“Nice but not what I expect from Marriott brands” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Granite Quarry, North Carolina, United States
“Nice but not what I expect from Marriott brands”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is a refurbished by Marriott property. I stay at Marriott Brands 4 days a week practically every week. This property is average, not really meeting the Marriott standard I am acustom. I made the mistake of spending a healthy chunk of my Marriott points for a really nice vacation the week of the 4th at the beach. My Platinum status got me a 8oz bottle of water, a large candy bar and a room on the 3rd floor out of possible 10 floors. Upgrades were not allowed, at least for me after 3 different request for a suite with a 2nd bath. There was 4 of us and not an unreasonable request. Although I heard, several other visitors at the desk who had reserved on points get requested upgrades "they didn't like their view" after being placed on the second floor. This facilities idea of a 4th of July BarBQ was to charge $10 a head, children and adults alike. For us that would have be $40 for 2 adults a 14 and 6yr old, didn't participate in that rip off. The DJ was advertised playing the top 40 hits, only music heard was from hotels on each side of our hotel. Those 2 were having a blast. Our bar was overcrowded and sold out of everything to drink before 8pm. The entrance for those coming from the beach routed through the bar/bistro area all the way through the lobby to the elevators over slick wet tile floors. A real fall hazard, accident waiting to happen which was seen on several occasions. Had to request coffee, shampoo/conditioner, dishwasher detergent on different occasion d/t rooms not being restocked. There was some type of childrens program taking place but no information was every offered or shared. The room calendar ended on June the 30th, the events were incorrected and never replaced. Asked the front desk and they gave us a new one. It was accurate but mentioned nothing about the children having a day activity program. We had been so frustrated and ignored already, we just entertained the kids our self.
Really should have listened to earlier Trip Advisor reviews I read and been warned about this hotel. I will be more causious next time on what I spend my points on. The 2 things that got this hotel a rating higher than poor was the breakfast and the fireworks, although we could not see the hugh display from our room. We went down to the beach to watch the show.

Room Tip: The full service Marriott next door.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Jean M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My sincere apologies you found our staff uninformative and that you were disappointed with our 4th of July festivities; this is certainly not up to our standards. Our associates strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Best,
Tom Hastings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here last week with my family and the service I received at check in was exceptional. Sahira Soto, the Front Desk manager went above and beyond to assure we were satisfied with our accommodations, she was very professional and personable, THANK YOU SAHIRA you are great, and thanks to the rest of your staff they were attentive as well, I have been in Customer Service since 1983 & do know superior service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional experience and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with Sahira. I appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Best,
Tom Hastings
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

First, the negative: I don't like valet parking, especially in a place with no restaurants within walking distance. A mild annoyance, plus a tip every time you want to go somewhere. But they really have no choice due to the layout of the place; self-parking wouldn't work. And the parking attendants were fast & friendly.

Otherwise, I really like the place. It has a washer/dryer in the room - a big convenience on a beach vacation. All staff people were helpful; the maintenance guy dragged out a big air compressor to inflate an air mattress/pool float for my daughter. Just a few steps to beach, & also has shaded area if you just want to sit under the palms & enjoy the view.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I decided that this is my last time here. I work for the government and I get placed here every two months. The only reason I still come here is because of Ingrid and Arhilio. They are the Hotel. Don't bother to see Tracy (food and beverage manger)NASTY,A Joke as a manager, when you need to speak to her response is make an appointment or give me a minute. ....... but she never comes back.....Marvin disrespected us by ignoring us. Ericka was to hung over to serve us..Your bar restaurant is a joke....But then you have Ingrid who goes out of her way to make not just me my wife and special needs child feel awesome. This lady not only loves what she does she kills it when it comes to love. My daughter got sick and my wife and myself were worried. I call the front desk asking for new sheets due to my child's sickness.WAITED an Hour. ...... .....went down to the front desk to run into Ingrid told her my situation and wow how she ran to get us sheets, not only that she got my daughter chicken soup and a 24 hr pediatric #. WOW......The front desk Mr Arhilio is awesome. Thoses two are an awesome team....

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but we are totally coming back, the service, the spa and the whole place was really wonderful. We had an amazing experience in every aspect. The view from the room was spectacular.

• Stayed June 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have traveled all over the U.S. and this is the first review I'm writing, because the man at the front desk who always has a smile on his face named Argelio is great at customer service. Every time I needed something or had a question Argelio had the answer. Hire more people like this man! What won me over was his personable personality, vital in the hotel business I might add. I got a date with a girl and she wanted to go to the river-walk in Ft. Lauderdale, I had no clue where this was being new, and being a guy I'm not asking her cause I wanted to look smart. I went down stairs and asked Argelio, not only did he know the right place he printed directions for me to get there. I'm impressed I will be staying at a residence inn again next time I travel. I only hope Argelio or a clone of him will be there.

Room Tip: If you have the money ocean front rocks!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On a business trip my business partner and I decided to enjoy the ocean front property in between meetings and get a little relaxation in. Having only been to FL a few times over the years and never having been any place tropical I was delighted in finding a coconut on the hotel grounds and asked the front desk how one opens a coconut to have fresh coconut milk. She got Chef Marvin who explained that the one I found was no good but her would find a way to pick me a fresh one and open it for me.

Needless to say they went above and beyond the call of duty to create a little excitement and joy. They called maintenance to get ladder and pole to get 2 coconuts (one to take home to my son), chopped it open and put a straw in it for me to enjoy on the spot. I, also, got a little education on the difference between a fresh picked coconut with milk and what one gets in the store or from the backing section.

Marvin got a huge hug from me and Kim offered me this website to be able to acknowledge my gratitude and delight in the service and desire to make my stay a memorable one. I will be happy to return!

Room Tip: Not all the balconies face the beach... the internet is terrible unless you pay for the daily upgrad...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Marty N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's wonderful to hear how Kim and Marvin went above and beyond to add to your experience. Our team takes great pride in their approach to hospitality and consistently strive to exceed guest expectations. I look forward to commending their efforts and the time they took to share their knowledge so you could enjoy your first taste of fresh coconut milk. We do appreciate you reflecting on your stay and recognizing our staff. Please come back to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Kind regards,
Tom Hastings, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
#7 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
Your Florida beach vacation awaits you at Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel located directly on the Atlantic Ocean! Experience majestic sunsets from your private balcony in a spacious suite with fully equipped kitchen. Enjoy tranquil on-site spa services at our full service spa & salon. Relax by our two sparkling swimming pools. Our Florida beach hotel blends together the best of any Stay-cation by offering stylish accommodations, delectable beachfront dining with your favorite seafood selections and rejuvenating spa experience- - all tied together with genuine hospitality. Our friendly staff is ready to help you experience the best of what you want from your oceanfront stay, whether it's rejuvenating, relaxing or experiencing exciting activities! We're ideally located just minutes to Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Boca Raton! Among Florida beach hotels, Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel stands above the rest! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.