You added Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

At first, I was impressed. I found a hotel that allows pets. I have 11 year old labs. I have been staying here for over 5 weeks and have spent well over $5k a month. Recently, the maids have decided to not service my room. I have not put the sign on my door but they just skip my room. Yesterday, My girlfriend and I waited until 3pm for the maid. This wasted one of the few days with sunshine and no rain. We even called the front desk twice and spoke to desk clerk, Jordan. Jordan advised us that the maid would not come in because we had dogs. This did not make sense because we were in the room with the dogs. I went down to the front desk and told Jordan that I was walking the dogs so the maid could come but the maid still refused to show up. It is ironic to have a pet friendly hotel when the staff is not pet friendly. We became fed up by wasting half the day waiting for a no show maid. I spoke to Jordan when we decided to leave and she asked us to wait longer. Enough is enough so we went on with our day and the maid still refused to do her job. When I got back that evening, the room was not cleaned and no clean towels were left outside. When you bring pets to a hotel, it is more important to have the room cleaned because of dog hair, smells, etc. I spoke to a guy at the front desk about the problem. He said he would have somebody empty our trash and bring fresh towels as well as talk to management so that we could switch rooms. However, he dropped the ball and that never happened. To make it worse, I called the Marriott compliant number at 1800-450-4442. The number stated that they were closed and asked me to call the same number that I just dialed. If there were any other pet friendly options in the area, then I would move hotels. I am stuck in the hotel until July 18th. One bad maid has made our experience a negative one. We even tried tipping the maids but that did not help either. As a Marriott rewards member, I am very disappointed in a brand that I used to respect. Avoid if at all possible!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Seth C,

My apologies for the frustration you experienced with the servicing of your room. We are a pet friendly hotel and love our furry friends. To keep our housekeepers safe, dogs must be crated or owners must be present for staff to enter the room. We clearly experienced a breakdown of communication and I am so sorry for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Tom Hastings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Granite Quarry, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is a refurbished by Marriott property. I stay at Marriott Brands 4 days a week practically every week. This property is average, not really meeting the Marriott standard I am acustom. I made the mistake of spending a healthy chunk of my Marriott points for a really nice vacation the week of the 4th at the beach. My Platinum status got me a 8oz bottle of water, a large candy bar and a room on the 3rd floor out of possible 10 floors. Upgrades were not allowed, at least for me after 3 different request for a suite with a 2nd bath. There was 4 of us and not an unreasonable request. Although I heard, several other visitors at the desk who had reserved on points get requested upgrades "they didn't like their view" after being placed on the second floor. This facilities idea of a 4th of July BarBQ was to charge $10 a head, children and adults alike. For us that would have be $40 for 2 adults a 14 and 6yr old, didn't participate in that rip off. The DJ was advertised playing the top 40 hits, only music heard was from hotels on each side of our hotel. Those 2 were having a blast. Our bar was overcrowded and sold out of everything to drink before 8pm. The entrance for those coming from the beach routed through the bar/bistro area all the way through the lobby to the elevators over slick wet tile floors. A real fall hazard, accident waiting to happen which was seen on several occasions. Had to request coffee, shampoo/conditioner, dishwasher detergent on different occasion d/t rooms not being restocked. There was some type of childrens program taking place but no information was every offered or shared. The room calendar ended on June the 30th, the events were incorrected and never replaced. Asked the front desk and they gave us a new one. It was accurate but mentioned nothing about the children having a day activity program. We had been so frustrated and ignored already, we just entertained the kids our self.
Really should have listened to earlier Trip Advisor reviews I read and been warned about this hotel. I will be more causious next time on what I spend my points on. The 2 things that got this hotel a rating higher than poor was the breakfast and the fireworks, although we could not see the hugh display from our room. We went down to the beach to watch the show.

Room Tip: The full service Marriott next door.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Jean M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My sincere apologies you found our staff uninformative and that you were disappointed with our 4th of July festivities; this is certainly not up to our standards. Our associates strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Best,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here last week with my family and the service I received at check in was exceptional. Sahira Soto, the Front Desk manager went above and beyond to assure we were satisfied with our accommodations, she was very professional and personable, THANK YOU SAHIRA you are great, and thanks to the rest of your staff they were attentive as well, I have been in Customer Service since 1983 & do know superior service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional experience and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with Sahira. I appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Best,
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

First, the negative: I don't like valet parking, especially in a place with no restaurants within walking distance. A mild annoyance, plus a tip every time you want to go somewhere. But they really have no choice due to the layout of the place; self-parking wouldn't work. And the parking attendants were fast & friendly.

Otherwise, I really like the place. It has a washer/dryer in the room - a big convenience on a beach vacation. All staff people were helpful; the maintenance guy dragged out a big air compressor to inflate an air mattress/pool float for my daughter. Just a few steps to beach, & also has shaded area if you just want to sit under the palms & enjoy the view.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I decided that this is my last time here. I work for the government and I get placed here every two months. The only reason I still come here is because of Ingrid and Arhilio. They are the Hotel. Don't bother to see Tracy (food and beverage manger)NASTY,A Joke as a manager, when you need to speak to her response is make an appointment or give me a minute. ....... but she never comes back.....Marvin disrespected us by ignoring us. Ericka was to hung over to serve us..Your bar restaurant is a joke....But then you have Ingrid who goes out of her way to make not just me my wife and special needs child feel awesome. This lady not only loves what she does she kills it when it comes to love. My daughter got sick and my wife and myself were worried. I call the front desk asking for new sheets due to my child's sickness.WAITED an Hour. ...... .....went down to the front desk to run into Ingrid told her my situation and wow how she ran to get us sheets, not only that she got my daughter chicken soup and a 24 hr pediatric #. WOW......The front desk Mr Arhilio is awesome. Thoses two are an awesome team....

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but we are totally coming back, the service, the spa and the whole place was really wonderful. We had an amazing experience in every aspect. The view from the room was spectacular.

• Stayed June 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have traveled all over the U.S. and this is the first review I'm writing, because the man at the front desk who always has a smile on his face named Argelio is great at customer service. Every time I needed something or had a question Argelio had the answer. Hire more people like this man! What won me over was his personable personality, vital in the hotel business I might add. I got a date with a girl and she wanted to go to the river-walk in Ft. Lauderdale, I had no clue where this was being new, and being a guy I'm not asking her cause I wanted to look smart. I went down stairs and asked Argelio, not only did he know the right place he printed directions for me to get there. I'm impressed I will be staying at a residence inn again next time I travel. I only hope Argelio or a clone of him will be there.

Room Tip: If you have the money ocean front rocks!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,625 reviews
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort L...
#12 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 1,046 reviews
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#7 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 993 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!