Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
Apopka, Florida
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice size room, with separate bedroom, two full baths and kitchenette. Amenities were nice, right on beach. Clean, good breakfast. Parking was valet only and had a separate charge which was the only minor inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Natalie S,
Thank you for writing and sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. It’s great to receive your kind comments about beach front property, as well as our clean and spacious rooms. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great location right on a beautiful beach. Small cabanas, & chairs are available from a vendor and you can charge it to your room. Nice view of a working lighthouse just a mile or so north on the beach. I enjoyed just strolling up and down the beach through the surf.
The hotel itself also has two pools and a bar and restaurant. Tatiana, the waitress, was just great and always there.
The rooms in this hotel seem to span its width. The entrance to each room is on the north side and the windows and balconies are on the south side expect of course for the one suite on each floor that fully faces the ocean with direct window view.
We were on the 10th floor in a one bedroom suite with two balconies facing south but with a great view of the ocean on the east. All rooms seem to have a similar view without an obstruction.
The rooms seemed a little dated and could use an update. Generally comfortable. We had two bathrooms so lots of room but were disappointed by the noisy air conditioner and little things like the night table on only one side of each bed. We had two bathrooms, a full kitchen, fridge, & microwave.
Parking is by valet and the staff was great in taking care of the car and even in making some nearby restaurant suggestions.
Lobby and breakfast staff were great and helpful. Breakfast was complimentary and had a good selection of hot and cold food.
They are building Marriott hotel next door so the area may get much busier by the end of the year.
Because of the size of the rooms most of the guests tend to be families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
ViewontheHudson,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re glad you enjoyed our beach front location and spacious oceanview rooms. We appreciate your kind comments about our helpful staff and we’ll be sure to recognize Tatiana for her outstanding hospitality. Your feedback is important to us. I apologize for any noise disturbance you encountered with the air conditioning unit. We value you as our guest and hope you have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

leics. UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for three nights [left this morning] at the end of a long stay in many parts of Florida. Having read the reviews, some stating excellent & others not at all good we were a bit dubious but no problems at all.

Arriving too early [and we knew it] the room was not ready so we happily sat in the garden soaking up the sun. The hotel is situated right on the north end of Pompano Beach with all the rooms facing south,towards Port Everglades - 10 floors and for the best views be sure to request the higher floors.This area does not have the razamattaz of Fort Lauderdale but we absolutely loved it for it's peace and quiet. However you will need transport if you want the restaurants and nightlife.

We reserved a 2bed/2bath suite with 2 balconies which had a small cooking area inc. microwave, fridge freezer, double hob ceramic cooker and a half size dishwasher. All in excellent condition and supplies were readily avaiable from the front desk.There was also a washer/dryer.
Full room service is available daily if you wish. [be sure to put all your food into the cupboard or fridge as it will be disposed of .........if you leave it out]

Breakfast is included and was pretty good in my opinion. Hot or cold.

Terry Ramtulla on front desk was superb, always willing to answer any queries, very friendly and charming. Also Tatianya in the breakfast area derserves credit for her constant smile and helpfulness. Thank you to both.

Only one thing to be aware of is the valet parking...it is pretty obvious why it is necessary as the space is very limited but it does cost $19 per day plus tax and you do need to tip the guys when entering and leaving. The cost could mount up over several days!

We did not use either of the two pools but they did look very clean and inviting.

Yes we would recommend Marriott's Residence Inn without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Higher the floor, better the view.
antonleics_UK,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our quiet location, spacious rooms and the variety of value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. We have a wonderful team here, so it’s great to receive your kind comments about their excellence in service. I’ll be sure to recognize Terry and Tatianya with a special commendation for their outstanding hospitality and friendliness. We appreciate your recommendations of our great hotel and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was my 1st experience staying at a Residence Inn by Marriott. From the moment I arrived, I was impressed. The valet service was friendly and efficient. The front desk receptionist, "Terry", was very professional & courteous as she checked us in and told us about the hotel. This truly set the tone for my two day stay. Later that night, I ordered room service and it took a little longer than expected. When I called back down to the front desk, Terry said she would check on it and let me know. She went beyond what was expected because I know the kitchen was not her arena of responsibility. The morning breakfast buffet was also a great value. There was both hot & cold food as well as healthy food. The view of the ocean was great and what a bonus to have a washer & dryer in the room. Great location and I would definitely stay again while in Pompano Beach.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor and it was terrific.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
RunRaleigh,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you sharing your first experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach, and we’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our wonderful staff and their excellence in hospitality. I’ll be sure to recognize Terry for her outstanding service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in many Marriott properties, but found this one to be sub par. First night climbed into bed to find sand all over the inside of the sheets leading me to believe the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests. We told the desk the next morning and requested an immediate sheets change on both beds, although one did not have sand, but we were questioning whether it was changed as well. Upon returning that afternoon, we found they had NOT changed the sheets, just made the bed up again!! Gross!! There was hair in the shower drain, which did not belong to either one of us, which made us question the shower being cleaned between guests. Several requests for dishwasher soap were never filled, which made us wonder how clean the dishes in the kitchenette were! Overhead light in shower and toilet area was burned out and never replaced. Although this hotel has been "refurbished" and I use that term loosely, it is in dire need of new carpeting and paint. The public areas were newly remodeled, but not the rooms. Marriott should be ashamed of putting their name on this property. Although location and beach were great, will never stay there again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Karlee M,
Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I have discussed this review with our housekeeping staff to heighten our awareness of such issues and make improvements for our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you'll give us another chance the next time you travel to Pompano Beach.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

As you can see from my other reviews, I travel quite frequently for both business but mostly pleasure. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world and the service that I received at the Pompano Beach Residence Inn was comparable in many ways. The staff at this hotel is impeccable! Everyone from Fallon at the front desk, to Richard in the lounge to Jen, the general manager, were friendly, accommodating and more than hospitable. Always smiling and happy, you can tell they like where they work (or they fake it really well). I could not have asked for better service and that is truly a great compliment to this facility.

I was looking for a beachfront room but nothing available so we settled on the 2 Room Ocean View suite, which was actually perfect for a family of four. We had a very spacious front room with a full kitchen, bath with shower (no tub in either bath) balcony overlooking the ocean, a full bed, a loveseat (not sleeper sofa) and a table with 4 chairs to eat. The second room had a full bath, full bed and another balcony that had beautiful views of the ocean. There was plenty of room for us all. The rooms were clean, spacious and decorated nicely to the south Florida motif.

Understand that this is an older hotel, though it has gone thru a recent facelift that shows in the lobby best, you can tell they didn't put the same level of effort or funds into the room make overs. As stated, the rooms are clean and very nice with new carpet & paint, granite counters and very comfortable beds but the "attention to detail" that was done in the Lobby and common areas was not used in the rooms. Towel racks were hanging off the wall, doors are older and steel, very loud when they close, even the interior doors as well. Still to me, this is no reason to not come back to this hotel. Actually, I've already made another reservation for a full week in July.

They two heated pools and a hot tub that were never crowded and always clean. Plenty of chairs and towels and the bar is right inside the door!

The beach is great in this location, no seaweed, very clean and free chairs as well. You can rent jet skis or banana boat rides from the vendor there as well. Nice wave action too if you want to do some surfing, at least for the east coast that is.

This hotel is not owned by Marriott but you wouldn't know that unless you saw the sign on the wall by the front desk. Very well maintained and run.

In conclusion, the only reason this hotel doesn't get a 5 star rating in my opinion, are as follows.
1. The room details touted that it Slept 5 - but yet there were only two beds and no sleeper sofa? Are you expecting my teenage boy and girl to sleep together? Or have one sleep on the small loveseat? I called for a roll-away bed that are available and upon check out, found out that they charge $15 a nite for these beds. Now the $30 isn't going to break me but why was I charged for a bed when they supplied no where for that person to sleep? This is not an inexpensive hotel and I think this was unnecessary charge as the hotel incurred no cost to bring a roll-away bed to the room. This should have been free.

2. The microwave in the room was filthy. Looks like someone explosed a small dead (well it was dead when we got there) animal in there and though it didn't smell, it was too gross to even open. Again, attention to detail. When we told them, it was cleaned, I think, never opened it again.

3. Valet Parking - due to the fact that there is not much room to park here, you are forced you use valet @ $19/day plus tax. Not usually an issue but we only left the hotel a few times and every time, I had to go get my car and drive it around to get the family and park it as well when I came back as they were too busy and don't have the room by the front entrance to leave it. If you are going to charge for Valet, make sure they drive the car, not make me do the work. Usually the hotel will have optional valet and self parking (at a lesser cost - I always valet though) but not here.

None of these minor issue would keep me from coming back or recommending this hotel to anyone who wants to spend some time at a beautiful beach with some excellent service and friendly people. See you all again in July!

Room Tip: If you have the need to rent a boat, go to Atlantic Boat Rentals, they are very reasonable and don...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
jbellon,
It’s wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our friendly staff and their excellence in hospitality. I’ll be sure to recognize Fallon and Richard with a special commendation for their outstanding service. I’m pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations comfortable, clean and spacious. I sincerely apologize for the areas that we fell short to meet your expectations. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again in July. Thank you again for writing.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Residence Inn. Staff was very professional, helpful, and friendly. Especially Tatiana. Great location only steps away from the beach. Drinks are a little pricey at the hotel bar, but the food and service were very good.

Our only complaint was the hotel spa. It did not seem to match the same level of quality as the rest of the hotel.

Overall our experience was excellent and we will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Jake0909,
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful time with us at Residence Inn Pompano Beach. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we’re glad our friendly service and beach front location suited your travel needs. I’ll be sure to recognize Tatiana with a special commendation for her outstanding service and hospitality. We enjoyed having you both as our guests and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Jenny Johnson, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
#7 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.