“Dirty Rooms, Poor Attitudes & One EXTRA Pool Towel” 2 of 5 stars

Wyndham Santa Barbara
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1301 South Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Dirty Rooms, Poor Attitudes & One EXTRA Pool Towel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

WARNING DO NOT ARRIVE AFTER 10PM AND EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE YOUR ROOM UNTIL 7AM the next morning. We arrived early Tuesday morning following a long trek across the US to the greeting of an unenthusiastic female security guard that argued about our booking and told us that we had to go straight up to our room until the next morning because she was unable to provide a room key. What kind of hotel fails to provide proper access to guests that have paid for their rooms?
Despite the photos you may see on various travel websites, be advised you may expire cle a Bait and switch. The actual rooms look nothing like the photos and most importantly, The rooms are not clean, my 10 month old baby had dirt all over his knees and hands from crawling on a tile floor that had not been scrubbed in years. Many of the fixtures are rusted, pieces of furniture stained and carpeting fraying.
The location is fantastic, and I guess I could have overlooked some of these issues until today. My son and I walked across the street to use the kiddie pool at Wyndham Royal Vista. Assuming that like any normal hotel, towels would be available for use at the pool. I had no idea, nor had I ever a pool towel policy as strict as the policies at wyndham Royal Vista and Santa Barbara. I have been to third world countries with hotels using less advanced laundry facilities that have at least been generous enough to give one pool towel/guest. I made a mistake, I had no idea about rules on obtaining pool towels etc, i explained to the laundry staff that "I am sorry, I will not forget again" and begged for just one pool towel for my 10 month old son. I was told by a MANAGER that my request violated the Wyndham Corporate policy on Pool Towels despite standing in the lobby dripping wet holding my 10 month old shivering baby. What kind of a hotel would leave a guest standing wet for the cost of a $1.00 pool towel?
The whole experience has left me wondering why anyone would even consider buying into a Wyndham resort that treats guests and owners in such a classless, unwavering manner. I would be ashamed to call myself an owner at this property.

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I exchanged through RCI to visit Wyndam Santa Barbara Pompano Beach for our anniversary. We arrive around 1PM, too early for 4PM check-in, but reception called around 2PM to let us know our unit was ready. The unit was only surface clean. The bathroom door was a scratched, worn, sliding door, and the shower drain had rust. The pillow cases had make-up on them, and the mattress was hard and lumpy. I tried not to look at the mattress underneath when making the bed. The jacuzzi in the unit worked fine but I disinfected it each time I used it. The best part of the Wyndam Santa Barbara is the reception staff. We travel via timeshare quite a bit but like a tidy unit and fresh towels. Every day, we took out the trash and dirty towels and called for trash bags and clean towels; they were provided within 5 to 10 minutes. The studio had a full kitchen, so we bought groceries at Publix which is only a 10 minute drive. Upon arrival, reception provided wristbands and towels cards for the Wyndam Royal Vista which is just across the street. I somehow forgot we were staying at a timeshare and ended up paying $20 to attend a 45 minute "welcome" for owners at the Wyndam Royal Vista. I was repeatedly told it was NOT a timeshare presentation, but guess what, it was. The salesman quickly saw we were not interested and refunded the $20. We still made the best of our vacation…Wyndam Santa Barbara is a 5 minute walk to the beach and less than an hour on I-95 to other areas. One day, we drove to 2 Drunken Goats in Palm Beach Shores (close to where we got married), and the next day, we drove to Wet Willie's in South Beach. Another day, we went to Sawgrass Mills and to the Ft. Lauderdale Antique Auto Museum. In Pompano, we went to the Isle of Capri Casino, Houston's, and SiSpa, all three which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were given a 9th floor balcony studio with a nice view of the intercoastal waterway and partial v...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Javier D, Manager at Wyndham Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear cynjeff,
Thank you for your review, we are sorry you had to be dealing with cleanliness issues. We know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and you did not receive this. Please rest assured we will have our housekeeping staff address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. Thank you for making us aware of this situation so we have the chance to make it right.
Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Been a Wyndham/RCI owner for many years, traveled the world, staying in Wyndham/RCI properties in many states. Our first visit resulted in my wife getting sea lice on her by sitting at the jacuzzi which isn't being cleaned and sanitized. They know their is an epidemic at the ocean and need to keep the pool area safe. Wife has scars for life. Requested top floor, wasn't provided. Had to request missing kitchen supplies. Had to talk to Resort Manager regarding issues. Unit floor wasn't clean, feet black after walking on the floor. Stayed in 1 bedroom deluxe. Positives: Front desk staff exceptionally friendly, happy and of course the concierge desk staff as helpful as any in the world. Location great for beach and walks. Bed very, very old and needs to be replaced. C grade hotel, A for the staff. Dinner cruise was great fun, not so good food, but worth the time and money.

Room Tip: highly recommend intercoastal western side. away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Golfgator,
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We take the health and comfort of each guest very seriously. Please rest assured that our properties work closely with environmental health professionals to effectively intervene and manage any potential infestations.I am looking into your specific issues. Thank you for making us aware of this situation so we have the chance to make it right. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently stayed @ the Wyndham Santa Barbara with my family for 1 week this past August. We are Wyndham club access owners and I must say this resort was a nice surprise. Building up to our stay, the staff @ the Wyndham Santa Barbara told my wife that we could use the pool and activity center etc. at the Wyndham Royal Vista just across the street. But why I say now, the pool (area), hot tub, activity center/fitness room @ the Wyndham Santa Barbara were clean and very nice. Pompano Beach is easily accessed from this property by crossing the street. The main bonus of this property was the staff though, very nice, and always earnestly trying to make an effort to accommodate us as guests. The concierge, Pauletta, was the Best!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, chris s for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, the pool (area), hot tub, activity center/fitness room and the staff @ the Wyndham Santa Barbara, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Indianola, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Santa Barbara great rooms staff very friendly and hospitable
pool and hot tub small but useful not many activities but beach across the street . You can go up the street to Royal Vista for beach activity and the always busy Tiki Bar with live entertainment on weekends

• Stayed July 2014
Javier D, General Manager at Wyndham Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you, Hawkwetz for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to this place because I was at the brother resort PALMAIRE
before and know about this, the experience is super, nice accommodation,a little space for accommodate 6 peoples in the living, but we have all the amenities that we need, and can use the others resorts too, we went to the pool at the ROYAL VIEW BECAUSE IS ON THE BEACH AND HAS A TIKI BAR, but our resort is so nice with a game room with a pool table that we enjoy at night. Everything was clean, no complain only that the AC doesn't work under 76 an it is a problems for me. This resort is a time share remember it if you don't wish to go to the presentation as we did, but is a fantastic place that I suggest install ceiling fans in the rooms. Kind and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, Maria0042 for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will make sure the issues you encounterd are taken care. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for a couple of days. We stayed in a two bedroom two bath. The unit served us well. Appliances were perfect and the utensils were good too. The furniture was nice. The pool was small but clean. The whole unit was clean and everything worked just fine. Low ceilings were strange though. I'd rather have been across the street!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Joe C, Manager at Wyndham Santa Barbara, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you, Travlinguy517 for the kind words. We are very please to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities suited you well. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed the fact that the room was furnished and all the appliances met your needs. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
Warmest regards,
Joe
(954)941-5566

Been to Wyndham Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!