“Great location and service - thanks Tatiana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
New York City, New York
“Great location and service - thanks Tatiana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for the past 2 months during the weekdays. Their rooms are very clean, although a bit older as compared to some other properties. All their rooms are facing the beach/ocean which is a great perk. You can sip your coffee/tea/wine while sitting on the room patio and enjoying a stunning view.
Evening receptions are amazing as well including Italian and BBQ nights.

Their service is excellent.
Big thank you to Tatiana from the kitchen who's taken great care and has attended to several special food/drink requests.

Room Tip: Go for the x10 or x11 stack rooms if available - much bigger 2/2 style.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
200AxB,
We appreciate your review and continued patronage with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's fantastic to hear all the aspects that have added comfort and value to your visits over the past two months. I'll be certain to recognize Tatiana with a special commendation for her excellence in service. We're happy to have you as our guest, and we thank you again for choosing Residence Inn Pompano Beach for your. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Needed a place to stay for the FT. Lauderdale Boat Show, and wanted to stay on the Ocean.
We chose this facility, as I had stayed there before. Although the show was a bit of a drive from here, it was well worth it. The entire staff seems to have a permanant smile on their face at all times. The room was very nice and spacious, it even included a washer and dryer. The beach is visible from the living area if you look for it. Great value, very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Compudunce,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us while attending the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show. I look forward to passing along your kind comments to our team as our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

Belton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for several days with friends for a little rest & relaxation. The hotel is right on the beach. We sat by the pools for a couple of days although the pools were not as clean as they could have been. There is also a large iguana that hangs out by the pools and there was iguana poop on the pool deck several days we were there. Also, the hot tub was not as clean and we avoided it altogether. There are chairs available for rent on the beach. We actually rented chairs on an overcast day for less than $10 each.

The staff was attentive and we did use the valet service for our rental car. However, several times when we went to retrieve it, they kept bringing us the wrong car. It got to be a running joke to see which car we'd get this time. Fortunately we held out for our own but it would have been very easy to just jump into any car they brought us and drive off. The cost for parking with or without the valet is the same but I think you may be better off dealing with your car yourself.

The rooms were clean overall but the air conditioning was very loud and never really worked correctly. We had a two bedroom suite and the story was the same in both rooms. You could crank the thermostat down to the low 60's but you'd couldn't leave the unit on "auto" and hope it would maintain the temperature. The only way to get the room cooled down was to leave it running constantly which is really inconvenient if you want to sleep because it is definitely tough to do with the noise factor.

The hotel is in a quieter area but there are restaurants nearby, just not walking distance,

I would probably stay here again if in the area. For the price we paid, the value and proximity to the beach made it worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Lex682,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. I have addressed your valuable comments with our staff regarding the cleanliness of the pool area, as well as the frustrations you encountered with valet. I'm sorry for any inconveniences you experienced and assure you that we will make improvements for a more positive experience. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise, and we hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Lighthouse Point, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this property twice in the last month. The hotel is a renovated Motel type design meaning that your room ingress and egress is via an outside hallway. Most recently, we stayed in room 811 which is a two bedroom oceanfront suite. The oceanfront part is a bit of a stretch as we had two smallish balconies which faced south with a side view of the ocean.

The room was clean and spacious, with two bathrooms along with the kitchen area and a sitting area. The beds are very comfortable and we had no problems with the AC. The hotel was full during our stay and consequently the breakfast was packed. We did manage to find seating each morning, but the whole area seemed to require more attention by service personnel. The food was typical fare with enough choices to satisfy us.

The hotel is right on the beach but also in an area that is a bit isolated. There is a small Bistro in the hotel with a limited menu. They also have a small market with some choices for drinks and snacks. However, there is not much within walking distance in the way of restaurants or markets. Although the hotel requires valet parking because of the tight location, the staff was efficient and we never waited long for our car even with a full hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again. Residence Inn rooms are fully equipped and a very good choice for extended stays.

Room Tip: We were in 811 which is the next to last (812) room on the Oceanside. There are stairs between rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ejbondar,
Thank you for your review and return visit with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's great to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our clean and spacious accommodations well suited for your travels. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Norwalk, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Right on the beach .The staffs were nice,they had coffee and ice water in the lobby all day long(very good for Florida weather).Breakfast were the same everyday while we were there.The fishing pier is about 20 minutes walk away.Not much to do beside swimming or fishing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
oldhoundusvn,
We appreciate your feedback from your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We're happy to hear you enjoyed a relaxing stay and found our friendly staff and beachfront location to meet your satisfaction. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

In July of 2013 my family sold our house. Our new house wasn't ready. So, my sister-in-law referred us to this hotel. She had stayed here on many occasions when she came to visit us, for extended periods of time. At first, everything was ok. The rooms were nice. Though there are mold issues, lots of dust in the air conditioning returns, leaking showers, toilet paper holders falling off the walls, no stoppers for the tubs, 2X4's holding the kitchen sinks up & the list goes on. When we checked in we told the guy at the front desk (Jacob) that we had a large amount of cash from the sale of our house (we showed him this cash) & asked if it could be put in their main safe. He said no. But, that there were safes in the rooms. This was a joke. My husband asked him what happened if we forgot our password? He said "it's ok, we can access the safe so you can reset it". Ok? We then decided to split the money up. We put part of the money, along with some jewelry & other items in a safe in the trunk of our car. We told the valet that we wanted to keep our keys, since we were locals & not tourists. (Not wanting to make them aware of the safe). Valet at first was ok with this. Then, out of the blue, while we're out one day I get a call from the front desk telling me that I NEED to give valet our keys or we can't park our car there. Ok? So, we give them our keys. Within about a week of giving valet our keys my sister-in-law came for a visit. The first night she got here there were no rooms available. So, she stayed at the Marriott next door. The next day, she came over to check in. For like 3 hours my sister-in-law, her husband & her sister-in-law (of which is confined to a wheelchair) sat in the lobby waiting to check in. Well, this was the start of what turned into a
complete nightmare. Finally, after getting checked in, my husband had gone to my sister-in-laws room to visit & I had gone to our room for a nap. Not long after, I got a call from my son asking where I was going. I told him I was napping in the room to ask his father. He then called my husband & asked the same. My husband informed our son that he was in his sisters room. My son then said that what he thought was valet just tore out of the parking lot in our car (which was my sons car we had just gotten him less than a month earlier for his 16th birthday). As our son is walking over to the valet booth to ask why they're driving his car like that, the guy at valet is walking to him to ask him "Did you lend your car to friends"? OUR CAR WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!! My husband was already on his way down. As he got downstairs, my son told him his car had been stolen. My husband asked valet to call the police, they refused. He then went in & asked the front desk to call the police, they refused! He had to wait for his sister to bring his cell phone down so that HE could call the police. This was 20 or so minutes AFTER the car was stolen. The police arrive. Not one time did anyone from the hotel ask us if there was anything they could do. Not one time did anyone from the hotel ask if we needed anything. The officer went in to ask to see video surveillance. They at first refused. The officer stated that he would put that in his report. At that time, they stated they had to contact management. They finally allowed him to review the tapes. We parked our truck at the boat launch down the street because we had our boat trailer attached & couldn't park at the hotel. Concerned because our truck keys were on the ring with our car keys (of which the people who stole the car took from the valet booth that is left open) my husband tells our son he needs to go sit with our truck because now we have another vehicle at risk. We asked if someone from valet or the hotel could give him a ride, they refused. Our son had to run barefoot (his shoes were in the car because we had just gone out earlier) 1/2 mile down the road to sit with our truck. The officer stated that had they been called right away our car would've been found right away.
So, our car is stolen, our son is sitting down the street, everything is a panic. The officer leaves. Our car is found 5 hours later destroyed (windows busted out, dents all over, glass all over, everything stolen out of the car). Our family is a target! Our treatment from the hotel staff begins to take a turn for the worse. During our whole stay thus far, we've paid in cash. Once our bill would get to $1,000 we would go & pay, like clockwork. Two days after our car is stolen we drive to where they found our car. We spent hours searching the area in hopes of finding any of our belongings, to no avail. When we get back to the hotel, we're locked out of our room!!!!! So was my sister-in-law & her family. Now, all of a sudden they have a policy of which our room & stay have to be paid in full! We speak to the GM Tom Hastings. He claims that he's new & that he just happened to be going over everything & that our stay had to be paid upon policy. Now comes the slap to the face! He brings us a bill & on that bill WE'RE CHARGED FOR PARKING FOR 2 DAYS FOR A CAR THAT WAS STOLEN FROM THEIR VALET! After we paid & our children went to the room, my daughter went to the front desk for toilet paper. We're still outside with the GM at this time. The girls at the front desk then stated to one another, as my daughter is standing there (she's 14) "Oh, they think they deserve special treatment because their car was stolen"? OVER TOILET PAPER!?!?! A couple days later the GM calls my husband to come downstairs. He tells my husband everyone in the hotel is AFRAID of us & are threatening not to work until we're gone. REALLY???? That was basically him telling us to leave. We left that day!
This has had a major impact on our family. Be cautious when booking with this hotel. They are wolves in sheeps clothing!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend and had a very relaxing time. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, although I would have preferred some healthier options. The beach chairs are free and umbrellas were $10 to rent. The hotel is located in a very quiet area, so if you're looking for some nightlife then you are better off in Fort Lauderdale proper. I would stay at this place again.

• Stayed October 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Sandy R,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It's fantastic to hear all the aspects that made your long weekend stay enjoyable and relaxing. Your feedback is valuable to us so we appreciate hearing from you. Thank you again for writing. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
Your Florida beach vacation awaits you at Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel located directly on the Atlantic Ocean! Experience majestic sunsets from your private balcony in a spacious suite with fully equipped kitchen. Enjoy tranquil on-site spa services at our full service spa & salon. Relax by our two sparkling swimming pools. Our Florida beach hotel blends together the best of any Stay-cation by offering stylish accommodations, delectable beachfront dining with your favorite seafood selections and rejuvenating spa experience- - all tied together with genuine hospitality. Our friendly staff is ready to help you experience the best of what you want from your oceanfront stay, whether it's rejuvenating, relaxing or experiencing exciting activities! We're ideally located just minutes to Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Boca Raton! Among Florida beach hotels, Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel stands above the rest! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.