“Honest Sicilian” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 303 restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo cucina siciliana invites you&your family for an authentic sicilian dining experience.We proudly cook with extra vergine olive oil! Sicilian cuisine shows traces of all the cultures which established themselves on the island of Sicily over the last two millennia,it has , greek,roman,arab,norman,spanish,and french influences.Come try our:Pasta con Sarde,Caponata di Melenzane,Pasta al Norma,Pesce Spada Agrodolce!Sicily is Tradition!
Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Honest Sicilian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed many meals in Sicily and dining at Mediterraneo enabled us to relive the experience we had in Sicily. From the wonderful caponata, ample pasta con sarde (tomato based version), the squid filet salad and on to the tiramisu and cannolo, all were prepared honestly, true to the Sicilian tradition. It was as if we were dining at the home of a family in Sicily. I wish there were more in our party so that we could have sampled a few more dishes. The service is cordial and unhurried.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Edwards, Colorado
“It's more than just the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Mediterraneo Cafe and Grill is a great family affair. Specializing in Sicilian specialties as well as national Italian food, it didn't disappoint nor leave me hungry!

The portions are huge and the quality and care was all too apparent.

We were greeted by a plate of Italian Salami and Oil infused Olives and a bowl of Garlic bread
as a thank you for coming in.

As an appetizer my wife and I ordered a Caprese Salad. The tomatoes were fresh and the cheese was soft and plentiful. We shared the salad and it was a good thing since it was a very large portion..

A bottle of Modena olive oil and balsamic vinegar was nearby. The dipping was great.

I ordered a traditional pasta dish that was huge and sumptuous. The sauce was a little weak and could have used a little more flavor.

My wife had a Mussel Zuppe dish. A very large portion and the broth was terrific.

We met the entire family. It was a pleasure. Being in Italy many times, it's unusual not to meet the entire family who runs a trattoria or restaurant.. I met pappa the Chef, the brothers and the girlfriend.

Hey listen. I'm not from Pompano Beach. I'm just a visitor. This is the real deal. Warm, friendly and trying to make a go.

One of the sons said if I come back and want to make a special request, call the day before and they will cook up anything.

Michael the manager claims that their Carbonara Pasta is so good ...."I'll eat the plate" Just call ahead since it's not on the menu".

I might just fly down to take him up on the offer.

We were so full that we couldn't try their Sicilian Cannoli's

Half the restaurant were filled with Italian speaking people and the crowd was a mix of all ages.

The wine was good and the Moretti Beer was a treat.

Try it , you'll like it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mackinac Island, Michigan
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The whole family came to the table and were friendly. The wine was good but were a little disappointed in the food. The veal portion very small and the alfredo was soupy and not very flavorful. The family was very nice, which is why we were sad when the food was not.

FLORIDA
“Warming & Friendly restaurant with excellent Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

As I came in I was greated by Michael, the manager and I told them that I found Mediterraneo by tripadvisor. I was very curious about the place because I visit Sicily 5 years ago. I order the caponata, very taste! For the entree I had spaghetti and mussels amazing and for dessert cannoli I recommend this restaurant if you are looking for an authentic Italian restaurant

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“So many other good choices...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Last night my family enjoyed a dinner for six at Mediterraneo. After reading all of the glowing reviews, frankly I was let down. The service was excellent, warm and friendly and the breads are wonderful. However, the main courses were not the best I've had locally. There are so many wonderful Italian places around that I can only rate this as average.

• Visited October 2013