Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here only one night but we are totally coming back, the service, the spa and the whole place was really wonderful. We had an amazing experience in every aspect. The view from the room was spectacular.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have traveled all over the U.S. and this is the first review I'm writing, because the man at the front desk who always has a smile on his face named Argelio is great at customer service. Every time I needed something or had a question Argelio had the answer. Hire more people like this man! What won me over was his personable personality, vital in the hotel business I might add. I got a date with a girl and she wanted to go to the river-walk in Ft. Lauderdale, I had no clue where this was being new, and being a guy I'm not asking her cause I wanted to look smart. I went down stairs and asked Argelio, not only did he know the right place he printed directions for me to get there. I'm impressed I will be staying at a residence inn again next time I travel. I only hope Argelio or a clone of him will be there.

Room Tip: If you have the money ocean front rocks!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On a business trip my business partner and I decided to enjoy the ocean front property in between meetings and get a little relaxation in. Having only been to FL a few times over the years and never having been any place tropical I was delighted in finding a coconut on the hotel grounds and asked the front desk how one opens a coconut to have fresh coconut milk. She got Chef Marvin who explained that the one I found was no good but her would find a way to pick me a fresh one and open it for me.

Needless to say they went above and beyond the call of duty to create a little excitement and joy. They called maintenance to get ladder and pole to get 2 coconuts (one to take home to my son), chopped it open and put a straw in it for me to enjoy on the spot. I, also, got a little education on the difference between a fresh picked coconut with milk and what one gets in the store or from the backing section.

Marvin got a huge hug from me and Kim offered me this website to be able to acknowledge my gratitude and delight in the service and desire to make my stay a memorable one. I will be happy to return!

Room Tip: Not all the balconies face the beach... the internet is terrible unless you pay for the daily upgrad...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Marty N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's wonderful to hear how Kim and Marvin went above and beyond to add to your experience. Our team takes great pride in their approach to hospitality and consistently strive to exceed guest expectations. I look forward to commending their efforts and the time they took to share their knowledge so you could enjoy your first taste of fresh coconut milk. We do appreciate you reflecting on your stay and recognizing our staff. Please come back to visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Topsfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

When one goes to a hotel with direct ocean view, it is expected & should be that 'all services'
are at a certain level. This is not rocket science. Paying for parking is unacceptable, requesting additional towels & then having them removed the
next morning, unacceptable. Lack of communication . Providing coffee packets without coffee cups, do I even need to say. Forgetting toiletries or providing enough for only one person, when there are two, frustrating. And can you please provide another hook or two to put your towel & clothing on...On a positive note room was clean staff friendly but we are vacationing, paying fairly good money, let's leave the frustration at home where it belongs. I got it, I know we don't live in a perfect world. But we can try to be more compassionate & respectful to guess.

• Stayed May 2014
lordala,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We sincerely apologize for the areas where we fell short of meeting your expectations. The little details do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas we can work on in order to improve our guest experience and I assure you these issues have been addressed with our staff. I'm glad our clean rooms and friendly service had a positive impact to your stay. We do hope you'll give us another chance in the future to make your stay the best it can be. Thank you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Very nice room, food and service. Desk clerk Argelio(sp?) was particularly helpful. Beach and pool areas are pleasant. Valet parking attendants are good, but it is a pain not to park your own ca. Hope to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
R G,
Thank you for sharing feedback and recognizing the excellent service delivered by our staff at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We're happy to hear you had a pleasant stay and we hope you'll have an opportunity to return for another visit in the future. Thanks again!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room was a very nice size with an extra large bathroom. The room had everything; washer and dryer, full kitchen, tub and shower, living room area, and great views. The hotel is great for a long stay. The breakfast was good and if you wanted to stay eating healthy you could.

The only issue we had is that they had a wedding going on that Saturday night and they closed their only restaurant and bar. It was set up for the wedding. It was a bummer since this was the only restaurant for guest. So we had to go off property for dinner and drinks.

I also found it odd that they only had one person at the front desk our entire stay. So we had to wait in line each time we went to the front. And you had to get towels from the front desk for the pool/beach.

The staff was awesome at the hotel.

I would come back. Thanks

Stayed May 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
LoveToTravel1234_10,
Thank you for writing a review. We're glad our spacious accommodations perfectly suited your travel needs and our staff provided great service throughout your visit. We appreciate your feedback on all areas and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. It's great to know you enjoyed a great stay overall and would return for another visit in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I took my 87 year old father on a mini-vacation since he does not live very far from Pompano Beach. Our room was 911 and the one bedroom had a spectacular view of the ocean while the other one had a very nice view of the skyline as well as the ocean. It was a nice three day visit and the front desk staff was extremely accomodating to us. I also wanted to give a shout out to the maintenance staff/engineering since they helped us out in a very embarrassing situation without ever making my father feel uncomfortable. Thank you for that! Some of the positives to note were the grouper sandwich in the little restaurant, the breakfast in the morning and the time of year we chose since it was very quiet with limited traffic on the streets. The negative would be the spa and quality of the massage. It was probably the worst I have ever experienced in my life. I was so slathered up with oil that, even after a shower, I still cannot get it out of my hair and body. Plus, she talked too much and hurt my shoulder. Do not spend the money there but, otherwise, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Arlene F,
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Pompano Beach and sharing your recommendations of our great hotel. We appreciate your positive reflections on our staff’s excellence in service and hospitality, as well as the beautiful views from our ocean front rooms.

It’s unfortunate to hear about that your visit to the spa did not meet your satisfaction. Your comments have been shared with our team in an effort to improve our guest experience. We’re pleased to know you and your Father enjoyed your stay overall and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel and Expedia so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.