“Excellent, excellent, excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland
“Excellent, excellent, excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

What a fantastic resort!!!! We stayed in the Sabal Palm building and it was extremely clean. At any given moment, there was at least one staff member cleaning the windows, the elevator, the floor, vacuuming the pools, etc. Thats a good thing to see on vacation!! The room we stayed in was clean and we didnt have any problems other than a leaky faucet, the shower drain was slow, and wireless internet didn't work that good - not a big deal. There is a FANTASTIC fitness center in the building where you check in. It was like a mini gym! We loved the staff!! They were very helpful and had a good sense of humor. The guy at the check-in counter was hilarious! He made checking into the resort a fun experience. And when we needed towels, even at 9:00 at night, housekeeping delivered them almost immediately. It's a 15 minute drive to the beach, but since you can park and play at the other Wyndham resorts its not even much of an inconvenience. Its super easy to drive to the beachfront resorts too, you just take Atlantic Blvd to A1A, turn left or right depending on which resort you want to go to, and either resort is less than a mile down the road. I would recommend this resort to anyone who doesn't mind not staying directly on the beach. Overall, it was a great experience!!!! I would go again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We traveled to the Palm Aire from Aug 2-9, we were nine all together, adults, kids and college age, we had 2 units in the Areca Bld. The units were large and renovated, granite counter tops, large soaking tub in the master and a huge balcony that had 3 sliders.

Our kids loved the pool and water slide, there was never a problem getting a lounger and finding a place to relax. The pool bar was in easy walking distance. There was no problem bringing a small cooler to the pool with your own drinks.

The activity center was a plus for the kids, kept them buy when they did not want to be in the sun anymore, mini golf kept them busy for hours.

The ability to use the sister resort on the beach was fantastic. There is a parking garage right on site, we never had a problem parking 2 cars. The pools area is adequate and a nice change after spending time on the beach. We rented lounge chairs and an umbrella from the company right on the beach from the resort. It was 75.00 for the week for 2 chairs and the umbrella, was well worth the price, needed the shade from the FL sun! We also rented JET SKI'S from the same company and it was very safe and reliable.

Had some great meals at restaurants on the inter-coastal , ARUBA BEACH, and 15th STREET FISHERMAN, both had live music and atmosphere. Aruba was more expensive but had great!!!!! seafood and large portions.

All in all we had a great time, if you have any questions send me a message and I would be glad to help.

I have more pics if you want to see let me know.

Enjoy

Ken

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Thank you Wyndham for Building such a great site. What a pool, especially at night. Talk about kid friendly! The slide ! The baby pool...Oh did I forget the other THREE pools, not to mention the allowance of using the other three sister Wyndham resorts of which the Royal Vista right on the beach!! Your staff were exceptional. The two bedroom unit? Nothing short than WOW!! Jacuzzi in both rooms at what you call the old building. AAhhhh Now thats what I call a room. Tiled floors....I changed my room so I could be closer to the main pool for the kids sake. I wa given the seventh floor with a spectacular view of the pool and more!! I should have stayed in the original simply because I love tiled floors. The fully equipped kitchen was missing one pot. I called for it. IT was 10 pm and they brought me a brand new one within 5 minutes. I can now understand why you were so booked... What was funny though that you could never tell that was the case.. The activity room for the little ones with games, Wii, And A THEATER! Was perfect...... So what was wrong??? Simple....You need to add two full sit down restaurants and one buffet style type or hamburger and hot dog, BBQ restaurant. Again, Thank you for bringing the best out of my kids....Even my two year old was treated like a king.....Defintely a 10! Thank you VS and the FUN SQUAD

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

My family are Wyndham owners and this was the first time we booked our vacation with Wyndham. Since we booked, the staff have been so friendly with answering our questions, giving us suggestions before we even got there. They told us over the phone 'they can't wait for us to be here.'
(10 mins driving from FLL airport) We arrived hours before check in time, but the staff didn't make it a problem, they had a room available and allowed us to check in. The resort is gated with security at the entrance 24 hours, the environment was very clean, nice landscaping, comfortable, etc. Our room included all appliances, and eco-friendly toiletries.
The stay was wonderful, there are daily activities within the resort for kids and the whole family. The pool was great, we only hung out at the Sable pool which included the cafe/bar, a kiddie pool, slide, and a volley ball net. After dark, the pool is lit up with neon lights inside the water that looks pretty.
The only small disappointment was the location/area, there is a Walmart and Ruby Tuesday across the street, and a gas station next to the resort. The area is not filled with too many things to do, besides the pool, daily resort activities, and hopping to the sister Wyndham beach hotel. But our primary goal was to relax, and get away from the day to day city life and I'd say we definitely accomplished this with the help of Wyndham. Everything went smooth, from start to finish, super friendly staff, and such a comfy stay that made everyone feel like home.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband was golfing in a tournament with some friends, and the man that organized the golf tournament also organized our lodgings, restaurants, etc. We decided to share a 2 bdrm suite with our friends in order to save expenses.

The resort is very large, and we had no idea what any of the rooms looked like. We were given our suite in the Areca Palm building. That is important to note, as we saw a suite in another building, and altho very nice, not as nice as ours.

We arrived first, and stood in the entrance awe struck. What a beautiful suite we had. Two large bedrooms, two large bathrooms, full ktichen with pantry, built in dishwasher, built in micro, granite counter tops, living room with chairs and couch, wrap around balcony, and a table and chairs that would seat 6. The master bedroom had one king bed, jazuzzi tub, shower, etc. We let our friends have that one. Our bedroom had 2 double beds, and tub/shower combo. Large vanity sink.

This suite was like a condo, and I could have lived there forever. Our room was at the end of the hall, and we heard absolutely no noise. They gave us ample supply of towels and beach towels as well.

The rooms are decorated in a simple decor, with yellow walls, and pattern drapes. All very tasteful. Our suite was in perfect condition. Very clean, everything in working order. I'm extremely fussy and this pleased me. As my husband said, if I'm pleased then it h as to be of high standards.

The resort has several pools, and one is a children pool. We spent some time at the adult pool and there were some children, and no one objected. I was going to, since there is a pool for kids, but decided to let it go. We did spend some time at the children pool because we had some kids in our group. All the pools seem to be well maintained and a lot of fun.

The grounds are beautiful, altho being summer makes a difference. Parking was fairly convenient. They have some underground parking and also parking lots. The registration is in Royal Palm and if you need anything you must go over there. Our building was only lodging. There are many grocery stores in the area, and a Blockbuster was right across the street. The Isle Casino is across the street and several of us went over there and had a good time.

Is there anything bad about this resort? Absolutely not! If you have any questions you can email direct at basha417@yahoo.com

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

Booked the trip through Wyndham office located in Orlando.- they matched Expedia price of $79 per room per night- though at first they were going to charge me $159 a night- then I mentioned Expedia's price and they matched it. I asked for a pool view and the guy taking the reservation said he would see what he could do. When we got there they said they had a deluxe room. Turned out they put us in the Royal Palm building (oldest of the 4 buildings) with a great view of the parking lot. The room we got needs updating badly. As soon as I got in I emailed the guy who took my reservation and asked for a better room. He emailed back that he talked with the front desk person and there were no other rooms available (yeah, right). I emailed him back and asked if we could upgrade to their Wyndham Santa Barbara a couple of miles away and I would be willing to pay for the upgrade but I never heard from him. If you book this hotel specify that you do not want the ROYAL PALM BUILDING- demand that they put you in the newer, cleaner and better appointed 10 story buildings!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed at this resort 6/21 to 6/28/09. I was extremely nervous after reading so many negatives reviews. I'm happy to say we had a terrific time. We were a party of 6 with three one BR units. Fortunately we all stayed in the Areca Building which has recently been renovated. What beautiful units. All appliances were brand new. The rooms are comfy, the unit spotlessly clean and NO bed bugs.
One complaint was the amount of time it took to get our units. Two were ready by 5:30; but one was not done until 7pm. IMO that's unacceptable.
All the staff we encounterd were very friendly and went out of there way to help and make us feel welcome.
We missed being on the beach; but did travel to Ft. Lauderdale. We did check out the Royal Vista; but was not impressed at all with the resort nor the beach and did not stay long.

Restaurant suggestion - If you like Italian don't miss going to Rotelli's which is located in the shopping center across the street where the Winn Dixie is.
Food was awesome -service superb. They do serve beer and wine; but no mixed drinks.
The six of us enjoyed our dinner so much; we went twice. Don't miss it!!
Casino was fun - food buffet so/so. We got there late not realizing it closes at 9; we were rushed through dinner and was not worth the full price we paid.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Palm Aire. I would go back; but prefer resorts on the beach.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!