“Beware of the sales presentation!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Beware of the sales presentation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I was totally the misled by the concierge staff upon check-in regarding the purpose of the presentation. I was told it was an informational presentation for RCI owners. That being said when I just closed my displeasure to the sales staff… I was treated very inappropriately! I had to ask over and over and over again just to get my $20 back. Instead of complying with my request, another high-pitched management representative came over to not only question me but interrogate me as to my intentions on coming on a sales presentation. They were very rude when they figured out that I was not here to buy. Just beware!! Would not recommend this company to anyone. High pressure sales pitch. I own two time shares of never been treated like this buy it for sale stuff. Buyer beware!

• Stayed August 2014
Joseph L, Asst. Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Your experience was not the norm for our property. We are really sorry that you didn't have a positive check-in experience and do hope that you will give us a chance to make it up. We always appreciate guest feedback and will look into the items you mentioned asap. Thank you for your review and hope that you will give Wyndham Palm-Aire another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

this is a really great timeshare resort and for the money you can't beat it. went down here to visit some friends. the rooms are good size as expected and the staff very helpful. As usual the wyndham properties are always nice.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom sleeps 8
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Dear Steve C,
Thanks for the 5-star review! Knowing that our guests are happy is the most important thing to us. We truly love our guests and are so pleased that you choose The Wyndham Palm-Aire Resort for your vacation. Can't wait to see you again!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

we was four days in the hotel we was happy and confort.the staff there is very nice,the rooms is big and clean.the building is very quite.you have in the apartment everything you need.the kitchen have all staff.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carlos P,
Thanks so much for staying with us. We strive to make every guest experience memorable and to thank us for the memories really means a lot. Thanks for your review, and we hope that you can come visit us again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a great family friendly resort. It's not right on the beach but only a 10 minute drive to the sister Wyndham on Pompano Beach (or you can reserve the shuttle). My 21 month old loved the kiddie pool that gradually gets deeper like the ocean. There's a play ground and mini golf along with an activity room. They try to sell you on a time share (which my sister in law has here) but if you watch the video you get a free ticket to some show. The spa is very nice as well. Had a body wrap and 90 min massage. Both people were great. There are lots of kids here and that might be a turn off for couples without kids. We liked it tho. There's always something to do to keep the kids busy. Only 4 stars instead of 5 because of the pressure to buy a time share.

Stayed August 2014
Dear RDubs2014,
Guests staying in any Wyndham property deserve the very best service and amenities. We're so happy that you noticed! With room types that include one, two, and four bedroom apartments with full kitchens, it's easy to accommodate a large party. We hope that you and your family come visit us again soon. You're always very welcome!
Loudon, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We are Wyndham Owners and have stayed at several different Wyndham locations. When we checked in the reception staff was very nice and tried to get us a room with a washer/dryer. Not all rooms have them. They were not able to do that. They also tried to get us closer to the pool. They were not able to do that. Still, they were very nice. When we did check into our room right away it was clear that the rooms were not of the quality we were used to with other Wyndham properties. There was a huge hole in the wall behind the door where the door handle had been driven into the wall. There was a kitchen drawer that was off track. One tub had some repair done with terrible caulk work. The places in the tub were rough. A good handy man could have smoothed that caulk over. There were several places in the tub so I am unclear as to why they wouldn't just replace it. The grout in the showers were less than desirable but not really terrible. The air conditioner in the living room clogged up outside. It was leaking water in the living room on the carpet and the carpet was soaked. Fortunately my family is knowledgeable about those things and was able to go outside and unclog it. Sadly it was too late for the carpet, it had soured. I didn't enjoy getting in the main pool. It seemed murky. Maybe from too much suntan lotion. However, my son totally enjoyed the water slide. There was a Tiki bar beside the pool. They made some great non-alcoholic smoothies! The café near the pool had great cheese sticks, pizza and potato skins. The portions were fabulous and the prices were reasonable. There was a gentleman walking around handing out his number and asking if he could do anything more to accommodate our stay. I feel like he was very sincere. All in all this is a lovely property. I just think I expected more after experiencing other Wyndham properties.

Room Tip: They were dredge pumping a lake on the property and we had to listen to this noise the entire day...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. We know that guest tastes and preferences may vary but kindness is always valued. Our guests really are family and we try to treat them as such. Sorry to hear you experienced some maintenance difficulties during your stay. This is certainly not our Wyndham standards. We will have our maintenance team look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so. Thank you!
Louisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'll start with the good. The rooms were well above what we expected. Great activities for my teenage daughters. The pools were great the sable pool is a little busier due to the bar and slide that's located there. Now, let's talk about the front desk. I needed the resort manager when I arrived due to a mix up with my reservation I left my number and my husbands number to be notified by Joe, never heard from him. The front desk personnel (day shift) very rude. The worse was Sandra I couldn't get a word in edge wise. She kept cutting me off, I'm sorry I thought I was a customer. The night shift personnel very nice and willing to please. The night auditor guy in general not sure what's his name. Other than the horrible customer service I encountered it was a nice, clean resort. I'm still waiting ti hear from Joe and I was there from 7-21 until 7-27. I'll keep you posted when I hear from him.

• Stayed July 2014
We are so disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

2nd time staying here...staff is wonderful...resort is nice & well maintained. Rooms are equal to or better than all the other Wyndhams we have stayed at over the years. We use the beach access at the Wyndham about 5 miles away. The facility itself is probably my favorite so far and we have been owners for over 10years. It would be absolutely PERFECT if it was located on the beach, but doesn't stop my family from driving 11+ hours to vacation here! :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We're extremely glad that you stayed here too, and we hope that next time you can stay with us for longer. Thanks so much for your review and recommendation. We always appreciate it! Take care, Palm-Aire Resort

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!