“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Waterski or Wakeboard year round at Crystal Lake ski school, Fun for the whole family with great personable instructors and a dynamic, exciting experience!
New York City, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My boyfriend is very into watersports, and was eager that I learn too on our spring break in Miami. I had tried and failed waterskiing just once before, can barely swim, and basically believed I was too old (37) and clumsy to learn. But, we decided to check this place out, and signed up for 4h of lessons with Dean Lavelle. (Who happens to be a 6-time wakeboard world champion! check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRhF2lLr3io). It is astonishing to me that a guy like this can be so incredibly sweet and patient with beginners, who must seem borderline retarded to him :). I continued to be plagued by self-doubt on waterskis, and, even with a boom, got stuck in a crouched position for over a minute. While most people might wonder what was wrong with me, Dean reassured me that I was about 2 inches from the correct position, and just needed to quit pulling the rope so hard. Still, I was a bit frustrated, so decided to try the wakeboard instead. Easily got up, quickly learned to turn from side to side, and had no problems even without the boom. By our last lesson, I almost felt like I knew what I was doing! I was having a great time, and am actually eager to return to learn some more interesting tricks. Dean is amazingly talented, funny, charming, and an awesome instructor. I doubt anyone else in the world could have taught me, or made the experience so much fun. He also has the cutest little dog, Bailey, who came along on my lesson for emotional support :)

Visited March 2014

“9yo boy and 12 year old girl. Great experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My son was wake boarding in 15 minutes and my daughter skiing by the end of the one hr lesson (which was $140 total ). Bobby was great. He is a extremely patient teacher and motivates the kids a lot. We are looking forward to come back.

3 attraction reviews
“wakeboard lessons what a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

the instructor Dean is talented, friendly and low key. the pond or lake or whatnot is clear and private!!! and having the side-along boom for the instructor to coach as you wakeboard is a great advantage. definitely worth the fees

Visited June 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place, very friendly staff
We liked it, we eill return
My kids love it
And its very convenient the location

New York City, New York
36 attraction reviews
“This place is wonderful to learn how to Ski”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My 2 girls where skiing in less than 10 minutes for the first time, one is 9 and the other 11. The boats are in great shape, the equipment is top notch and the instructors know what they are doing. I paid $130 for an hour and you can ski as much as you wish. We where 8 and we all skied.

This place is really great for skiing and an excellent plan for a day.

I really recommend LTS if you want to learn how to water ski, improve your skills or just have a blast tubbing.

Visited August 2012