“between two parks and two waterways” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1301 South Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheville, North Carolina
“between two parks and two waterways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This resort is like a really fine boutique hotel. Even though I was in a studio unit, it was so large and functional it was a real pleasure being there. The swimming pool and patio bar and no little urchins made for a grand senior experience. The staff were very helpful and the little daily extras such as an ice cream bar and wine and cheese offering were unexpected treats. Large functional kitchen and large flat scree TV were very fine. The bed was not quite a queen and difficult for a large person to get comfortable, only downer

Room Tip: Try for the even numbers to get the shady side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay! Great location - right across the street from the beach. Easy to cross the street and access through the Royal Vista (sister property).

The units are quite large - we stayed in a 1 bdrm deluxe - slept 6. Two full bathrooms, full kitchen, pull out couch in the living room and a pull out couch in the bedroom, and a king size bed. Two balconies - request a higher floor and corner unit for a good view of the ocean and intercoastal. The unit is very large and comfortably holds six people.

There are some activities on site for adults and children like bingo, wii, toss game, remote control boats etc. as well as a billiard table and table tennis.

The pool was very warm - could swim for hours. Hot tub is nice too. In previous reviews, there was comments about the size of the pool. This is NOT a problem. The pool is a very good size. My only real complaint about this hotel/ condo is the pool hours. There is absolutely no reason that it is closed so early. It should be open until 11pm so if you want to take a swim after dinner or a hot tub, you should be able to. I'm sure one of the concerns is that it may disturb the guests who have a pool view - the units are pretty sound proof and this shouldn't be a problem. I must say, this was disappointing!

Great restaurants in the area but a car is necessary. Lots of grocery stores near by as well.

The property has a BBQ on site for your cooking pleasures.

I never attended the timeshare presentation. If you don't want a high pressure sales pitch to buy a unit, just say no and they won't bug you again. Otherwise, attend and you will get money off the Serenity Cruise.

Regarding negative reviews you may read - don't believe all you read. This place is very nice and well maintained. If you are disappointed with it, then you didn't research it well. It is exactly as advertised.

Tip: request a high floor and a corner unit, for a wrap around balcony.

Stayed December 2013
ghent, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

the location is directly across the street from the ocean with easy access at nearby wyndham property. The young woman who checked us in was excellent, courteous and efficient, providing useful information (and a much needed bag of ice). This is not a hotel...it provides 1 & 2 bedroom villas with full kitchen and nice balconies (ours had an ocean view from both balconies (room 510). We liked our rooms very much but the furnishings are showing their age.
You must visit the concierge desk in order to get a parking permit and she will try to get you to sign up for a timeshare sales presentation....up to you, of course. We are pros at dealing with these as we own a wyndham time share. We gave them an hour and a half of our time and got two free tickets for the resort's sunset cruise(3 hrs) on the Serenity....which includes a dinner and a great tour of the intercoastal waterway. These tickets cost almost $50.00 each so we got a really good deal for our time.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room on a high floor for wrap-around balcony with great views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

One month ago I was staying at Wyndham Santa Barbara my reservation was for a one bedroom condo that I paid in advance. During my stay I was hosted in a study of lower value than the room I had booked so I requested the refund of the difference that I paid for the room, but it was denied.
I do not recommend this hotel, the reservation system with full payment in advance is a trap which then gives no right to complain, and the customer care service is awful

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Santa Barbara, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We apologize for any confusion regarding your unit size accommodations. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Proper kitchen with an oven and very spacious. Friendly staff ho are very helpful. No room service or daily room cleaning but fresh towels if needed. Smal pool out the back but offer the services and beach access of their sister hotel across the street. Overall we loved it and will probably be back in a few days

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Santa Barbara, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this helpful feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit along with the unit space and amenities. We look forward to your next visit!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wyndham Santa Barbara is located in a quite part of Pompano Beach right across the street from the ocean. The area is very low-key, mellow and relaxing. The beach is clean, not crowded and does not have fist-pumping characters from South Beach. The area appears to attract mature couples and families.

The hotel itself is decent, but does not offer room service. If you want fresh towels or linens, they can be delivered to your room, but that's everything ends. Your room will not be cleaned! During our 5 night stay, room service would have made the difference between considering to stay here again in the future or not. Our stay at Wyndham was covered by the rewards programs and I hope I do not sound too bitter, but if I had to pay for it, there better be room service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was given a room by the Wyndham Santa Barbara Staff when they knowing were aware there was a very bad odor in the room. How do you knowingly place someone in a room that doesn’t meet air quality standards? Plainly put bad customer service. I am a very well-travelled person who intentionally disregarded the several other hotel options and paid more with the Wyndham because I was confident the name would guarantee me a comfortable safe stay with my son. This was a special time for Mommy & Son to get away.
I booked a vacation pkg for my stay in Fort Lauderdale through my airline. Upon arrival there wasn’t any guest check in parking in the front of the hotel and the front desk staff was slower than normal but helpful. I notated details for my room request on my vacation package months in advance and upon check in reminded the concierge of my request. It appeared the request was disregarded or missed. Hmm. This was disappointing but nonetheless I was excited to begin my vacation with my son. Upon entry to the floor while exiting the elevator there was a strong potent odor. Once in the room there was an even stronger horrible smell. I advised the front desk manager. A housekeeping supervisor immediately came up. I initially thought it was pets or a wet dog or Bacteria. I was concerned as my 10 year old son with me has allergies & would have to breathe the heavy unsanitized air through the night. The housekeeping manager completely agreed with me about the odor & apologized -I believe her name was Mary, she was familiar with MY ROOM and commented that she tried to remove the smell earlier that day before my check in. She sprayed the room again with a deodorizer --curtains, bed and floor. The spray helped for about an hour a manager came by but shortly thereafter, to no avail the odor returned and was still present. Mary was passionate about her job but the situation wasn’t her fault at all. A maintenance man later brought a square medium size air filtering machine (noisy) for me to run through the night in hopes it would help. They BOTH indicated that someone burned something in a neighboring room & they couldn't get the smell out. They both showed me the vents where there was evidence of gel air freshener clips that were placed inside of it before my arrival to help with the smell, but nothing helped. For 2 nights of my stay they didn't have a room to move me. My PROBLEM WAS: Why would you put a guest in a room when you KNOWINGLY are aware of the intense ODOR? To their advantage they were fully booked. The smell was so bad I bought candles to try to eliminate the odor. I advised the manager of this. Mary did a superior job with the set up – the kitchen, floors, the bed and the tub, but the odor was relentless. Not what I envisioned my first night the horrific smell and then 3 people in & out of your room & the tele ringing! Vacation? They hurriedly were inquiring about my room but NO ACTION WAS given. We tried to stay out and venture Florida mostly to avoid the room as much as possible. The last 2 nights of my stay a room became available and we were finally moved. It was fresher!!! Upon check out I was encouraged to contact Wyndham’s corporate office & was provided a wrong number-perhaps a simple mistake. I found another # online and left a message. Weeks later without any return calls I followed up with Wyndham’s corporate office & was curtly advised by Brandon at 800-407-5200 to contact my airlines vacation planner. Why would my airline address a problem that occurred at a local hotel? Odd. Weeks had already passed and if I was given the proper direction in the beginning from Wyndham or received a returned call I would have contacted the airline first. I actually thought the hotel resort would be receptive to any concerns brought to their attention. After discussing my concern with my airline they were so kind & understanding. I wish I called them Day 1 upon check in. They also shared with me the written response from the hotel manager which surprised me as they lied about their accommodations that were offered to me. This particular property I encourage everyone to stay away from. The business practices for Wyndham Santa Barbara were unheard of and completely unethical. It’s unfortunate and inexcusable.

Room Tip: You are taking a chance booking here you don't know what you are getting until you get here. B...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Santa Barbara, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with the odor issues in your unit. While management did their best to accomodate, we do understand this situation was an inconvenience. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Been to Wyndham Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!