“Great hotel with a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Franklin, MA
“Great hotel with a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel using Marriott points. We requested a high room because we read that is where you get the best views. We were offered a 3rd floor room BUT right behind the ocean front room, so it was practically ocean front. We took the 1 bedroom and were very pleased. The room had a washer and dryer, a kitchen with everything you need except the oven and a full size fridge. The main room consisted of a desk and a couch with a small table and 3 chairs. The flat screen TV was on the wall. This room also had a queen bed in it. It had a private balcony. There was also a bathroom in this room. Then you walk through a door and enter the bedroom. It had a queen bed, TV, private balcony and a bathroom. It was spacious enough for 4 adults. We sat at the pool, chairs and towels are provided. We sat at the beach, chairs were provided but we had to drag them down to the beach and that is not so easy when you have stuff to carry. We had lunch in the restaurant and that was good. They provide free interent in the rooms, it was kinda slow. There is no place to park your car except valet, which is $19 per day, charged to your room. It was strange since the covered lot to park was right there, guests could have certainly gotten their own cars. The free breakfast was very good.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, it has a great location and great views.

Room Tip: get a higher up room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
luv-to-travel425,
Thank you for your feedback. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Residence Inn. I'm glad you liked our suites as well as our breakfast buffet and restaurant. We're grateful for your recommendation and hope we'll see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Recently my best girlfriends and I stayed at the Residence Inn on Pompano Beach. The service, ammenities and location were fantastic. I would highly recommend staying at this property - get to know the staff! Jennifer (manager), Richard & Trey (restaurant) and Alexis (spa) took extra measures to make sure we truly were on vacation! The mimosas are perfectly mixed, the complimentary breakfast is a real treat and the ocean access is beautiful! The tiki bar next door is also really fun!

Room Tip: The ocean front suites are amazing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
lisa b,
It's great to hear from you and receive such a wonderful review. We're pleased you and your girlfriends enjoyed your time with us, and we're delighted to know our staff provided exceptional service. I'll make sure to give Richard, Trey, and Alexis a special commendation for their outstanding work. We hope to see all of you again for another fun and relaxing vacation.
karenivg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed prior, to rave reviews.
Again we were thrilled at the service, rooms, beach... The entire combination makes this property our "go-to" resort when we need to be in Fort Lauderdale.
We had a bit of an error on our prior folio and the general manager (jenny?)fixed it immediately to more than our satisfaction ....... Stellar customer service is still
alive!!! ........

• Stayed September 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
karenivg,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Residence Inn. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and pleased to know we're your go-to resort. I'm also pleased to know of your satisfaction with our customer service! We hope you'll visit us again soon.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my second trip for Labor Day....what a great place. Really nice staff and extreemly accomodating. They went out of their way to take care of me. The parking is $20 a day. Beach chairs are free and nice. Breakfast is hot and lots of variety. I'll definitely visit again!

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms are best view.
plainoleredneck,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant visit with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, and found them to be accomodating. Glad you liked the beach chairs too! Please plan to visit us again soon.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was disappointed as this being a Residence Inn. When I got there, I found out it was valet parking only, fine, but there was only one person working and cars lined up down the side of the already narrow driveway. The greeting and information was nice at the front desk. HOwever, when I got in the room, you could tell this renovation was cheaply done: old closet doors, lamp was broken, and an electrical outlet was very loose. I had to call the front desk because the hot water was not working. I was told I had the nozzle pointed in the wrong direction. I put all the 3 faucets on, tub, shower and bathroom sink and let them run for several several minutes. I was made to feel it was my fault.
The beach photo on the website shows light blue beautiful water. Well, I was there in late September and the water was brown and gross. I looked up beach and within sight distance you could see past the lighthouse, the beautiful color of the water. This was not the color at the hotel or anywhere near it. I looked up the satellite photo on Google which was done earlier in the year and it was not blue clear either, it was brown. The front desk guy told me it was due to a storm. Well, must have been lots of storms this year.
I also stayed at this hotel because Marriott was running a promoton that if you stay you receive 5,000 bonus reward points. Well, a week later I notice I did not receive the bonus point. I called 1-800 marriott and they told me to call another marriott number that was long distance. They called the hotel, and after a run around, they said they were taking care of it. I am checking days later and it is still not corrected. I personally would not stay there again. I will say the front desk staff was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
gymskin,
Thank you for your review. We greatly value your business and appreciate having had you as our guest. I apologize that your experience with us was not a satisfying one for you. I believe your concerns have been properly address, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show how great our hotel is and what a wonderful staff we have. Again, thank you. We look forward to your next visit.
Dallas, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

First stay at this hotel, I arrived around 8:30 pm very tire and justed wanted a hot shower and room service. I opened the door to my room and found: ironing board and iron up, childs bucket and shovels on the tabel with empty chip bags inside. A welcome cord for the previous occupants as well as the sleeve for their room key. Their room key was found on te kitchen counter. The previous occupants soap and shampoo was still in the shower.. There was an opened magazine on one of the beds as well as the note pad, which had been written on. Pulled bacck the cover and there was hair on the wrinkled sheets. When I called to let them know I thought someone one still had this room, they sent someone to take away these items and convience me the room was clean. I believe the previous occupants check out early and the room was NOT cleans for a new guest. Room service was brought up on two plates, no drink, no silverware, no salt/pepper, no tray.
This was the worst stay ever and I checkout the next morning and will never return to this hotel again. The front desk guy did not offer me a new room, just kept telling me this room was clean, evethough it clearly was not!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Rebecca C,

Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I regret to hear that your experience with us was not a pleasurable one which met our usual high standards of cleanliness and service. I will review your comments with our leadership team and make sure improvements are made in any necessary manner possible. I apologize for not getting the chance to speak with you prior to checkout. Your business is important to us! I’ve sent to you a personal message and would love to speak with you in person to resolve this. Thank you again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

my husband and I stayed here in September. The room was very large, full kitchen, washer and dryer. even though we were way at other end of beach we still had a great view of ocean.
I think every room does. theres a small balcony to sit on and enjoy the scenery.
Free breakfast was perfect. you can eat outside, tables overlooking beach, or pool. seating was not a problem at all. Delicious cookies were served every afternoon. The first night we stayed they had free hotdogs and pasta salad. It seems as if they try to have social things going every evening. The pools were nice, one warmer than the other. The girls at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The manager went beyond the call of duty to help us with our boarding passes.
the bartender was very kind, always happy and wanting to know if he could help. Parking is valet only, $20. a day, the only down side. but the room was $119, we did not feel that the valets were the nicest. but then again, they are outside all the time and wanting tips. The beach is beautiful, groomed well, lots of shells, you can walk both directions for a long way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
flipflopyaya,
Thank you for your lovely review. We're pleased you and your husband chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our cookies and social hour. We're grateful for your compliments about our staff as well. Please come back and see us again soon.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront

Address: 1350 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 (Formerly Ocean Sands Resort & Spa)
Location: United States > Florida > Pompano Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Pompano Beach
#5 Family Hotel in Pompano Beach
#6 On the Beach Hotel in Pompano Beach
#7 Romantic Hotel in Pompano Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel and Expedia so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront Hotel
Ocean Sands Hotel
Ocean Sands Resort Spa

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.