“Mid-day specials” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 310 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Pompano Beach
“Mid-day specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great value. I like prime rib (particualrly if you can get the special) and oriental chicken salad. I like sitting in the bar/mezzanine area as it's quieter. Only disappointment is that they don't allow pets in the outside dining area (service animals only). Between 2 & 5PM, they have midday specials with smaller portions of their most popular dinners. Great for seniors wo tend to eat earlier in the day and don't need large portions.
Another disappointment was their brucn which was unimpressive. Stick to main menu items. Sorry, but otherwise, restaurant is GREAT!

silver springs
“Hawaiian Ribeye!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I were visiting family in the area and we'd heard about JMarks here and there so we gave it a shot! So glad we did-the restaurant was busy and had a great ambiance. Our server had great energy and the service was spot on. My husband wont stop talking about the hawaiian ribeye. He says it s the best ribeye he's ever had. We both loved the sweet potato fries, it was our first time with those. We will definitely return next time we are back!

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Best Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the time we were seated til the time we left our dining experience was very delightful.
The service was great; the food fantastic and it was priced pretty fare for the porrtions. We went ther for our 45th anniversary ansd we were not disappointed. WE ate out every night while we were in Pompano Beach and this was the highlight of our meals. I wish we had gone sooner so we could have gone again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“This is it...if you are looking for excellence, that is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had never eaten at a restaurant in north Broward county before and so I solicited recommendations. Except for one, each number I called was either disconnected or the person who answered was not as professional as I expected. For my last choice, I decided to visit Trip Advisor and quickly read the title of the reviews since I was rushing out to lunch. After reading the title of the reviews for J Marks, I was sold.
I just got back from lunch. I ordered the Baja Chicken Sandwich and chose broccoli instead of fries. I requested ketchup on the side. My friend ordered the Half a Sandwich and Soup (clam chowder I believe) and sangria.
When my sandwich arrived, I immediately tasted the chicken. Suffice to say, the ketchup was a waste. Absolutely no need to spoil such an exquisite sandwich with ketchup. The broccoli was baste in butter and it was a bit salty. However, the texture was great. I ate it and did not complain to waiter. If you request broccoli on the side and are on a low sodium diet, I would strongly recommend that you have them withhold the very tasty salted butter. The size of my friend's 1/2 sandwich was just right for lunch. Excellent taste. The soup was rich and thick and not very salty.
Louis waited on us and he was professional. I am sure he was shocked when he saw the tip (4 times what it would normally be). He earned every bit of it.
The ambiance is..romantic, is how I would describe it. Soft lighting, so make sure you have your reading glasses. The room was not too cold in temperature. The restrooms are clean.

I would definitely agree with the review that stated, do not waste your time "running up and down Federal" Highway. Whether you are dining with friends, family, business associates, or spouse...THIS IS IT.

“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food was excellent and the atmosphere was romantic for us being 50+!! It was our date night and everything was great!
We will definitely be going back.

Visited August 2013