“Its a mixed bag...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Its a mixed bag...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I wanted to do a "Pros and Cons" review of this resort, but I decided just to share my personal experience. Check-in is at 4pm (really...?) BUT I checked in at 10am just for a place to put my bags, and they had a room ready. When I first called I spoke to a woman who sounded like she had no desire to be there let alone pick up the phone. I already got a bad impression. I check-in and was told to speak to the concierge about vacation ownership and a free gift. Sounded real simple and they said the seminar was 1 1/2hr TOPS. Well... I'll get to that later. I arrived at the room (Royal Palms 2br suite across the street from the main building), and despite the bad reviews its gotten, I actually found it to be very nice. The rooms are very spacious, and had everything I needed for almost a week stay including kitchen supplies. My only complaint was the upkeep. The AC's were old and loud. The sliding doors to the balconies were ALL broken in some way. Some of them just needed bolts tightened. The pool is small but secluded and quiet. I spent most of my time there instead of the main pool. It was located away from any rooms so they typically left you alone at night to go swimming whenever you wanted. I liked that. I checked out the pool bar and the bartender (Mitch) was everything a bartender SHOULD be. He was social, funny, and he recommended new and different types of drinks. Even his own creations. He was also very helpful and informative. They chose a good bartender and would do well to keep him there. Prices are fair, I'm including everything from the room price, the bar, and the cafe. The food from the cafe was very good. The area around the resort was nice, everything you could possibly need for a long stay. Theres a casino across the street that wasnt bad.Overall I enjoyed my stay here, it was nice, would I stay here again? It probably wont be on my list of "must returns"

Now for the nightmare review... the vacation ownership presentation. They will soften you up with a "free 7 day stay at any Wyndham worldwide" gift which SOUNDS nice but if I could do it all over again, its not worth it whatsoever. They will want a $20 deposit and set up an appointment for you to attend a group presentation. You'll attend a slideshow presentation with a speaker who sounds like hes done this 9,459,390,875 times before you. He will use his own personal family experiences and tragedies as a SELLING POINT only. Then, when they get you all alone, they will tell you not to waste their time if your not interested in buying, and then proceed to interrogate if "you want to learn more". They dont want to TEACH you more, they want you to start signing things. They will hit you with the "no pressure" and the "dont confuse their passion for their jobs with their pressure" excuses. The woman I had threw a bunch of numbers around and eventually confused herself to the point where she brought in the big guns. The managers. This dude was invasive and rude. Analyzing my salary and what I make and what I do for a living and trying to convince me that i SHOULD afford this. Finally I had to cut it short, the pressure was ridiculous. I've always been interested in a timeshare or a vacation ownership, and I might've looked further into it had they not been so unprofessional and pushy. Wyndham and other resorts should REALLY pick a better time and place to do this kind of salesman antic. Not on peoples vacations, pressuring them to the point they feel uncomfortable. They either need a new team, or a new procedure. They come off as blood thirsty animals.

Lastly, make sure you stop and check out Pompano Beach waterfront restaurants. They have alot of good restaurants right by the water. And a fishing pier to take a walk down.

Room Tip: I've seen alot of negative reviews about the Royal Palms. Although it doesnt have the best view...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Your feedback is very important, and we are going to look into the items you mentioned right away. Thanks for mentioning the staff. We love our guests and are happy that Mitch made you feel welcome! Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope that you will be able to visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was totally the misled by the concierge staff upon check-in regarding the purpose of the presentation. I was told it was an informational presentation for RCI owners. That being said when I just closed my displeasure to the sales staff… I was treated very inappropriately! I had to ask over and over and over again just to get my $20 back. Instead of complying with my request, another high-pitched management representative came over to not only question me but interrogate me as to my intentions on coming on a sales presentation. They were very rude when they figured out that I was not here to buy. Just beware!! Would not recommend this company to anyone. High pressure sales pitch. I own two time shares of never been treated like this buy it for sale stuff. Buyer beware!

• Stayed August 2014
Joseph L, Asst. Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Your experience was not the norm for our property. We are really sorry that you didn't have a positive check-in experience and do hope that you will give us a chance to make it up. We always appreciate guest feedback and will look into the items you mentioned asap. Thank you for your review and hope that you will give Wyndham Palm-Aire another chance.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

this is a really great timeshare resort and for the money you can't beat it. went down here to visit some friends. the rooms are good size as expected and the staff very helpful. As usual the wyndham properties are always nice.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom sleeps 8
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Steve C,
Thanks for the 5-star review! Knowing that our guests are happy is the most important thing to us. We truly love our guests and are so pleased that you choose The Wyndham Palm-Aire Resort for your vacation. Can't wait to see you again!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

we was four days in the hotel we was happy and confort.the staff there is very nice,the rooms is big and clean.the building is very quite.you have in the apartment everything you need.the kitchen have all staff.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carlos P,
Thanks so much for staying with us. We strive to make every guest experience memorable and to thank us for the memories really means a lot. Thanks for your review, and we hope that you can come visit us again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a great family friendly resort. It's not right on the beach but only a 10 minute drive to the sister Wyndham on Pompano Beach (or you can reserve the shuttle). My 21 month old loved the kiddie pool that gradually gets deeper like the ocean. There's a play ground and mini golf along with an activity room. They try to sell you on a time share (which my sister in law has here) but if you watch the video you get a free ticket to some show. The spa is very nice as well. Had a body wrap and 90 min massage. Both people were great. There are lots of kids here and that might be a turn off for couples without kids. We liked it tho. There's always something to do to keep the kids busy. Only 4 stars instead of 5 because of the pressure to buy a time share.

Stayed August 2014
Dear RDubs2014,
Guests staying in any Wyndham property deserve the very best service and amenities. We're so happy that you noticed! With room types that include one, two, and four bedroom apartments with full kitchens, it's easy to accommodate a large party. We hope that you and your family come visit us again soon. You're always very welcome!
Loudon, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We are Wyndham Owners and have stayed at several different Wyndham locations. When we checked in the reception staff was very nice and tried to get us a room with a washer/dryer. Not all rooms have them. They were not able to do that. They also tried to get us closer to the pool. They were not able to do that. Still, they were very nice. When we did check into our room right away it was clear that the rooms were not of the quality we were used to with other Wyndham properties. There was a huge hole in the wall behind the door where the door handle had been driven into the wall. There was a kitchen drawer that was off track. One tub had some repair done with terrible caulk work. The places in the tub were rough. A good handy man could have smoothed that caulk over. There were several places in the tub so I am unclear as to why they wouldn't just replace it. The grout in the showers were less than desirable but not really terrible. The air conditioner in the living room clogged up outside. It was leaking water in the living room on the carpet and the carpet was soaked. Fortunately my family is knowledgeable about those things and was able to go outside and unclog it. Sadly it was too late for the carpet, it had soured. I didn't enjoy getting in the main pool. It seemed murky. Maybe from too much suntan lotion. However, my son totally enjoyed the water slide. There was a Tiki bar beside the pool. They made some great non-alcoholic smoothies! The café near the pool had great cheese sticks, pizza and potato skins. The portions were fabulous and the prices were reasonable. There was a gentleman walking around handing out his number and asking if he could do anything more to accommodate our stay. I feel like he was very sincere. All in all this is a lovely property. I just think I expected more after experiencing other Wyndham properties.

Room Tip: They were dredge pumping a lake on the property and we had to listen to this noise the entire day...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. We know that guest tastes and preferences may vary but kindness is always valued. Our guests really are family and we try to treat them as such. Sorry to hear you experienced some maintenance difficulties during your stay. This is certainly not our Wyndham standards. We will have our maintenance team look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so. Thank you!
Louisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the good. The rooms were well above what we expected. Great activities for my teenage daughters. The pools were great the sable pool is a little busier due to the bar and slide that's located there. Now, let's talk about the front desk. I needed the resort manager when I arrived due to a mix up with my reservation I left my number and my husbands number to be notified by Joe, never heard from him. The front desk personnel (day shift) very rude. The worse was Sandra I couldn't get a word in edge wise. She kept cutting me off, I'm sorry I thought I was a customer. The night shift personnel very nice and willing to please. The night auditor guy in general not sure what's his name. Other than the horrible customer service I encountered it was a nice, clean resort. I'm still waiting ti hear from Joe and I was there from 7-21 until 7-27. I'll keep you posted when I hear from him.

• Stayed July 2014
We are so disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!