“Spacious well appointed rooms located right on the beach.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Spacious well appointed rooms located right on the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The entrance to the Marriott Residence Inn can be very easy to pass up, as its elongated shape without an entrance on A1A can be hard to see. But once you find it, this is a very enjoyable stay. Parking is all valet service, sparing one having to look for parking. The suites are all spacious and well appointed, including kitchen facilities, washer & dryer and free wireless internet. The hot breakfast, also complimentary, is perfectly acceptable and add to the good value of this hotel. There is also a very nicely equipped fitness center.

Service is friendly and the late afternoon fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are just one more of the niceties that make Marriott a brand that knows how to offer friendly service to its guests
Much better than just another hotel on the beach, an entire suite on the ocean make this a well worthwhile place to book!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
JerryTheRugGuy,
We appreciate you sharing reflections about your enjoyable stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We're pleased to know our spacious accommodations, friendly service, and value added amenities perfectly suited your travel needs. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at Residence Inn Pampano Beach for 2 nights while visiting south Florida. We chose the hotel for its oceanfront location and good reviews from TripAdvisor.com. Our rooms are very spacious and are generally very clean. All the staff we met were very friendly and my son even had a good conversation with Mr. Hastings, the general manager. The folks at the valet desk are efficient and friendly, especially the mid-age gentleman who works evening shift.

Miles of fine sand beach are just outside of the hotel and walking to the light tower in the misty early morning was soothing and romantic. The hotel has two heated pools and they work great on a day when ocean water temperature is cold. Breakfast is included and they are very good and plentiful. They don't have enough sit down area for breakfast but you can always go use the bar and lounge area just down the hallway.

The city of Pampano Beach is about 4-5 miles north of Fort Lauderdale and there are many other activities, sites, and fine restaurants just 10-15 minutes drive away. We found a lot of good restaurants driving down south on US Route 1, less than 15 minutes drive.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom, 2 beds unit does not have a sofa bed which is different from most of the Residence In...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Doc_Genetics,
Thank you for writing a review from your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate you and your family choosing our hotel while visiting south Florida, and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, our clean accommodations, and warm hospitality of our staff. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The rooms are very nice, spacious, updated, kitchenette, VERY comfortable bed and tons of pillows. Fresh clean sheets and towels. The hotel was designed so every room has a balcony and view of the ocean and when you lay in bed there is a window that faces out to the ocean, at least the way my room was set up. The customer service is outstanding. If you need any help with your room, they immediately tended to it. The doors open to the outside walkway and one day it had rained and there was a big puddle in front of my room and I could not enter the room without walking through it so called the front desk and literally, in one minute they removed the water. Every staff member was professional, friendly and polite. I did not utilize the restaurant because I was at a health program that is run by Naturally Well by the Sea and they provided all the wonderful food we ate at this hotel. I do highly recommend this program which is not part of the hotel but a separate program that utilizes the hotel rooms, spa, hotel and function rooms to run their own program.

Advice...I would get a room closer to the beach than the street because if you sleep with your balcony door open like I do, as I dislike AC, there is quite a bit of street noise as the hotel is right between the beach and a main road. With all doors closed though, the room was very quiet. I was there in late November and despite complaints, the heated pool was not very warm, however the whirlpool was wonderfully warm. The beach was nice but when I was there, there was construction going on a few hotels down the beach so all day long construction equipment was rumbling by which did not make for much relaxing on the beach but I was walking or swimming so it did not affect me much. The folks who live in the area that I met on my beach walks were very friendly and nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
LovesEastportME,
We appreciate you taking a moment to share feedback from your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We're glad you had an enjoyable stay and felt well taken care of by our staff throughout your visit. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a team of genuine and dedicated associates that strive to provide exceptional guest experiences. Your feedback is important to us so we thank you once again for writing. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Tonawanda, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

stayed for 5 nights. gained 5 pounds on the daily breakfasts. lol. they were very tasty with a good variety to choose from. the rooms were spacious and clean. my only complaints are the a/c is noisy and the sliding doors in the room and in the restaurant were almost impossible to open. one other thing. our room had very little lighting. bedside lamps were it and they were not very bright. the staff was friendly and helpful and the beach and pool were great. enjoyed watching the wind/kite surfers and the goodyear blimp.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
gram162,
We're happy to hear from you and we thank you for writing a review from your stay. We appreciate you sharing both positive feedback on the aspects that made your stay enjoyable, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. It's great to hear that our friendly staff, clean accommodations, and breakfast selection met your satisfaction. I have shared your valuable comments with our maintenance staff in order to make the necessary repairs. We thank you again for selecting Residence Inn Pompano Beach, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my second visit to this property. The location is great and the beach is wonderful.

The lobby level is very impressive and maintained well. But it's an older building in need of maintenance. The a/c units need to be replaced. We had to call several times to get the noise level down. Even when we moved to a different room they had to service the a/c.

Reminded us of our stay last year. The rooms could use a thorough cleaning. Bathroom walls need a wipe-down. One of our two toilets never stopped running. The lower wall areas near the bathroom floors were just gross.

There was a lot of closet space but a shortage of hangers. And one bathroom had a large closet which was odd. There is a safe or two in the room.

Although it's a non-smoking property, we smelled cigarette smoke several times. I guess people were smoking on their balcony.

I do like that there’s a full size fridge and plates/utensils. Microwave and toaster too.

The included breakfast buffet is very good; large assortment of eggs, potatoes, some type of meat, breads, muffins, waffles, cereals, fruit and yogurt. They change it up a bit every day too, which is nice.

Their internet was quite slow. TV channels weren’t clear.

The pools and hot tub were great. Glad the heater was working in the pool this year.

Valet parking only; $19 per day. I don't know why there isn't a self parking option at the FL properties I've visited over the past years.

The staff needs to be better educated as to the room types. I did myself a favor when there last year and asked to see the 3 types of rooms so I knew what I wanted to book. That was a good thing--I knew more about the rooms than the staff! But everyone working there needs to visit the room types to be able to accurately describe them and not give inaccurate information to potential guests.

The king sized bed in our 2 room suite was not good quality though the queen was fine. The rollaway was horrible and needs to be thrown away, along with some of the blankets we were given which were both torn and stained.

Dogs are allowed and we saw assorted sizes. We were told that dogs are supposed to be on the sixth floor only, yet we had one next door to us on another floor.

We like the location of this property and it's a decent value. It has the potential to be absolutely wonderful, yet needed improvements don't appear to be happening. I know other guests had issues as well.

We will be checking out other options for next year's visit to FL.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
mizlori,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improvement. We sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and will certainly take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your hotel needs. We do hope you'll visit us again so we can provide a more positive stay in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went there for a weeks retreat to relax and rest. My first impressions is that the staff is very nice and accommodating. The
hotel description says that all the room face the ocean. What you should know is only the rooms in front have a full view of the ocean. All other rooms face the side of the ocean, meaning you can see the water partially as all the windows face the side of the building.

The rooms are big and come with a fully equipped kitchens. The beds are super comfy and the decor is nice. There are some upkeep issues that should be addressed, like the grout on the tile floors and inside the shower should be replaced and scuff marks on the walls, furniture, etc. Fine details that would make a big difference in ratings. Also, the HVAC system needs to be replaced. It's very loud not only in the rooms but also in the yoga/exercise room. It made it difficult to rest and focus on yoga/meditation with the loud rattling noises.

The design of the hotel is like a motel. Meaning the hallways are outside, so you have to go outside to get to the elevator.

The hotel is suppose to be all non smoking, but people do it anyway and management is ineffective toward stopping it or implementing the $250 fine. I had to move my room because of the cigarette smoke. When it happened again in the second room I was able to see where the smoke was coming from. I called the front desk and gave them the room number and basically they did nothing. I was told that they must actually see evidence of the smoking, meaning catching them in the act, seeing cigarette buts or smelling it in the rooms. They didn't respond quickly enough to do anything about it..

Finally, the hotel is on a very busy street. Lots of trucks at all times of the day. If you want quite, I would chose another hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that are closer to the street. I had room 504, in the middle and I could hear every...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
sspc,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate our guests taking time to provide us with positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our friendly staff, comfortable beds, and spacious accommodations to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Cooper City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great! We went for a girls weekend (7 Ladies) and it was the first time to this hotel. We were so impressed by the staff . Everyone was so helpful and nice . They went out of the way to make sure we had what we needed,. The manager even arranged for us to get our rooms early since it was raining and we could not use the beach. The rooms were large and clean and the view was fantastic. We usualy go to the Keys and I must say this was just as nice. Arthur the valet tookll all our bags (which was alot) to the rooms and Darrall the front desk was so nice. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Donna P,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your girls weekend, and we're glad our helpful staff and spacious accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team, and will be certain to recognize Arthur and Darrall with special commendations for their excellence in service. We're happy to have had you and your girlfriends as our guest, and we hope you'll plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
#7 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.