“Happy Repeat Customer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort

You added Shores Resort to your Saves list
Shores Resort
811 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Shores Terrace Efficiencies Motel)   |
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
“Happy Repeat Customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I’ve stayed at Shores three times in the past year, and recommended it to friends who also enjoyed their stay. After reading what some people wrote, I wish I would have written a review sooner.
I’ve relocated to the area. I was glad to find a centrally located place to stay during the transition.
My first stay there was for 3 nights. The price was the cheapest around, so I wasn’t expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised with my room. The efficiency had a full kitchen with microwave and coffee pot. The bathroom was small but clean. The staff was friendly and gave me directions to nearby stores and restaurants. The place isn’t “five star”, but I was impressed enough to return with my family a couple weeks later.
We stayed in the building across the street. It’s definitely older, but the rooms accommodate a family. We planned on staying one week, but extended our stay an extra week because we were enjoying the beach too much to leave. Anything we asked for was done in a reasonable amount of time. Our “neighbors” were friendly. There was a couple next door staying while their home was being renovated. There were no “shady” characters knocking on our doors or hanging around the place. The neighborhood is quiet.
If there’s anything the owners could do to make the place better, I would say paint the walls. The place is old Florida. A coat of fresh paint would remove the “dingy” feel.

Room Tip: Every room is different.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
shoresterrace, Manager at Shores Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Shores terrace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have debated about writing a review of this 'motel', and I finally caved and I am doing one.
My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night only back in August 2012. We were in Room 1 and when we were getting ready for bed we smelled urine. We walked over to the bed and smelled it and it was coming from that area. at first we thought maybe a babies diaper was under the bed. There was nothing. It was the mattress itself! We pulled back the covers and were shocked to see a large stain. The smell was even worse then. We packed up and left and never looked back. As we are planning our next trip to Pompano Beach, we thought we better say something. It was the most disgusting thing we have ever encountered!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

stayed there for two weeks during the holidays. very friendly very quiet
our room had new kitchen well renovated and comfortable! great location right by the beach even though there was a beautiful heated pool . We've been to other motels in the area but none of them were as clean or safe.
would recommend to family or couples looking to spend a nice vacation.
Jacob.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last year and thought it was great. This year however was very different to say the least ! They put us in a room across the street which the owner had just purchased and they were working on fixing it up. We figured we would put up with the constant noise,power washing and painting outside our door. We even had to walk through paint chips ! My husband was grabbing the broom and sweeping the stuff from our doorway. Then after a few nights, the exterminator came by and sprayed the rooms all around us and BAM ! we ended up with cockroaches in our room. We got out as fast as they came in. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Hopefully they have cleaned the place up but from other reviews it doesn't seem like it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Coral Gables, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I saw this place advertised on Craigslist and decided it was close to the ocean and the rates were reasonable. After I checked in I realized why the rates were reasonable. The room was dumpy, the service was just okay, the free internet service was not working most of the time and it attracted a seedy crowd. I would not recommend this place to families with kids; actually, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms at another motel would be the best thing you should do.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Astoria, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Came to visit a friend, location is right across the street from the beach, went fishing, had a great time...nice staff & pool was great. Had a BBQ in the patio area, drove 22 hr's each way & would do it again! Lots of things to do in the area, didn't get to do them all due to lack of time, but very nice staff, clean establishment, ample parking lot...no noise at night, slept like a baby! Would like to come back very soon

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We were in Florida to visit our son and have some down time on a limited budget. The price at Terrace Shores was on the mark. Clean comfortable bed, and close to everything we needed. What made our stay were the owners and the other visitors. It we needed something all we had to do was ask, Nazzi and Josie went out of their way to make us comfortable. We had a great time with the other visitors, they were fun to visit with and very respectful. It is not the Hilton, but my husband and I had a relaxing time and we made some new friends. We have already decided we will stay there the next time we visit our son.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello
, Thank you for taking the time to write this review . We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Shores ! We promise to always provide our customers with a great lodging experience .Hope to see you in the future in Pompano beach .
Shores terrace

Been to Shores Resort? Share your experiences!