“Gianni's makes Ragu world class” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Gianni's makes Ragu world class”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were a party of 3. We had looked forward with anticipation to our evening at Gianni's. You could smell the garlic in the parking lot, and that is a good sign. What a disappointment!!! We had a salad with the house dressing. It is 3 spears of romaine lettuce and the dressing is balsamic with bitter charred garlic and onion dressing. I ate what I could of the lettuce. The dressing was overwhelming and bitter. Then we ordered pasta with meatballs. The sauce is sour and acidic, and the meatballs were the size of an orange (2). I like to cut my meat with a fork. These meatballs you had to cut with cutlery. They were like rubber. It is pricey and not worth half of what you pay. On my worst night in the kitchen, I could not make a dinner this bad. I don't get it. It has a good reputation. Perhaps, people get used to it. Save your money.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Farmington Hills, MI
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Gianni's was amazing. Their rolls, which are hot, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan coated, are something you will never forget. In fact, the aroma of garlic greets you as you enter the restaurant. My husband had Veal Francese, which was fork tender and enormous. I ordered Snapper Francese, which was equally delicious. The Hearts of Romaine Salad was amazing. It had a dressing of something brown with little chunks of what I thought was maybe cabbage....after asking the waitress how it was prepared I learned that it was balsamic and....roasted garlic. The sauce on the side of pasta was zippy and fresh. I also had a side of fresh spinach (with garlic) and that was a little cold. With so much food to eat, I didn't even care to complain. I strongly suggest reservations- we went at 6:30, and when we left there was a very, very long line of hungry people.

Visited February 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Good Italian Food from NJ Gal in Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went with family that relocated from NY, NJ area. Good fella kinda place...lol...good food, pricing good, portions average. Difficult to find good Italian food, this place filled the bill.

Visited February 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Tonya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This Italian restaurant tries their best to make authentic Italian entrees. We enjoyed chicken Marsala and snapper francese. Both dishes were prepared just right and we were using the garlic rolls to sopp up the sauce and our plates didn't need to be washed at the end of the meal. The salad was cold, fresh, appealing and delicious. It has been my experience when eating out that when the salad is done right the rest of the meal seems to come out right also. This was no exception. We ate at 5:30 and by 6:00 all seat were taken and a waiting time of 30 min. For a table. Bar area is small and near the entrance and looked uncomfortable but the food they serve is VG.

New Jersey
“Huge Portions of Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Even on a Wednesday night the place was packed and reservations were a must. The food was served on platers not mere plates. A basket of super hot garlic rolls was placed on the table even as we were ordering drinks. They literally are the size of baseballs and quite wonderful. Meals also come with a salad with a rather unusual balsamic dressing and bleu cheese. All this means that unless you have a monster appitite, starters are out of the question.

The food was fresh and well prepared. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Not the cheapest place around, but well worth the price. Noise level is a bit high but not disturbing.

• Visited February 2013