“Cant wait to be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Terrace Resort

You added Shores Terrace Resort to your Saves list
Shores Terrace Resort
819 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Shores Terrace Efficiencies Motel)   |
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Cant wait to be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had a great with my kids (: the place had all tourist families and the staff was very helpful and friendly. loved its location that was right by the beach and the Heated pool! best place in pompano beach for the location and price. Cant wait to be back (:
Jen D.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at the Shores Terrace Motel while I was on vacation. I had a great time - Excellent location, Just step from the beach. Room was clean, was suprised to see the room came with a full kitchen. The staff are friendly and nice. The manager was very pleasant. Pet friendly motel, so I was able to take my puppy with me and enjoyed the time I stay at Shores Terrace. I will go again.

Panamericangirl (E)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I’ve stayed at Shores three times in the past year, and recommended it to friends who also enjoyed their stay. After reading what some people wrote, I wish I would have written a review sooner.
I’ve relocated to the area. I was glad to find a centrally located place to stay during the transition.
My first stay there was for 3 nights. The price was the cheapest around, so I wasn’t expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised with my room. The efficiency had a full kitchen with microwave and coffee pot. The bathroom was small but clean. The staff was friendly and gave me directions to nearby stores and restaurants. The place isn’t “five star”, but I was impressed enough to return with my family a couple weeks later.
We stayed in the building across the street. It’s definitely older, but the rooms accommodate a family. We planned on staying one week, but extended our stay an extra week because we were enjoying the beach too much to leave. Anything we asked for was done in a reasonable amount of time. Our “neighbors” were friendly. There was a couple next door staying while their home was being renovated. There were no “shady” characters knocking on our doors or hanging around the place. The neighborhood is quiet.
If there’s anything the owners could do to make the place better, I would say paint the walls. The place is old Florida. A coat of fresh paint would remove the “dingy” feel.

Room Tip: Every room is different.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have debated about writing a review of this 'motel', and I finally caved and I am doing one.
My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night only back in August 2012. We were in Room 1 and when we were getting ready for bed we smelled urine. We walked over to the bed and smelled it and it was coming from that area. at first we thought maybe a babies diaper was under the bed. There was nothing. It was the mattress itself! We pulled back the covers and were shocked to see a large stain. The smell was even worse then. We packed up and left and never looked back. As we are planning our next trip to Pompano Beach, we thought we better say something. It was the most disgusting thing we have ever encountered!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

stayed there for two weeks during the holidays. very friendly very quiet
our room had new kitchen well renovated and comfortable! great location right by the beach even though there was a beautiful heated pool . We've been to other motels in the area but none of them were as clean or safe.
would recommend to family or couples looking to spend a nice vacation.
Jacob.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last year and thought it was great. This year however was very different to say the least ! They put us in a room across the street which the owner had just purchased and they were working on fixing it up. We figured we would put up with the constant noise,power washing and painting outside our door. We even had to walk through paint chips ! My husband was grabbing the broom and sweeping the stuff from our doorway. Then after a few nights, the exterminator came by and sprayed the rooms all around us and BAM ! we ended up with cockroaches in our room. We got out as fast as they came in. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Hopefully they have cleaned the place up but from other reviews it doesn't seem like it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was the worse place we have ever stayed! We are retired military and have been to a lot of places. We reserved a one bedroom apt. Thru hotels.com. The pictures online are very deceiving! We booked for two adults and our teenage son. Their we're no sheets for our sons sofa sleeper. We were left two towels and two washcloths for three people. As it turns out everything was so filthy we did not sleep. We arrived at 11:30 pm after working all day and then driving 5 hrs. We sat around and discussed we were glad we didn't bring our poodles they would have been really disgusted. We were in town for a funeral, so as soon as daylight broke we dressed for the funeral, (without showers because the shower was so filthy) packed our car
And fled the premises! We returned after the funeral to try and get our money back. The owners son was behind the desk and said he could do nothing and we would have to contact hotels.com for a refund. We had booked fri and sat nite but had to find another hotel for sat night. By the way the son would not even tell his dad,s name for our records. This was the most unprofessional place ever!!:( I know a lot of people don,t read the comments when they book a room, I will never that mistake again! We will also post an unfavorable comment on hotels.com if they do nothing about this, we suggested that they drop this hotel but their answer was please write a comment. This whole ordeal left us disgusted in Pompano Beach!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Shores Terrace Resort? Share your experiences!