“Horrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   600 SW Third St, Pompano Beach, FL 33060   |
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
“Horrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked this room through "Cheap O Rooms", I had to travel from Daytona Bch Fl to Pompano for my Grandfathers funeral service. The price was great, so I booked it!!
When we arrived (thank God for GPS), I was amazed with what I saw from the outside, the rate was so cheap, I had not exspected such a big beautiful building.
Only after reading these reviews did I realize this was a converted hospital, still not a big deal.
The tv was an old school tv, and the remote control was broken, I went to the front desk, they gave me new batteries, although I knew when I went down there it was not what it needed. The lights on the remote were lit, if the battery was dead, that wouldn't be the case...still not the problem.
When I checked out and arrived at the funeral, I realized I left a black dress there. I called the next day (Monday 11/12) and let them know I had left it. The woman who took my first call confirmed that they had my dress, and then, rather than take my information, she transferred me to the "secretary" to leave my information.
I called back to check on the dress, and the process that wold be needed to return it. The same woman (Vikki) I spoke with Monday said they did not have it. I reminded her that we had spoken earlier in the week and that she already confirmed that they did. I then get the "supervisor" on duty who again told me they didn't have it. I went over the conversation I had on Monday, as well as the message that I left on the vm I was transferred to.
She asked me the size of the dress, the name on the tag of the dress...are you kidding me??? I told her I was unsure of the size, it could be this or that, adn the brand of the dress!!! Yeah, alright!! She ended up disconnecting the call. I am certain that the maids, or the desk clerks, or the SUPERVISOR (and I use that term loosley) liked and kept the dress. Pathetic!!! Abosolutly PATHETIC.
Messages from God are all over the hotel, and what a pleasent ora that gave, but to steal my dress, now that isn't very Christian now is it?
Honesty and customer service are the most important qualities I look fo rin anything, this place failed there, and I will never stay there again. What a huge disappointment!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Forum is not a 4-star hotel, but we gave it a 4 out of 5 rating. If one is on the road and would like a clean, safe place to sleep, I would recommend The Forum. The room was comfortable and the staff was very nice. The sheets were clean and there were no unpleasant smells as one may find in other off-the-highway motels. My husband and I felt good that the hotel was owned by a ministry and we appreciated their ingenuity in re-purposing the old art-deco style building. The bathroom was small, but we were comfortable in using the facilites.

Room Tip: Good for a quick stop overnight - safe and clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was really surprised that the reviews were on point! Yes, it's a bargain to stay here u get what u pay for! It's not that bad ( but who are we talking about?) I miss the luxuries of 4/5 star hotel, but I was on a tight budget. The area is seedy, and it felt like a former hospital! But I've stayed at worse like-(Quality Inn-Orlando!!!) thank God no bugs and trash here. I was a little disappointed that the bathroom didn't feel or look like hotel bathrooms usually feel- with niceties like nice size bath tub, shampoo, body wash, shower cap, etc! There's none of that here! Bathrooms are very important to me that's where and how I unwind. But I've also stayed at wonderful hotels like in Boca Raton and they didn't have microwave or refrigerator! Anyway, I don't know if I would come back here to stay but I would recommend for someone who wants a budget hotel without bugs, trash, and noise!

• Stayed August 2012
Lake Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Was expecting a hotel with wonderful rooms with the picture the hotel shows. The rooms smell of dirty diapers, bed spread dirty, no restaurant within walking distance, located in the industry center, no swimming pool. Then come to find out the hotel is adjoined to a dialysis center for those who cannot drive home.

Room Tip: Pictures are not always true.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was a one night stay, it is a remodeled hospital that has been turn into a motel. Had a few maintenance issues but nothing major. Staff was friendly. I don't know that I would give it a three star rating, more like 2 1/2.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Staying here was a unique experience. For Ft. Lauderdale, this hotel is very inexpensive. It was clean, and fairly well maintained. But....

I talked to the gentleman at the front desk, and he said that he believed that this was originally part of John Knox Village, a geriatric facility located adjacent to the "hotel". The building served as a geriatric rehab/hospital facility for John Knox. John Knox sold the building to Marie Green, who donated it upon her death to a Christian Missionary group. The group uses most of the building for various missionary functions, including a conference center; but decided to operate left-over space as a hotel. Since it is run by Christian missionaries, there is no smoking or drinking allowed (which was fine with me.)

The rooms are old converted hospital rooms. You can tell this because they are arranged in a circle around an open circular area, which was obviously formerly a nursing station. Our room had a flat-screen TV, new appointments, but there were some worn spots on the blanket and the bed was very soft. However I would come back here.

A breakfast was included. This consisted of frozen bagels arranged near two toaster stations, cream cheese, butter, frozen waffles, cereals, milk, juice and coffee. The breakfast area is setup like a cafeteria with some really retro furnishings - the kind you would have found 50 years ago in a dinner; but new and clean.

Beware that finding this hotel is difficult without a GPS. It is adjacent to I95, but you have to go on a number of local roads to get to an exit. Map it out first.

Overall, if you can put up with the weirdness, this is a good deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

First of all, this hotel is run by a religious organization. There is a no alcohol policy which I have never encountered before.

The hotel is an old converted hospital and you can definitely tell. Be careful because the room doors don't always lock when you close them (you have to lock the actual door knob). The rooms are sterile feeling and dirty. We seriously contemplated checking out and going to a different hotel and probably would have if it weren't so late.

Hotel staff is rude and not friendly. Overall, the hotel has a creepy vibe and I would not recommned staying here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Forum? Share your experiences!