't think the building was new. We got a suite which was massive with huge separate bedroom with spa tub, couch, chair, bathroom, balcony and wet bar. The living/dining room was large with flat screen tv, bathroom, wrap-around balcony, table with 6 places and 6-8 places to sit in the living room. The kitchen was also full sized.

Don't eat at the restaurant next door which they will give you coupons for. I think it was Stingers. Very nasty place.

Walk to the sister resort and check out their pool and beach front area. Although, the pool at this hotel was nice.

Difinately eat at Houstons for a special dinner. Very nice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

My partner and I decided we needed a few days off from our busy schedule to relax for 4-5 days and enjoy ourselves. We stayed at this resort for 2 days and was absolutely satisfied. The rooms for this resort were absolutely beautiful and spacious! Full kitchen, with everything that you need from paper towels, silverware, along with comfortable beds and pillows to even a jacuzzi built in right in front of the bed. I thought that was unusual, but the design worked well with the room design. Front desk was nice when we checked in..he also asked for us to stop over at the conceirge desk to get our free parking pass..which was great! The free parking garage was in the back of the building. I had to fill out a 5 question survey about age, income etc. which I knew was for a timeshare opportunity..but she was nice about it, not pushy at all, just an invitation to come the following day if interested. She gave us two goody bags..which I thought was useful..it had toothpaste, hair ties, moisturizers, all things that I was able to use. Our balcony view was the view of high rise condos to our left which were the beach side across the street. Front desk also mentioned that we can use the Wyndam across the street too, which we did with their Fitness room, ocean view! An outside bar area was also over there which was the access to the beach. From the beach, we could see a lighthouse if you look to your left, it was nice. Well, for dinner, we felt like some seafood or steak so we went to Flannigans. Great food and only 3 miles or so away on E Atlantic Blvd. Great Clam Chowder and seafood Gumbo. We also did some shopping while we were there..Sawgrass Mall on Sunrise Blvd about 30 mins or less..and an indoor flea market about 15 mins away. Indoor flea market was ok. We also did a sightseeing cruise (Jungle River) before we got here. It was wonderful. The only negative on this trip was the weather since it just got cold through the weekend and we had sun the last 2 days of our trip. So, it was kind of windy so we didn't get to enjoy the pool as much, just sat by it and relaxed. Overall, it was peaceful and enjoyable. I would come back!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The people that work there like Susette Wong in the front desk, make more special and more greatfull our vacation in this clean and great hotel, the rooms are bigs, and complete with everything you need.
I will go again for sure.
Luis M. from Guatemala City, Central America

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. As you walk in there's a fully equipped kitchen with full size appliances. The dining room seats 6 and there's 3 overstuffed armchairs across from the couch that makes into a bed. There's also a closet and bathroom with shower in this first room. But the real showstopper here is the huge wrap around balcony facing the ocean, the view is spectacular! As you walk into the separate bedroom there's a sofabed and comfy armchair in the on the left. To the right is a bathroom with a shower and sink. To the right of the bed is a large triangular jacuzzi tub with another sink area next to it. The private balcony here has a view of the ocean on one side and the intercoastal wayerway on the other side. A studio apartment has just the first room and the 1 bedroom is like the one I'm describing. The beach is very nice with a place to rent lounge chairs and watertoys. Their sister property is not directly across the street, you go across the steet and a block to the left to get there. It's definitely worth the effort as they have 3 pools (one is huge) and a very nice beachside bar. It is also right on the beach with showers to rinse off. The walk is only about 5 minutes and well worth the effort. Both of these resorts are topnotch with new furnishings and huge suites plus parking is free. Be warned, they have no maid service, and there is only one trashcan in the whole place (in the kitchen) but the huge new suite with breathtaking views of the ocean from both balconies makes it all worthwhile. If you're looking for a one bedroom suite ask for room 909, that was our room and it had a spectacular ocean view!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

Check-In was smooth and very quick (as we were a guest of the property I didn't know what to expect). However, should you have a very late pm arrival or early morning am hours due to flight delay or other, make certain to notify the front desk early enough to make certain that someone will be there to assist you with check-in. Although I don't know the exact hour for certain, it would appear that the front desk in the lobby was vacated after 11:30pm-12:00am ? Lobby remains open (In/Out).

You will be given passes for parking from the Concierge (in morning if arrival is in early evening or thereafter), and that person will present you with a complimentary small bag containing items like toothpaste, a small paperback for beach reading, a granola bar, and similar items. Of course, this is the time when they will also take a moment to pitch going to the Wyndahm Royal Vista (across the street) to hear more about Time Sharing Opportunities and offer you $100.00 towards one of several things (mainly shopping or eating). This is a Very Low pitch, and very easy to say No, "Not_Interested" if indeed you're not. I said No, and my reason's why (simply on Vacation w/family and was not interested), and other than a message on our phone, and them asking my spouse to ask me again, that was it.

The room we had was a high Ocean Front room. Close to the very top (10-Floors total). It had a large wrap around balcony with two chairs and a small table (Note that you are across the street from the beach, and your ocean front view is not completely unobstructed due to other properties across the street, but as long as your up a few floors, you will no doubt be quite pleased, at the view as we were. There is also a smaller balcony off the master bedroom (seperated from the main balcony, but in view). I cannot speak of the one-bedroom units since we stayed in a two bedroom, but it would appear that each floor has three bedroom units (one facing the intercoastal waters, one facing the beach, and the other facing the beach/pool area). Our unit had three semi-large LCD TV's (one in LR, Master Bedroom, and second bedroom). There was also a stereo in the LR. If you bring a laptop, there is free high-speed wireless internet available, accessible in your rooms. The kitchen is full, and stocked extremely well with everything you will need. There is a dishwasher, and microwave as well. The table in the dining area is large (6-people) and very nice. The temperature in the room is adjustable to your liking (not locked). Both bathrooms were very nice and the showers were large and tiled, and clean. The master bathroom also had a smaller jacuzzi. There was also, a iron, ironing board, broom, and small push sweeper. Plenty of dresser and closet space available. Overall, the unit was very well maintained, and we were very pleased, and pleasantly surprised.

As for housekeeping, although no one comes daily to clean (I actually prefer this), they are there in minutes to bring you anything you require (room related; bath and/or beach towels, toiletries, soap, garbage bags, coffee, popcorn, etc...). I cannot speak highly enough of housekeeping and their promptness to being helpful.

As for the staff in general. All were very nice. Always saying hello, and asking how your stay is going, even the maintenace men.

As for activities, there is a Captains lounge area (with many tables for checkers or cards), and one pool table (almost always accessible), and another recreaction area with one ping-pong table (again, available most times). There are a few board games that you can sign out at the lobby as well (Uno, monopoly, sorry, scrabble, etc...).

There is one pool and one hot tub. Both outside. The pool was never overpacked in our one week stay. Upon occasion, you may actually have it to yourselves (unusual but possible). Note that you can use the pool and other facilities across the street at the Royal Vista (2 minute walk). You just need to go to their front desk, show them your room key from the Santa Barbara, and then they will give you small rubber wrist bracelets to wear (as a guest).

As for the location, it's very safe and there are many places to eat within a mile or two. there is also a Publix grocery store as well as many drug stores. You can be in Fort-Lauderdale in 20 minutes or Miami in about 50 minutes. There's also a small mini-golf (pretty nice) and go-kart track (nice), and arcade (if smaller kids and beach boredom strikes), at a place called Boomers in Boca Raton, about 20 minutes North.

Across the street at the Wyndahm Royal Vista, there are water activities (kayaking, jet skis; $$$...about $80/1/2hr. or $108 1hr. after fees...). You can also rent Cabanas (about $20 day or Umbrellas ($10/day) or beach chairs ($5-$7/day).

Overall, this property gets a (A) from me. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!