“Great location and services” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Atlanta, GA
“Great location and services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I look for clean room, refrigerator and microwave, free breakfast and wifi. If I have those things I'm happy. I haven't needed any services, and I don't need the staff to go out of their way for me, so I don't know about those complaints.
I think the room if very spacious and comfortable, linens, bed, etc. There is no oven, but a full size fridge and stove top. Separate whirlpool bathtub in bathroom I haven't used. And a small standup shower that's okay. Hot water, water pressure, all good.
They have a spa, workout room, pool, I've not used any of those items. The higher floors do give a better view of the ocean and it's beautiful to wake up to in the am.
The free breakfast in plentiful. The parking is all valet, and is an extra charge. I look forward to staying here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
misodiva,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, and it’s great to know our hotel met your satisfaction and expectations. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Tom Hastings, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Fresno, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I checked in late Sunday night (7/28/13) for a 2 week stay the person checking me in was amazing, friendly, nice, and very helpful. My first week was great, no problems at all, room was clean and very spacious. But starting Saturday night (8/3/13) I had some very loud neighbors above me slamming, banging, stomping till about 1am in the morning. Since it was the weekend and I was not having to work I wasn't really to upset until all day Sunday the noise continue. Finally Sunday (8/4/13) at about 5:15pm I realize that things were not going to calm down at all and I was going to endure the same thing as the night before. Since I am here for business reasons I really need to get sleep and be focus the next day so I went and talked to the night supervisor. I explained my situation and asked to have my room changed so I did not have to go through this for the whole week I had left. He was very nice and I thought helpful and explained to me that they were booked and he couldn't change my room, which I understood but he did promise to talk to the general manager and get back to me and asked if I would be in my room. I told him I was but he NEVER called. Thinking that things would get better I went to work exhausted. Next night same thing, went down to the front desk 9:55pm, explained my situation to a different shift manager, he seemed indifferent and a little put out but called the room and said " The room below you is complaining that there is a lot of banging and stomping would you please try to keep the noise to min?" The noise was a little better stopped around 11pm but not great. Needless to say it is happening again tonight and i give up with trying to get any results. I would recommend that if you stay here ask for a 10th floor room so you don't have the same issues I have had. I was very disappointed since my company puts all of our traveling employees up at this establishment so I was expecting a far better service than I received.

Room Tip: top floor room so you don't have noise above you. This hotel also lets animals stay in the rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Kellie A,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and receiving your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your visit and your unhappiness with how it was handled. I will be sure to discuss this review with our staff inorder to make improvements for a more positive experience. I’m pleased to know that you liked our hotel otherwise, and found our clean and spacious accommodations well suited for your business travel needs. We value you as our guest and we do hope that you'll visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

Tom Hastings, General Manager
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I decided to go to this hotel because there I could use a reasonable amount of marriot points for the room for me and my family. It is sort of far from Miami, but there are many things to do around. Great room, everything new. Great space for the 4 of us. Good balcony with ocean view on a side. Great service from everyone, including the "manager reception" that happens twice a week during one hour in the evening.
Right Next to the beach, which is also great. Nice swimming pool & spa. Nice Gym

Room Tip: The higher the better !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Andresda,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations, excellence service, and all the amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. It’s great to hear our hotel was well suited for your family travels, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a great stay at this Marriott. The living space in the room was large. The view was great from the 5th floor. (I would recommend staying at least 4th floor for the view). The rooms were super quiet. We even mentioned to the front desk that we were glad we visited during the off season and she told us there were only 3 rooms left available so we were very surprised. We was happy the beach was just a step away and also should mention very clean. We were surprised how quick the valet parking staff was. We didn't even call ahead. Just showed up at the front desk and said we were ready for our car and only had to wait about 1-2 minutes and we were off. The breakfast was NOT just a donut as expected. There was a full buffet, eggs, waffles, cereal, bagel, sausage, etc... very good. On a few of the days we were there , there was even a free special evening time snack buffet. One evening taco bar another evening Hors d'oeuvres. I'm not sure they do this all year long but check it out. It can save you money. The bathroom was nice and big with laundry machine right in room. The only thing I didn't like about the whole room was that the balcony was pretty small. It was big enough for just the two of us so it was fine but if there was 4 it would be to small. The location is definitely a plus. Close to the city but also on the edge away so it is not overwhelming traffic. My husband did all the driving but even I would be comfortable driving around town. We plan to make this our yearly vacation spot.

Room Tip: Stay at least on the 4th floor so you can clearly view the ocean. The view from the 5th floor was ex...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
sjm_788,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, as well as the beach front views from our spacious accommodations. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our cleanliness, valet service, and breakfast selection. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I took a two week road trip down the south east coast with my parents this summer and our journey ended in Pompano Beach. This hotel was the highlight of our trip! It was great to pull up to the hotel, after midnight, and have the valet immediately greet us. The front desk staff were so pleasant! I told them that it was my husband's 30th birthday and they even upgraded us to a two bedroom/two bathroom/two balcony room facing the ocean. The entire experience was just amazing.

The location is great, if you're looking to spend the majority of the time on the beach. There was a stand right next door that rented jet skis, umbrellas, and other beach toys. A little pricey, but totally worth it to not have to deal with the crowds at the main beach down the road. Within just a few miles there are several great restaurants and a nice movie theater. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the Pompano/FTL area.

Room Tip: The two bedroom rooms that face the ocean are great for multiple couples or families with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Jodi B,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re happy to have been a part of your travels, and we’re pleased to hear our hotel was the highlight of your road trip. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our friendly staff, spacious accommodations, and great beach front location. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing and sharing your high recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers.

Churchville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We had such a wonderful 4th of July. Fireworks as far as the eye could see. Breakfast every morning great pools, an awesome view if the lighthouse. And lots to do within 10 mins of your place. Well will return

• Stayed July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
onthego123-12,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It’s great to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, and we’re happy to have been a part of your 4th of July celebration. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to your return visit. Thank you again for writing.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my fourth stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in Pompano Beach (Ft. Lauderdale), FL. This hotel is right on the beach. The suites are large, well appointed, and modern. They include a full kitchen equipped with dishes, utensils etc. Our suite was a 2 room, 2 bath. Rooms are large and comfy. Very quiet as well; we never heard another guest. Another nice amenity is the full, cooked breakfast buffet provided each morning. We also enjoyed the excercise room (one of the best hotel excercise rooms I've seen), and the spin room. Three nights a week a happy hour buffet is provided as well. The staff is accommodating and responsive. I must say our rooms were not thoroughly cleaned, but cleaned well enough. There is also a nice spa with a whole locker room, changing area where we were able to take showers before we left (we had already checked out.)

This hotel is a great value and is an ideal place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the east side of the building towards the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
jmbratto,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our hotel and friendly staff. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our spacious accommodations and the variety of amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I’m glad you liked our hotel otherwise and enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. I will address this issue with our housekeeping staff to improve our property and overall guest experience. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Chris Floyd, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
#7 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
Your Florida beach vacation awaits you at Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel located directly on the Atlantic Ocean! Experience majestic sunsets from your private balcony in a spacious suite with fully equipped kitchen. Enjoy tranquil on-site spa services at our full service spa & salon. Relax by our two sparkling swimming pools. Our Florida beach hotel blends together the best of any Stay-cation by offering stylish accommodations, delectable beachfront dining with your favorite seafood selections and rejuvenating spa experience- - all tied together with genuine hospitality. Our friendly staff is ready to help you experience the best of what you want from your oceanfront stay, whether it's rejuvenating, relaxing or experiencing exciting activities! We're ideally located just minutes to Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Boca Raton! Among Florida beach hotels, Residence Inn by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront hotel stands above the rest! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.