“Would go again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Terrace Resort

Save Saved
You added Shores Terrace Resort to your Saves list
Shores Terrace Resort
819 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Shores Terrace Efficiencies Motel)   |
Seattle
“Would go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

stayed there for two weeks during the holidays. very friendly very quiet
our room had new kitchen well renovated and comfortable! great location right by the beach even though there was a beautiful heated pool . We've been to other motels in the area but none of them were as clean or safe.
would recommend to family or couples looking to spend a nice vacation.
Jacob.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last year and thought it was great. This year however was very different to say the least ! They put us in a room across the street which the owner had just purchased and they were working on fixing it up. We figured we would put up with the constant noise,power washing and painting outside our door. We even had to walk through paint chips ! My husband was grabbing the broom and sweeping the stuff from our doorway. Then after a few nights, the exterminator came by and sprayed the rooms all around us and BAM ! we ended up with cockroaches in our room. We got out as fast as they came in. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Hopefully they have cleaned the place up but from other reviews it doesn't seem like it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel was the worse place we have ever stayed! We are retired military and have been to a lot of places. We reserved a one bedroom apt. Thru hotels.com. The pictures online are very deceiving! We booked for two adults and our teenage son. Their we're no sheets for our sons sofa sleeper. We were left two towels and two washcloths for three people. As it turns out everything was so filthy we did not sleep. We arrived at 11:30 pm after working all day and then driving 5 hrs. We sat around and discussed we were glad we didn't bring our poodles they would have been really disgusted. We were in town for a funeral, so as soon as daylight broke we dressed for the funeral, (without showers because the shower was so filthy) packed our car
And fled the premises! We returned after the funeral to try and get our money back. The owners son was behind the desk and said he could do nothing and we would have to contact hotels.com for a refund. We had booked fri and sat nite but had to find another hotel for sat night. By the way the son would not even tell his dad,s name for our records. This was the most unprofessional place ever!!:( I know a lot of people don,t read the comments when they book a room, I will never that mistake again! We will also post an unfavorable comment on hotels.com if they do nothing about this, we suggested that they drop this hotel but their answer was please write a comment. This whole ordeal left us disgusted in Pompano Beach!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Coral Gables, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I saw this place advertised on Craigslist and decided it was close to the ocean and the rates were reasonable. After I checked in I realized why the rates were reasonable. The room was dumpy, the service was just okay, the free internet service was not working most of the time and it attracted a seedy crowd. I would not recommend this place to families with kids; actually, I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms at another motel would be the best thing you should do.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Astoria, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Came to visit a friend, location is right across the street from the beach, went fishing, had a great time...nice staff & pool was great. Had a BBQ in the patio area, drove 22 hr's each way & would do it again! Lots of things to do in the area, didn't get to do them all due to lack of time, but very nice staff, clean establishment, ample parking lot...no noise at night, slept like a baby! Would like to come back very soon

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place for a lack of a better term, is an outhouse with indoor plumbing. They posted a Craigslist add for 270 a week a room. When I got there the guy Nadjil who owned the joint tells me 300. I said your Craigslist ad said 270, he says plus tax... SCAM! Went to see it and he showed me a room and thought, well it ain't The Ritz but all right. When I showed up for check in at 900am ( I told they lady at the desk I had work that day and she said it would'nt be a problem when I gave her the deposit) Nobody was there. Waited by the pool for an hour before the Nadji guy shows up and tells me I can't check in til after 2. SO I told him I had to work and that I would be back at 730pm when I got off. He left the keys in the room and the room wide open with a note telling me he did this on the office door! Customer Service? FAIL! Here's where it gets shifty, the guy owns 2 buildings, one on the North Side of the street, one on the South side. The rooms he puts on his website and showed me in advance was in the building on the north. He checked me in to the building on the south! I know it aint the Hyatt but really? This room looks like some of the places we saw in Baghdad, after we bombed the hell out of it. I asked him to move me and he tells me, next week!!! Again, FAIL! I was prepared to stay here until July 1st! If you get locked out of your room your screwed. You need any help after 5pm your screwed.Basically a dirty little crack shack complete with crackhead neighbors who toss there empty crack baggies out there window and on to your patio! That was really nice to see first thing in the morning when I stepped out on the patio to have my coffee and cigarette. We wont even talk about the back of the place which is littered with rusted out appliances, lumber and even a sink! Or the crackheads living there that will knock on your door for everything from asking to use your phone to if you can bum them a cigarette. The rooms are furnished with furniture that looks and smells like they were purchased at a yard sale. Housekeeping? HA. Silly woman came into my room, didn't clean and took all my towels and didn't leave me any new ones. When I asked her for some she gave me a bunch of what appeared to be 5 year old hand towels. GROSS! You want my advice? Rent someones garage for a few days, your stay will have better amenities and customer service. I've seen caves in Afghanistan there were cozier. My rating. Biggest dump I've ever stayed at! And Ive stayed in some nasty joints!

Room Tip: Demand to be booked in a room on the north building. The south building is horrible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We were in Florida to visit our son and have some down time on a limited budget. The price at Terrace Shores was on the mark. Clean comfortable bed, and close to everything we needed. What made our stay were the owners and the other visitors. It we needed something all we had to do was ask, Nazzi and Josie went out of their way to make us comfortable. We had a great time with the other visitors, they were fun to visit with and very respectful. It is not the Hilton, but my husband and I had a relaxing time and we made some new friends. We have already decided we will stay there the next time we visit our son.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shores Terrace Resort? Share your experiences!