You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Pleasant Grove, Utah
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We enjoyed tihs hotel. The rooms are quite large. My husband and I stayed with our two teenage sons. There is a large bathroom with a jet tub and counter, a small separate shower and toilet room. The entrance to the rooms is outside (seems to be common with all hotels in area) and the rooms spans the entire length of the building so there are large windows on the opposite end of the entrance. We had a good view of the beach as it looked all rooms did. There are some rooms on the beach end that would have had a fabulous view. The kitchenette was nice with a full sized fridge, dishes, sink etc. The beds were comfortable, the room attractive. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast but it did seem a little messy. There were alot of people there and probably hard to keep up. We were still glad to have it. The pool area was nice and you are actually "on" the beach as opposed to most hotels in Ft. Lauderdale where you have to walk across the street to get to the beach. The beach was also not overcrowded which was nice. You can rent umbrella's for $10/day and they will bring you complimentary lounges. Quite a few seashells to find on the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Evette A,

We are so appreciative of your kind review. It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our spacious well equipped suite and wonderful location. Your remarks serve as encouragement to our associates who strive to provide a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please visit us upon your return to the area.

Tom Hastings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hotel overall rating is 3.5 to 4, good location; room was large with two queen size beds, living area, kitchen,had the necessary pots/pans dishes etc for 4 including large fridge and dishwasher; Washer and Dryer also located in large bathroom a bonus to have for long stays and for a family of 4. Friendly staff everywhere :), always smiling and Happy to help. Good buffet breakfast choices; free wif-fi, two pools to chose from and 1 hot-tub and hotel is beachfront. Towels are offered for free for poolside or Beach, but pick them up early since they go fast. Pets are allowed see Inn for restrictions and the Inn also has a section to walk your pets. Salon/Spa is worth a visit, Melissa was Faboulous!!!

The biggest con I have is the small airplane that would pass over the Residence Inn pool every 5 mins...It would do circles over the Inn area, disturb any conversation you would be having or your naps lol. This would start anywhere after 10am to about 4pm. Obviously some aviation training school. Noisy engine would not allow for guests to get that extra relaxation niche vacationers search for.

Other cons are valet parking, I would prefer to park my own car even if I have to walk to the other lot. Although the valet parkers were very friendly. Housekeeping missed cleaning 3 days out of our 14 day stay, in all 3 instances front desk was informed upon our return and fresh towels or garbage was removed. Again Staff was very friendly and quick to respond...otherwise the room was cleaned and sheets were changed twice a week. I figured just an oversight, no big deal since we always left our beds made before leaving for breakfast.

As for the Beach, chairs and umbrellas can be rented for the week or Target is near by and you can purchase chairs for as low as 8$-10$ each. Also, be careful with young children going into the ocean, since its not a gradual decent, but sometimes a straight drop into the water eg: sometimes water was below our knees to immediately over hips....watch your step!

Lots of activities to do if you have a car around the area and tons of Shopping can be done at Sawgrass.... A nice vacation, and my teenagers enjoyed it!

Room Tip: You can see the beach from all rooms. Its a side view of ocean its not oceanfront.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while visiting the beach. I’m pleased to hear we were well suited for your family travels. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. We hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Agree w/prior reviewer that this hotel does NOT meet Marriott standard. I stayed at the Residence Inn-Amelia Island last summer and based on the pristine appearance of that facility and my wonderful overall experience there, I fell in love with the Residence Inn line, and thought I'd make it my "go to" choice for extended stays.

The issues w/the Pompano Beach property start in the lobby. First impressions matter, so you would think they would at the very least invest in having a visibly appealing lobby. On the contrary, their lobby has visibly worn carpet and Chairs with worn cushions, that sagged in some places and had visible stains. The stained seats are particularly off putting when sitting down to eat the Bfast buffet.

My room was clean, but more of the same. The couch/chairs were clean but visibly worrn. The stove had 2 burners. Supplies were 2 pots--no skillet nor saucepan of any kind. I didn't plan to cook an elaborate meal, but a standard pan of any kind would've been helpful.

The tub had clearly been cleaned, but was still showed what appeared to be permanent stains. My thought upon seeing it was that I would NOT be taking a bath. The grout in the shower was dingy and in need of re-grouting.

On a Positive Note ---the staff was very friendly and helpful. No complaints about any of them. Additionally, the view from my room was amazing. I was on the 6th Floor and my view was the one highlight of the hotel. But overall, I was disappointed enough in the substandard upkeep of the property that I cut my 5 day stay to 3 and moved to an entirely different non-Marriott Property.

I would not stay at this property again, NOR would I recommend it to anyone who has stayed at a newer or higher end Residence Inn in the past and expects a comparable experience.

One final word of caution for travelers who may not be familiar with the different beaches in different parts of Florida: The water in the website photo must be photoshopped or altered in some fashion as the water around the hotel looks NOTHING like that picture. Not even remotely close!!!!

Everything in that picture is photographically accurate except for the water. The picture shows clear greenish/blue water. The actual water is so dark and murky that even wading into it ankle deep I could barely see my feet. This is typical further north up the Atlantic coast. I'm not from Floriday, so based on the website photo, I thought that perhaps Pompano Beach was far enough south to have clearer waters--sadly it does not. The picture is deceptive. I had to go to Miami-South Beach (27 miles south of Pompano) to see the greenish/blue water pictured in the website photo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you acknowledging our ocean views, clean rooms, and most importantly friendly staff. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you've come to expect from us. Your valuable feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and continually improve our property.

Tom Hastings, GM
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

At first, I was impressed. I found a hotel that allows pets. I have 11 year old labs. I have been staying here for over 5 weeks and have spent well over $5k a month. Recently, the maids have decided to not service my room. I have not put the sign on my door but they just skip my room. Yesterday, My girlfriend and I waited until 3pm for the maid. This wasted one of the few days with sunshine and no rain. We even called the front desk twice and spoke to desk clerk, Jordan. Jordan advised us that the maid would not come in because we had dogs. This did not make sense because we were in the room with the dogs. I went down to the front desk and told Jordan that I was walking the dogs so the maid could come but the maid still refused to show up. It is ironic to have a pet friendly hotel when the staff is not pet friendly. We became fed up by wasting half the day waiting for a no show maid. I spoke to Jordan when we decided to leave and she asked us to wait longer. Enough is enough so we went on with our day and the maid still refused to do her job. When I got back that evening, the room was not cleaned and no clean towels were left outside. When you bring pets to a hotel, it is more important to have the room cleaned because of dog hair, smells, etc. I spoke to a guy at the front desk about the problem. He said he would have somebody empty our trash and bring fresh towels as well as talk to management so that we could switch rooms. However, he dropped the ball and that never happened. To make it worse, I called the Marriott compliant number at 1800-450-4442. The number stated that they were closed and asked me to call the same number that I just dialed. If there were any other pet friendly options in the area, then I would move hotels. I am stuck in the hotel until July 18th. One bad maid has made our experience a negative one. We even tried tipping the maids but that did not help either. As a Marriott rewards member, I am very disappointed in a brand that I used to respect. Avoid if at all possible!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Seth C,

My apologies for the frustration you experienced with the servicing of your room. We are a pet friendly hotel and love our furry friends. To keep our housekeepers safe, dogs must be crated or owners must be present for staff to enter the room. We clearly experienced a breakdown of communication and I am so sorry for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Granite Quarry, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is a refurbished by Marriott property. I stay at Marriott Brands 4 days a week practically every week. This property is average, not really meeting the Marriott standard I am acustom. I made the mistake of spending a healthy chunk of my Marriott points for a really nice vacation the week of the 4th at the beach. My Platinum status got me a 8oz bottle of water, a large candy bar and a room on the 3rd floor out of possible 10 floors. Upgrades were not allowed, at least for me after 3 different request for a suite with a 2nd bath. There was 4 of us and not an unreasonable request. Although I heard, several other visitors at the desk who had reserved on points get requested upgrades "they didn't like their view" after being placed on the second floor. This facilities idea of a 4th of July BarBQ was to charge $10 a head, children and adults alike. For us that would have be $40 for 2 adults a 14 and 6yr old, didn't participate in that rip off. The DJ was advertised playing the top 40 hits, only music heard was from hotels on each side of our hotel. Those 2 were having a blast. Our bar was overcrowded and sold out of everything to drink before 8pm. The entrance for those coming from the beach routed through the bar/bistro area all the way through the lobby to the elevators over slick wet tile floors. A real fall hazard, accident waiting to happen which was seen on several occasions. Had to request coffee, shampoo/conditioner, dishwasher detergent on different occasion d/t rooms not being restocked. There was some type of childrens program taking place but no information was every offered or shared. The room calendar ended on June the 30th, the events were incorrected and never replaced. Asked the front desk and they gave us a new one. It was accurate but mentioned nothing about the children having a day activity program. We had been so frustrated and ignored already, we just entertained the kids our self.
Really should have listened to earlier Trip Advisor reviews I read and been warned about this hotel. I will be more causious next time on what I spend my points on. The 2 things that got this hotel a rating higher than poor was the breakfast and the fireworks, although we could not see the hugh display from our room. We went down to the beach to watch the show.

Room Tip: The full service Marriott next door.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Jean M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My sincere apologies you found our staff uninformative and that you were disappointed with our 4th of July festivities; this is certainly not up to our standards. Our associates strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope that you will stay with us again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here last week with my family and the service I received at check in was exceptional. Sahira Soto, the Front Desk manager went above and beyond to assure we were satisfied with our accommodations, she was very professional and personable, THANK YOU SAHIRA you are great, and thanks to the rest of your staff they were attentive as well, I have been in Customer Service since 1983 & do know superior service.

Dear Barbara M,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional experience and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with Sahira. I appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

First, the negative: I don't like valet parking, especially in a place with no restaurants within walking distance. A mild annoyance, plus a tip every time you want to go somewhere. But they really have no choice due to the layout of the place; self-parking wouldn't work. And the parking attendants were fast & friendly.

Otherwise, I really like the place. It has a washer/dryer in the room - a big convenience on a beach vacation. All staff people were helpful; the maintenance guy dragged out a big air compressor to inflate an air mattress/pool float for my daughter. Just a few steps to beach, & also has shaded area if you just want to sit under the palms & enjoy the view.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#4 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
Your Florida beach vacation awaits you at Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel located directly on the Atlantic Ocean! Experience majestic sunsets from your private balcony in a spacious suite with fully equipped kitchen. Enjoy tranquil on-site spa services at our full service spa & salon. Relax by our two sparkling swimming pools. Our Florida beach hotel blends together the best of any Stay-cation by offering stylish accommodations, delectable beachfront dining with your favorite seafood selections and rejuvenating spa experience- - all tied together with genuine hospitality. Our friendly staff is ready to help you experience the best of what you want from your oceanfront stay, whether it's rejuvenating, relaxing or experiencing exciting activities! We're ideally located just minutes to Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Boca Raton! Among Florida beach hotels, Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel stands above the rest! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.