“Last night in Florida was excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Cove Motel
213 South Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Aurora, Illinois
“Last night in Florida was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Sea Cove fits very good for this little charming motel as you feel immediately removed from the buzz of town when you enter the gate. If you love the latest interior design and flatscreen TVs are a must then this is NOT for you, but if you like a charming and clean place then you will love it. The space you get for the money is also excellent and if you are looking for a holiday on a budget where you can still cook in your room then look no further.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my 2 small children. Perfect convenient location, across the street from the beach. Publix grocery store and walgreens just a couple minutes away. We stayed in room 22, with a full kitchen, had everything we needed. Nice quiet little spot. The pool is beautiful and there is very cool landscaping. A neat tropical theme with all sorts of cool plants to enjoy. The price was very reasonable. The owners live on site and we felt safe and all needs were met. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

First two times I stayed were great.
This last time. Roaches ruled and so did the new permanent resident downstairs, who complained about the noise from my 18 month old Grandaughter.
They had only stopped by for a 15 minute visit.
We were asked if "We could quiet her down"
After a few other words from the rude Owners we asked to leave and checked out promptly.
We realized we could'nt stay and live our vacation in silence.
We had to pick up and leave quickly they said at 9:30 pm.
I was surprised at the lack of cleanliness and the presence of cock roaches while we were loading the cabiners.
We were only there for 5 hrs. But it was absolutly horrible.

So if you need a place to stay run far away if you see that Sea Cove Sign Flickering.
Disgusting!!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Crescent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The wife of this hotel is very rude and should not own a busy at all. My family and I (6total ) booked a 2 bed w/foldout couch. When I booked the room it asked for how many adults...so I called and spoke to her and told her there was also 4 kids she proceeded to say that was fine bc the room would accommodate all 6 of us. When we showed up at 1:30am she answered the door in her pajamas was very mad that we woke her up and told us that we could not stay there bc they room she put our reservations in was not big enough. And then denies ever speaking to me 8 days prior to this. So I had 4 kids asleep in the vehicle and had to find a different hotel. After searching and searching we finally found a room by then it was 3:30am when our kids finally got in a bed to sleep in. Then to top it off she charged my credit card for the room. The lady seems very nice on the phone but in person is the worst people person I have ever met. I do not advise staying in this hotel. Like I said I would rather stay in a roach motel with great costumer service and the nicest people running it then having to deal with her again!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I like to travel for up to a month at a time when I travel and so I look for a reasonable price on a one bedroom suite somewhere. This year when I decided to go to Pompano Beach, Florida I looked at all the options and found them outside my price range... except for a quiet little motel on South Ocean Blvd, just two blocks below Atlantic known as the Sea Cove Motel.

To my liking, the rate was right, the reviews from those who stayed there were good, and so I decided that even though I haven't stayed in a motel in Florida for decades, having always preferred name chain hotels or condo rental, I would give this place a try.

Well suffice it to say I am so happy I did..... on entering the One Bedroom suite, even though I knew it was an older 80's decor from having read other reviews, the WOW! factor was there... It is a real apartment.. not just a bedroom and living room separated by a screen or a door... but a real aparment.. huge kitchen with dining table, nice size living room, hallway leading to bedroom and bathroom... ample closet space, both walk-ins... and two entrances to the unit... An added plus was the semi private patio off the living room with lounge chairs and patio table, umbrella, etc...

The place was very clean... and the mattress on the bed I used (two in the bedroom) was so comfortable I just fell asleep each night the minute my head hit the pillow and I slept right through the nights...

The televisions of which there are two, one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom, were the older tube style... probably would have liked the newer flatscreens, but these were fine... good cable coverage.

The wifi was fine.... despite what the website said, the wifi was available in my unit. It worked well and was blazing fast!!

The ONLY difficulty was the water pressure and mostly the hot water pressure which was an issue at certain times of day... but you know... in Fla a lot of motels have the problem so I wasn't about to fault this motel... especially not with everything else being offered at such a reasonable price.

The management were very friendly once we established a comfort level,and extremely helpful..
I also loved the fact that everything was included in the price ..... except food... :-)

If you are looking for a truly relaxing place to stay and you don't mind 80's Fla decor (which I enjoyed), at a reasonable price then this is the place to stay.... assuming you can find a vacancy... it is practically full all the time.

My thank you to the management.... I will return on future visits... if I can find a vacancy.. :-)

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are nice, but I loved the one bedroom unit with it's own patio, and I...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for three days. It was quiet and clean. The motel is on the older side but everyone was very nice and I had no problems. I would certainly stay here again! And its right next to the beach!

• Stayed March 2014
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

When I originally booked our room I was planning on being in Pompano Beach for three nights. Due to unforseen events on our vacation, we only needed the room for one night. When we arrived to check in I attempted to explain to the female owner that we only needed to stay for one night because we had to return home the next day. She began yelling at me and telling me how rude I was for not calling earlier to tell her I only needed the room for one night (we didn't plan on cutting our vacation short). She said that I would never be allowed to return to her hotel and that I cost her money (people aren't exactly breaking down the door to stay at this janky dump). She b*****ed for 15 minutes about how rude I was and repeatedly said, in her horrible broken english, that I'd never be allowed back at her hotel. My boyfriend stepped in to try to calm her down and smooth the situation over which enraged her more. She told us she was refusing to let us stay at the hotel and to get off her property immediately. She even opened my aunt's wallet (that was on the counter and who had already paid for the room) and snatched the receipt out of it and began yelling at us to get off her property or she would call the police. Dumbfounded we left and went across the street to the Budget Inn. They were very polite and apologetic for our experience but informed us that they receive about 30 guests a month who this ignorant, horrible, rude woman turns away from her hotel. I have NEVER been talked to the way this woman berated me (and I'm a police officer who has dealt with some pretty difficult people) and I can't believe she stays in business with her HORRIBLY RUDE attitude.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Cove Motel? Share your experiences!