“Loved this place! Very nice location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort

You added Shores Resort to your Saves list
Shores Resort
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   811 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Shores Terrace Efficiencies Motel)   |
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Loved this place! Very nice location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My friends and I stayed at the motel for two weeks and we loved it! It is close to restaurants and malls. The location is beautiful right across the street from the beach and the pool was very big. The room service was great and the room was big and comfortable. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edgewater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked 2 days and stayed for 4. Location was great and room was very comfortable. I would absolutely go back. A true gem, not all new and fancy but clean and comfortable. Choice of 2 pools, heated and not. Kitchen availability made us able to save money on food and et what we want. Frige was clean and cold.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

My boy friend and I traveled to pompano beach on our way to Orlando . We had the option of staying in those high rise hotels $$$$ or at one of the old style motels . We found shores resort was in between the 2 options .
Parking : was free and there was plenty
wifi: Free
Room : was clean and had a kitchen !!!
staff: very nice
Beach : Quiet and romantic :)
Area: 1 tiki bar down the street. Several restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute walk .

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

we stayed here for 9 nights in March . The studio was great. The kitchen had granite top and contained everything we needed to cook . We had a sleeping sofa for out son . The unit was Very clean and the motel is perfectly located across the street from the ocean . We had a flat tv , wifi and phone in unit. We looked around before renting and by far this place is the best value.

Room Tip: 1 BR apt are spacious .
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

I stayed at the motel side (the side with the office) in room 19. So my room was DIRECTLY on top of the office, facing the east sun. I stayed over the college spring break period 3/19 to 3/22.

Pros
Nice space. Fridge and microwave in kitchen. Big closet. Usable good kitchen. Kitchen comes with most equipment. If you can not find kitchen stuff you need, there is a pantry next to my room with more stuff. Clean bedding and room. Nice and cool. Quiet. All furniture is kept clean. Checked in the closet and under the bed, no bugs or rat poop. AC is cool enough for the room. The employees are INCREDIBLY friendly. Very interested in keeping you happy. wifi strength was excellent and free. There is an entrance to the beach right across from the motel. Walkable distance to the nearest supermarket and my bf's grandmas place. They let me check in early (like 3 hours early) once i had called them and asked them about it. They also let me check out late (they didnt specify when I should check out). I just checked out an hour and a half later.

Cons
AC temperature goes up, not down. Had to get them to put it back down, but it still doesnt go down. Fridge is NOT cool at all. Freezer is freezing but not the fridge. The stick of butter I got was still soft in the fridge. i think my sugar cane juice may have gone sour because of that reason. some fine touches needed to be done. the wall outlet behind the bed is kind of dented in so charging my phone was kind of hinky. i have a 10 ft cable so i just plugged the bed side lamp into the dented plug and charged with the good plug. the outlet plate for tv cable was coming off the wall. that can be easily fixed. i didnt try the tv so i dont know if it had any problems. it just looks unfinished but i'm not super critical. plus i didn't bring it to their attention. the bathroom was my biggest problem. there were cracks/holes in the tiles where the shower faucet's wall was. the faucet was a plastic knob and the interior had grown some type of green mold/ algae type thing. it was gross. i called their attention to it the faucet when i asked them to fix my ac. they fixed my ac, cleaned the faucet knob, and filled in the cracks (which i didnt mention). I feel like if i had mentioned any of these problems, they would have fixed it. I just think it's a matter of house keeping telling them. Their patio and bbq area is very nice, shady, and breezy. The tables are very pretty.

Neutral
Shower, no tub. Doesnt bother me. No baking trays, I was making cookies so I grabbed the public aluminum foil and cool trays and made them into baking trays. Shades dont block out morning sunlight. I woke up naturally from the sunlight but if you want to sleep in, it might bother you. They don't clean your room or change towels unless you ask, I'm super eco friendly so I preferred it. They did knock on my door asking if I wanted it but I said no. my first morning there, i got woken up by super loud birds chirping/singing outside my window, but the hotel cant control that. i didnt really mind that much. there is a motel and a resort side. they look the same. they're run by the same office. the office is at the motel side. i think the resort is newer. their rooms look bigger from the outside but i can't tell. Most of the ppl staying there were elderly or older couples so it was fairly quiet. No families except one with a teenager when I went.

All in all, i really enjoyed my stay. shared my cookies with them haha. I would totally go back.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
apple valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

Stayed there last week and it was gross. Upon entering our room it was smelly and dirty. There were ants in the cupboards and our neighbors downstairs saw cockroaches in their unit. We requested the room to be cleaned and they were right on top of it.
Be careful...all of the pictures of this place (pool, rooms, etc) are of the main building (North side of the street), the south building that we stayed in was old and outdated. The pool area wasn't inviting (the chairs were cheap plastic Walmart quality...cracked and dirty), the charcoal grill was old and filthy and had cigarette buts in it. The A/C unit in our room was loud and smelled like it needed a good cleaning. If you have kids, stay somewhere else...it does not feel very safe.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

we stayed here for few nights before going to the caribbean cruise . THe room was very clean . THe bed and bedding were relatively new and the staff was super nice ! We enjoyed the beach across the strees and the pool on site . We grilled every night by the pool and made few european and canadian friends. We hope to come back next year for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: 1 BR apts are soacious
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Shores Resort? Share your experiences!