“Good Place!” 4 of 5 stars

213 South Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Good Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed there for three days. It was quiet and clean. The motel is on the older side but everyone was very nice and I had no problems. I would certainly stay here again! And its right next to the beach!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

When I originally booked our room I was planning on being in Pompano Beach for three nights. Due to unforseen events on our vacation, we only needed the room for one night. When we arrived to check in I attempted to explain to the female owner that we only needed to stay for one night because we had to return home the next day. She began yelling at me and telling me how rude I was for not calling earlier to tell her I only needed the room for one night (we didn't plan on cutting our vacation short). She said that I would never be allowed to return to her hotel and that I cost her money (people aren't exactly breaking down the door to stay at this janky dump). She b*****ed for 15 minutes about how rude I was and repeatedly said, in her horrible broken english, that I'd never be allowed back at her hotel. My boyfriend stepped in to try to calm her down and smooth the situation over which enraged her more. She told us she was refusing to let us stay at the hotel and to get off her property immediately. She even opened my aunt's wallet (that was on the counter and who had already paid for the room) and snatched the receipt out of it and began yelling at us to get off her property or she would call the police. Dumbfounded we left and went across the street to the Budget Inn. They were very polite and apologetic for our experience but informed us that they receive about 30 guests a month who this ignorant, horrible, rude woman turns away from her hotel. I have NEVER been talked to the way this woman berated me (and I'm a police officer who has dealt with some pretty difficult people) and I can't believe she stays in business with her HORRIBLY RUDE attitude.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

In the process of moving to Fort Lauderdale from London, I had a wonderful stay at the Sea Cove Motel. It was an ideal central location giving me the opportunity to discover the region, reaching from Fort Lauderdale to Boca Raton. Originally planned to stay only from January 7th to 14th, I extended my stay to the 19th because I could not find another place for such a good price in such a great location (so close to the beach). The rooms (apartments) I stayed in were clean and have kitchens. The couple that runs the Sea Cove Motel is wonderful. Made my move to Fort Lauderdale a whole lot more relaxing, thank you

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I were visiting my brother and we booked 3 nights at the Sea Cove Motel.
It was very reasonable and the place is older but charming. We ended up staying another night.
We booked the larger room with a nice patio and the gardens were incredible. The last night we got a smaller room that still had a full kitchen and dressing room(cute).
The owners were so pleasant and made us feel at home and the place was immaculate!
Short walk to the beach, Walgreens and restaurants
We will be returning in a few months..

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are larger and the one we had had a patio smaller rooms are still nice an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
nottingham uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The motel was very clean and the maid service was very good . The owners were very pleasant and always had time to stop and chat or give us local knowledge. on learning of our 50th wedding anniversary the lady bought my wife a beautiful orchid [we are "regular" customers [going each year] close to the beach and close to the Irish pub! great stay we have booked for next year!
we live in england and sometimes arrive late but our room is always ready with the air cond on.
nice people!!

Room Tip: Room 27 is good nice kitchen
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lady Lake, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I rented two apartments; one for us and one for our daughter and her family. We were planning a weekend getaway at the beach. We made the arrangements via Booking.com.
CHECK-IN: We experienced a few problems at check-in. Booking.com says that the motel accepts American Express- it doesn´t. Secondly, the King bedroom we had requested was already rented. Although we knew that requests may not be fulfilled, the owner said that we could have the King bedroom the next day after the renters left. In the meantime, we had a bedroom with 2 double beds. The next day we moved into the King bedroom which was spacious.
MOTEL PROPERTY: The motel is a group of older buildings with no elevator. This motel is not equipped to accommodate handicapped people. The grounds feature every type of tropical flower and palm tree which makes the grounds look like a jungle oasis. The pool was clean and refreshing. The owner made sure that there were plenty of towels available for use at the pool, the beach, or our rooms. There were small alcoves on the grounds where guests can leisurely sit at a patio table under an umbrella and enjoy the day. Please note that the motel is located directly on A1A. Make sure to cross the street at the crosswalk in order to avoid speeding motorists. The beach is approx. 1 block away. Approx. 3 blocks away are a number of children´s playgrounds including a small wáter park. One night, the city presented a children´s movie projected on a huge blowup screen. Pompano´s city pier is in this area also. There is not a lot of restaurants in this area, however. The local grocery store is within ¼ mile.
UNIT DESCRIPTION: Our unit featured a King bed, full kitchen, and outdoor patio. The bed was extremely comfortable. There were plenty of extra pillows and blankets stored in the closet. The kitchen was full-equipped and I have no doubt that the owner would have supplied anything we asked for. There were even a few condiments available for our use. The AC and the cable TV worked great.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: In our unit, the microwave oven did not work and the hot wáter was intermittent. The WiFi connection would fail periodically so we quit trying to access our email. The grounds, although beautiful, needs a little work. We saw the owners working on the property every day so I am sure that once the rain subsided, the grass would be cut and the bushes cut back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Yes, the location is convenient and you would get a good value for the price BUT what good is that when the owners are rude and makes you uncomfortable? We were totally insulted by the very racist comments made my the woman. We will never go back or recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends