“Last minute getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida

You added Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida to your Saves list
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Briny Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL 33062   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Miami, Florida
“Last minute getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I live just a few miles away in downtown Miami and decided the Friday of Memorial Day weekend that we wanted to get away for a 1 night stay on the beach in Pompano. The catch was that we wanted to take our small dog. We'd previously stopped by the Ebb Tide Resort so were aware that they were accommodating to pets. On a whim I called to see if there was any chance that we would be able to get a room for one night only on Memorial Day weekend AND take our dog. Susan answered the call and was extremely accommodating in our request. We were met by Susan when we checked in who remained friendly and accommodating - as did the rest of the staff there - for our overnight getaway. The room was quaint, clean and overlooked the Atlantic. The location is extremely convenient, right on the water and very close to a number of good local restaurants. For the price you really can't beat it. We frequently like to "escape" the big city for the quiet peacefulness of Pompano and will certainly take our puppy and visit Susan and the gang again.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms that are located on the far east end of the hotel that are directly on the bea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Not good for families with kids....staff and european guests are not really into children and restrict almost everything. If you have kids that act and behave like normal children I recommend to go to a different hotel where they would be allowed to play and have fun.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
kkaram, Owner at Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort in Pompano Beach, Florida, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
So many of our guests give us positive family reviews, so this one takes me by surprise. Perhaps you should consider that when visiting a hotel, you monitor your children so they do not disturb other guests as this is not acceptable. Respect for others should be the responsibility of the parents. We know that you are trying to enjoy yourselves also, but they are your children and your responsibility. The staff at the Ebb Tide Resort is very considerate of all the guests and try to protect each and every one of them, so if anything was said to your children or yourself, then it was truly needed. Most of the guests visiting here are highly tolerant, but extreme loud screaming can only be taken for a short period of time. The live web cam can be viewed at any time and directed to the pool, where children are playing respectfully everyday.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the resort the last weekend of June. We enjoyed our stay tremendously. Right on the ocean, this small resort is very cozy, well landscape and especially very, very clean. The beds and very comfortable. We were in 25, facing the ocean. Everyone is very friendly. The owner Karen and her manager always went out of their way to help. Anything you needed that was not in the room, they had available for you. Looking forward to another weekend soon. There aren't too many old places left.

Room Tip: corner unit 25 has ocean view and is very quiet.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The ladies who own/manage are such a delight. The property is right on the ocean. The room was a bit dated but VERY clean. They allow pets. Close to places to eat. We would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Pick the room you want.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sugar Hill, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Ebb Tide Oceanfront has something for everyone! The view of the ocean is spectacular with the beach close enough to hear the waves lap the shore. Accommodations are immaculate with a staff that is friendly, down to earth and always eager to please. Laurie (Manager) and Karen (owner) are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I now feel like we are old friends! Families and couples and pet's co-exist on a property that is pleasing to the eye. Flowering plants are everywhere as is a Koy Pond by the front entrance. Plenty of activities right on property,however you are just steps away from anything you might need, Restaurants, parks, shopping, nightlife are a hop, skip and jump away. I feel lucky to have found this gem and even though I have friends in the Fort Lauderdale area that I could stay with, I will choose to spend my time here. The Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort is a little slice of heaven.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a birds eye view of ocean!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We highly recommend this property if you have pets and/or kids. Ocean 1 & 2 (suites) share a private fenced in area perfect for the whole family. We enjoyed the beautiful sunrises at our "home away from home." The beach is manicured each day. It is safe and clean to swim in the ocean. Take a dip in the pool after a day at the beach, you'll be glad you did. For an extra treat, go to Houston's Restaurant (a nice walk, approximately 1 mile), over looking the Intracoastal. You'll enjoy delicious food, great beverages, and charming atmosphere as guests arrive and depart from their yachts. Take a tour of the Ebb Tide Resort property before you leave and you'll want to stay again and again. Thank you Susan & the entire Ebb Tide Resort Team for making us feel appreciated and safe. Cheers! Kimberly M. & Paul A., Orlando, Florida

Room Tip: We recommend booking a room with a direct water view for the best first time experience.
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at the Ebb Tide Resort for 3 nights in early June. I was visiting my brother who lives nearby and decided to make it a real vacation, staying part of the time with family and part at the Ebb Tide. I had already scoped it out on the internet, Trip Advisor first, and then on to the Ebb Tide's website (which has an awesome webcam!) and Google Maps. It was everything I predicted and more. First, the price was right. I was able to get a room on the ground floor directly facing the ocean, which was exactly what I needed to relax. I was also taking a break from my job and preparing to go to another one, so the interlude of stress-reduction was well appreciated! Having a kitchen was the icing on the cake, as my sister in law and I went to Publix nearby and got a bunch of snack food and fried chicken which lasted through the whole trip. We never ate out, ordered pizza one night and had fish & chips from the Briny Street Pub (delicious) to go for another because we just didn't want to leave this wonderful place! The pool was great, the tables and chairs in front of my room were wonderful, and all of the guests were pleasant and nice! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 30 was wonderful. All the rooms looked great as far as I could see, but I wanted a direct ocean...