“Great Bargains, large room, small price” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Forum to your Saves list
The Forum
3.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   600 SW Third St, Pompano Beach, FL 33060   |
calgary
“Great Bargains, large room, small price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

This was the cheapest place we could find, and yet we got a huge room, which was upgraded to a suite. The place is used as a religious conference centre, so you cannot bring alcohol or cigarettes, and there are some religious posters. It used to be a hospital so you get the large rooms, huge hallways, and slightly smaller bathrooms you would expect there. Everything has been redone so it looks brand new and it has modern electronic proximity keys and loads of `common room`space in addition to the huge rooms. Some floors have extra kitchens that can be shared, our room came with a kitchen and separate living room.

Breakfast is included - pretty well a standard continental bfst, nothing special.

It is also near the I-95, so convenient to airport and for road travel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Curitiba, PR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Dear Sirs

I was staying at his hotel in 05/02, was the only place in the U.S. in which I used my credit card was cloned and the same, I received a statement from the carrier card to try shopping at a store called "MARIE GREEN FORUM LCC, " I will register criminal complaint in the FBI or local police about the attempted fraud occurred.

Graciously

George Abdo El Assad

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Here goes:

This building was an old medical center that was converted into a conference center/retreat. They have hotel rooms that they rent out to anyone.

Pros: The hotel room itself is nice. Nice carpeting, comfortable beds and a Fridge, coffeemaker and microwave in each room. Very nice! The whole building is non-smoking (awesome) and no-alcohol allowed on the premises. The location is great. Just a short drive East to the beaches. Lots of restaurants (fast food and casual sit-down kind) just West on Powerline (near the casino). Plenty of bars near there if you want to have a drink or two. Also a CVS, Walgreens and Walmart there too. The building and rooms are SUPER quiet! No traffic noise of any kind and I never heard any noise from other guests.

Cons: The hallways to your room DO look like those of an old medical center. But, It didn't bother me at all. Also, there is NO swimming pool or sundeck.

I found this place online and the price per night was 1/2 of any other hotels in the area. I would stay here again. If you want a QUIET relaxing hotel with no frills. This is your place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I know that you have been reading the reviews and been reading mixed ones that are all over the map. Predominantly it is polarized by two main negative things and two main positive things.

Positive:

1) It is quiet
2) It is good value since it's cheap

Negative

1) It is a converted hospital
2) It is a Christian retreat/conference centre

I will say that I fully agree with the two main positive points about this place. However in my own experience, the negatives far outweigh the positives. I DO mind that it is a creepy looking old converted hospital. I DO mind that it is right next door to a kidney dialysis clinic. I don't mind so much about it being Chrisitian and I didn't even notice the no alcohol or smoking policy. Big deal. Drink at the bar!

What killed it for me is that the hotel is not accessible unless you have a car. When we called for a taxi, they came 40min later. It's just too far away from anything.

I would not recommend it. Spend $20 more a night. Location, location, location!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

The Forum has elicited the most polar-opposite reviews that I've ever seen on Trip Advisor. Bottom line: it's NOT a hotel, but a retreat center - so don't expect a hotel. Think of it as a stay at an ultra-modern monatery. There's no character like those monasteries of Europe that offer great prices, spartan accomodations and peace and quiet. This time, it looks like a hospital, complete with a dialysis center attached to the next building. But as the super-friendly and efficient receptionist told me, "we're not a hotel, we just happen to rent vacant rooms that aren't being used for retreats and conferences"... so people who come to Fort Lauderdale expecting to "whoop it up" will be disappointed. Since I don't drink or smoke and prefer to have my wild fun away from where I'm staying, it was perfect. The room had a flat-screen tv and dvd player, and yes, the bathrooms DO look just like they must've when it was a hospital, but the bed was comfortable and the free breakfast was adequate - comparable to a budget motel, complete with bagles, waffles, fruit, juice and cereal. The common area outside the room (where the nurse's station must've been) has some couches and a desk with a free internet terminal - it'd be great for a family traveling together. The fitness center had several nice lifefitness treadmills and elipticals and a few weights. And parking is free. It's UNFAIR for people to write about it being near a strip club - it's also near a very nice gated community - the strip club is several blocks' walk away... Yes, it's isolated to some extent, but it's near I-95 and the hotel offers all kinds of snacks and sundries for great prices. The great receptionist even offered me one of her own bandaids out of her purse when I asked for one! I'd definitely go back... If you're the kind of person who's stayed at a joint that has a bathroom down the hall, you'll think you're in the Taj Mahal. Compared to all the horrible places in London and Paris that are "budget" accomodations, this is great! However, given the bad Florida economy, you could get a 4-star hotel down the street for about $30 dollars more on Hotwire... But I'd rather spend that $30 on my rental car or a nice meal...

Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

OK. First, it's a HOSPITAL, not a hotel. Don't let the moderate "renovations" fool you. It's a hospital. It FEELS like a hospital.

Next, it's extremely fundamentalist Christian. Signs about God everywhere, creepy pictures of kids, and notices about the "Prayer power breakfast", etc. OH-- and you need to sign and swear that you won't smoke or DRINK ALCOHOL in the hotel. (So don't look for the hotel bar)...

No room service-- I really felt like I was in The Shining Part II.

I left after 1 night and checked into The Westin.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

The ads for this place are completely deceiving and down right lies! They claim its walking distance to the beach.. its really about a 10 minute drive. There is absolutely nothing to do around this place. The area is beyond ghetto and rundown... luckily there is a ratty strip club right around the corner (great for the kids).

Anyways this place was cheap we got our room for 49 dollars, but to be honest i would have rather paid an extra 20 for a motel 8. The lobby is decent and maybe even nice. When we checked in they made us sign a waiver saying we arent gonna drink or smoke, which is completely nuts.

The place is a reformed hospital and its still obvious. I felt like i was at the clinic. We entered our room and immediately i saw dried semen all over our comforter.. perfect. After removing our disgusting comforter the sheets looked OK. the rooms were somewhat nice with new flatscreen tvs... until we turned them on and they didnt f*king work.

Stay away from this place at all costs. Its too far away from everything and not worth the savings!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Forum? Share your experiences!