“Lots of Choices - Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 296 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Lots of Choices - Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Try the bone - in ribeye. It melts in your mouth even when cooked medium well. What great food and exceptional service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Mixed Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been to J Marks a few times. The first time I went, I ordered (and fell in love with) their Veggie Lover's Pasta. It's full of flavor and consistently delicious. My husband, however has tried several different entrees - ribs, fish & chips, burgers - and he has never been overly impressed with anything that he has ordered. I guess it all depends on what you like. The atmosphere is very nice and we've always had good service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Parkland, Florida
“Horrible food and service!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently visited this restaurant as it was suggested by a coworker. I reserved a table online for the patio area three weeks before our gathering for a large group. I got an email confirmation that we would be accommodated. Two days before our dinner rendezvous, I decided to call to confirm again and was told the restaurant had no record of the reservation. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted! The man who answered the phone stated his name was Ariel and he was one of the owners. He was very apologetic and told me he would personally arrange an area inside for my group and to ask for him when I arrived at the restaurant, assuring he would take care of my issue personally. I followed his instructions and upon arrival requested to speak with him. As I write this review, I have yet to meet or speak with Ariel?! This was one of the most unprofessional experiences I have ever had in what is supposed to be un upscale restaurant. Some members of my group decided they did not want to eat at this property and left! We were a group of mixed ethnicities, African American, Latino, and Caribbean. We got the distinct impression that we were not welcome and that is unacceptable. I will never return to this establishment and by the way, the food was horrible! If you can't serve a properly prepared Lobster, you should cease to bill yourself as a seafood restaurant. I implore readers to NOT patronize this establishment!!! Let's hit them in the pocket where it impacts the most!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“NOISY - NOISY - NOISY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fine dining it's not. Good service for average food. In fact it was so noisy that we ate in a hurry just to get out of there. We asked if it's always this noisy. "Pretty much" was her response.

Visited April 2013
toronto
“Great ambiance and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My friends and I try to eat here every time we visit The area as the food is always great as are
The staff. The patio area is great fun on a warm evening with a group of friends as well. We
Have tried a few menu items and everything has been tasty, especially the beef sliders and
My favourite the Walnut Shrimp. Fun spot after a day of shopping at the Pompano Centre.

• Visited April 2013