WARNING DO NOT ARRIVE AFTER 10PM AND EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE YOUR ROOM UNTIL 7AM the next morning. We arrived early Tuesday morning following a long trek across the US to the greeting of an unenthusiastic female security guard that argued about our booking and told us that we had to go straight up to our room until the next morning because she was unable to provide a room key. What kind of hotel fails to provide proper access to guests that have paid for their rooms?
Despite the photos you may see on various travel websites, be advised you may expire cle a Bait and switch. The actual rooms look nothing like the photos and most importantly, The rooms are not clean, my 10 month old baby had dirt all over his knees and hands from crawling on a tile floor that had not been scrubbed in years. Many of the fixtures are rusted, pieces of furniture stained and carpeting fraying.
The location is fantastic, and I guess I could have overlooked some of these issues until today. My son and I walked across the street to use the kiddie pool at Wyndham Royal Vista. Assuming that like any normal hotel, towels would be available for use at the pool. I had no idea, nor had I ever a pool towel policy as strict as the policies at wyndham Royal Vista and Santa Barbara. I have been to third world countries with hotels using less advanced laundry facilities that have at least been generous enough to give one pool towel/guest. I made a mistake, I had no idea about rules on obtaining pool towels etc, i explained to the laundry staff that "I am sorry, I will not forget again" and begged for just one pool towel for my 10 month old son. I was told by a MANAGER that my request violated the Wyndham Corporate policy on Pool Towels despite standing in the lobby dripping wet holding my 10 month old shivering baby. What kind of a hotel would leave a guest standing wet for the cost of a $1.00 pool towel?
The whole experience has left me wondering why anyone would even consider buying into a Wyndham resort that treats guests and owners in such a classless, unwavering manner. I would be ashamed to call myself an owner at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort will be closed until December 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Wyndham Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Santa Barbara Hotel Pompano Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Pompano Beach
- Wyndham Pompano Beach
- Pompano Beach Wyndham