“Best Place EVER” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Best Place EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed to Santa Barbara, 4 times and have been more impressed each time. I love the location, the staff are amazing and the facilities are 5+star all the way. Added a new fitness centre so for me that was the icing on the cake. I love it and would recommend it. I would suggest it is a mature resort, not many kids which we really enjoy as I go with my friends and they do child care so getting away and not being surrounded by kids is a plus. Across street from beach. IT HAS IT ALL!!

Room Tip: rooms are amazing, very spacious accommodations, balcony and everything you need. Full kitchen whic...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just went for girls weekend w/ my friend. For $148/night ($330 for 2 nights all in) we got a huge 1 bedroom condo. Big living area, dining table, nice kitchen, 2 full baths, huge bedroom w/ couch and garden tub. All very nicely done and comfortable. Service at desk was very helpful at all times. (we were a bit high maintenance.) I was worried about distance from the beach, but was very pleased that you cross a street and walk down a short path and you are there. Literally a 3 minute walk. Also, if you go to the right on the beach, almost empty. I am coming back in the spring.

*Only downside... because this is a timeshare facility, they make you listen to a little 5 minute check in spiel about amenities at the local Wyndam hotels. They offer that you can get gifts like a free boat ride by listening to a full pitch but we declined and that was that.

Room Tip: there are choices of no view, intercoastal, beach and side. we had side and i didn't care. jus...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomington, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had stayed here three years ago with an old college chum and was anxious to return. This time I was joined by my husband and it was as wonderful as I remembered. The weather was great and we really enjoyed the beach. Instead of using the access at the sister resort, we drove a few blocks and were able to walk only a short distance to the water. We had a one-bedroom that was spacious and had two bathrooms (great for his and hers). Great location, close to everything. If you are able to get a corner unit, you get a fabulous wrap around balcony. The pool was a little chilly, but never crowded. Hard to say good-bye...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a "limited accommodations" resort which means, outside of Wyndham owners, only 10 units are set aside per week for the rest of us. I booked it back in June since there was only one remaining two bedroom/two bath unit left for this week and am not at all sorry I did. We are staying here now as I write this and the weather is perfect for beach lovers such as we are: mid 80's, beautiful private beach across the street that we have guest privileges at (private means just that: very few people overall, clean beach, no music blaring and perfect water temps in the 80s, unlike the bone chilling temps in New England!). The unit is modern and spacious though I was disappointed we only got a 3rd floor unit when there are 10 floors available and higher would have meant an even nicer view...oh well.

The unit has a master bath with jacuzzi we have yet to use, full kitchen, stove, microwave, Cuisinart coffee maker, dishwasher, you name it. Three LED TVs, and, best of all, two balconies, including one that is a wrap around because we are in a corner unit. The other is just outside the master bedroom. Grocery store and all the usual restaurants are within a 5-10 minute drive. We spent about $100 on breakfast and lunch stuff and eat dinner out but have not spent a fortune doing so. The resort has a fitness room and activity center in the main lobby, the pool is teeny, barely more than a wading pool but who wants a pool when the ocean is across the street? Plenty of loungers are around the pool, but at the beach, you do need to shell out $5 for a chaise lounge or even more for a veiled double set of loungers. Tip to the wise: ask at the front desk if they have any chairs left behind by other visitors and you might score one.

We still have three days to go and will be going on a Jungle Queen dinner cruise tomorrow night (barbecue and music, sounds fun). We also took a nice drive over to Naples to meet some family and might take in Miami later which is only 45 minutes away. It may be mid October but it is an endless summer here and the Wyndham Santa Barbara is highly responsible for us having an awesome time!

Room Tip: If available, get the highest possible floor facing the beach and you will not be sorry. Even on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I must say this hotel has everything including the kitchen to cook it in! Possibly the best place we have stayed in pompano beach. The view from our suite on the 6th floor was fantastic. Ocean one one side, intercostal on the other and downtown, all rolled into one. The staff was outstanding, very helpful and knowledgeable. Hotel is not on the beach, but a short walk walk across the street. Located just minutes away from shopping, activities, this location provides a oasis for someone who needs to relax and unwind. Excellent value for the buck. Enjoyed the pool with hottub, and made full use of the free barbeque facilities. Also made use of their entertainment offerings, such as the Captains Lounge where you can enjoy a nice game of pool, watch tv, play a variety of games, use the complimentary internet or just plain relax. All in all, great place, can't say enough and highly recommend it to my friends. I work for an airline who prides itself on customer service, and this hotel definitely delivers!

Room Tip: Rooms 6th floor or higher offer excellent view of ocean or intercostal area
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was able to get a timeshare exchange through RCI. We stayed in the 1 bed studio with softbed had the pool view. The kitchen was standard size and updated,clean. There is no daily housekeeping, however you just call the front desk for fresh towels and bedding. There was a brand new fitness center on site which had been open for the 1st time during our stay. Pool size average and hot tub outdoors. In room jacuzzi tub. Pompano Beach access located directly across the street and down a block through the sister resort Royal Vista. You had access to 2 other sister resorts also. Wyndham Palm-aire with gave you access to golf course and there was Wyndham Sea Garden also... Serenity III yacht dinner cruise accessible immediately through parking garage along the coast in rear of Santa Barbara. Convienent to all the local stores up the street. In walking distance Stingers pizza with several lcd tv's in doors and outside, Hair masters for hair ,nails, pedicures service. Also there's a neat little beach store that reasonably priced. I did attend the timeshare presentation with Wyndham over the Royal vista, however did not get sucked in to making purchase..... It was worth it to attend for the free coupons valued about $150. I would stay again , the staff exceptionally friendly, resort clean and updated. Location was good also.... I did have issue on the 1st day with the room , however everything is not always perfect... If I get clean accomodations and friendly service minor things can be overlooked. Tamek, Charlene, Norman, Susan... and all the housekeeping get 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was a timeshare exchange through RCI. We've had a few less than wonderful exchanges through the years but this one was quite good. The building is not on the beach but just a short walk away from it and has good views of the ocean. We have a 2 br 2 bath unit which is modern and spacious. The master bedroom is very spacious and even has a whirlpool bath and small fridge. There is a full kitchen, too. My only complaint is the broken ice maker. I called about it soon after check in on Saturday and a man came, discovered the problem and said it would be repaired the next day. Today is Friday and I have yet to hear from maintenance. However, a large bag of ice was brought to us when the worker arrived to look at the problem so it's working out o.k.

The resort has many activities but we haven't attended them . No chairs are available on the beach. We brought our own. If that isn't an option I would suggest purchasing some at one of the nearby Walgreen stores.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!