“Your Kidding Me! Really......” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Forum to your Saves list
The Forum
3.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   600 SW Third Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33060   |
Endicott, New York
“Your Kidding Me! Really......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Come on For 79.00 you get a clean room, and gets you in the area you want. And the money is going to Catholic Charities. Give me a break. Bottom line if you were going on a vacation with kids, you would want more out of the hotel. Pools, etc. But like us, we were only there to sleep. It was fine.Close to 95, 2 exits from Pompeno,close to beach. Got off the cruise ship and got to stay closer to friends for a great price. Will use it again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Absolutely horrible experience. Checked in and checked out within 1 hour because I had no idea the hotel was actually inside of a large office style building / old hospital and would not appear to be a hotel at all. It was a mix between a hospital, office building, and small section at the end of a hallway with some rooms they refer to as a hotel. The wifi (internet) did not work on my phone or on my computer. There was hair left on the shower floor and the room had a foul odor. The bathroom was tiny and disgusting - far from what you would expect in a hotel. I found out later that this used to in fact be a hospital which explained a lot. I checked myself into a Courtyard Marriott about 15 minutes away in Coral Springs for $100 more and stayed in a real hotel with no problems and a very pleasant experience. I had no problem paying for the first night at this hotel since it was a last minute cancellation due to the horrible condition of the hotel and the fact I didn't want to stay any longer than I already had. I didn't even unpack!! However, I figured they would in good faith do the right thing and refund me for the additional two nights that I was not staying. Nope. After waiting to speak with Carma, the manager, and allegedly the only person who can handle credits/refunds/and complaints (5 days of "she is on the other line", "she is with a guest", "she is out of the office", "she'll call you back", etc), I have given up!! I have never had a difficult time speaking with a manager about an issue at any hotel before. I have been unable to reach Carma (954-784-1111 ext 1007) since 11/04 (it's now 11/11) and in my opinion, unacceptable, unprofessional, and a poor way to run a business!! Do yourself a favor and find a different "hotel" or just choose the Courtyard Marriott which is fairly close and in a much better area.
*11/14: Update: Carma finally returned my calls, however, claimed she never received any messages other than 1 voicemail, claims I never checked out, claims there are no problems with the property, and lastly, refuses to give any refund towards my 3 night stay that I checked in and checked out within the first hour of being there. What a joke this place is!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked this room through "Cheap O Rooms", I had to travel from Daytona Bch Fl to Pompano for my Grandfathers funeral service. The price was great, so I booked it!!
When we arrived (thank God for GPS), I was amazed with what I saw from the outside, the rate was so cheap, I had not exspected such a big beautiful building.
Only after reading these reviews did I realize this was a converted hospital, still not a big deal.
The tv was an old school tv, and the remote control was broken, I went to the front desk, they gave me new batteries, although I knew when I went down there it was not what it needed. The lights on the remote were lit, if the battery was dead, that wouldn't be the case...still not the problem.
When I checked out and arrived at the funeral, I realized I left a black dress there. I called the next day (Monday 11/12) and let them know I had left it. The woman who took my first call confirmed that they had my dress, and then, rather than take my information, she transferred me to the "secretary" to leave my information.
I called back to check on the dress, and the process that wold be needed to return it. The same woman (Vikki) I spoke with Monday said they did not have it. I reminded her that we had spoken earlier in the week and that she already confirmed that they did. I then get the "supervisor" on duty who again told me they didn't have it. I went over the conversation I had on Monday, as well as the message that I left on the vm I was transferred to.
She asked me the size of the dress, the name on the tag of the dress...are you kidding me??? I told her I was unsure of the size, it could be this or that, adn the brand of the dress!!! Yeah, alright!! She ended up disconnecting the call. I am certain that the maids, or the desk clerks, or the SUPERVISOR (and I use that term loosley) liked and kept the dress. Pathetic!!! Abosolutly PATHETIC.
Messages from God are all over the hotel, and what a pleasent ora that gave, but to steal my dress, now that isn't very Christian now is it?
Honesty and customer service are the most important qualities I look fo rin anything, this place failed there, and I will never stay there again. What a huge disappointment!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Forum is not a 4-star hotel, but we gave it a 4 out of 5 rating. If one is on the road and would like a clean, safe place to sleep, I would recommend The Forum. The room was comfortable and the staff was very nice. The sheets were clean and there were no unpleasant smells as one may find in other off-the-highway motels. My husband and I felt good that the hotel was owned by a ministry and we appreciated their ingenuity in re-purposing the old art-deco style building. The bathroom was small, but we were comfortable in using the facilites.

Room Tip: Good for a quick stop overnight - safe and clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was really surprised that the reviews were on point! Yes, it's a bargain to stay here u get what u pay for! It's not that bad ( but who are we talking about?) I miss the luxuries of 4/5 star hotel, but I was on a tight budget. The area is seedy, and it felt like a former hospital! But I've stayed at worse like-(Quality Inn-Orlando!!!) thank God no bugs and trash here. I was a little disappointed that the bathroom didn't feel or look like hotel bathrooms usually feel- with niceties like nice size bath tub, shampoo, body wash, shower cap, etc! There's none of that here! Bathrooms are very important to me that's where and how I unwind. But I've also stayed at wonderful hotels like in Boca Raton and they didn't have microwave or refrigerator! Anyway, I don't know if I would come back here to stay but I would recommend for someone who wants a budget hotel without bugs, trash, and noise!

• Stayed August 2012
Lake Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Was expecting a hotel with wonderful rooms with the picture the hotel shows. The rooms smell of dirty diapers, bed spread dirty, no restaurant within walking distance, located in the industry center, no swimming pool. Then come to find out the hotel is adjoined to a dialysis center for those who cannot drive home.

Room Tip: Pictures are not always true.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was a one night stay, it is a remodeled hospital that has been turn into a motel. Had a few maintenance issues but nothing major. Staff was friendly. I don't know that I would give it a three star rating, more like 2 1/2.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Forum? Share your experiences!