“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off Discount
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Loudon, Tennessee
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We are Wyndham Owners and have stayed at several different Wyndham locations. When we checked in the reception staff was very nice and tried to get us a room with a washer/dryer. Not all rooms have them. They were not able to do that. They also tried to get us closer to the pool. They were not able to do that. Still, they were very nice. When we did check into our room right away it was clear that the rooms were not of the quality we were used to with other Wyndham properties. There was a huge hole in the wall behind the door where the door handle had been driven into the wall. There was a kitchen drawer that was off track. One tub had some repair done with terrible caulk work. The places in the tub were rough. A good handy man could have smoothed that caulk over. There were several places in the tub so I am unclear as to why they wouldn't just replace it. The grout in the showers were less than desirable but not really terrible. The air conditioner in the living room clogged up outside. It was leaking water in the living room on the carpet and the carpet was soaked. Fortunately my family is knowledgeable about those things and was able to go outside and unclog it. Sadly it was too late for the carpet, it had soured. I didn't enjoy getting in the main pool. It seemed murky. Maybe from too much suntan lotion. However, my son totally enjoyed the water slide. There was a Tiki bar beside the pool. They made some great non-alcoholic smoothies! The café near the pool had great cheese sticks, pizza and potato skins. The portions were fabulous and the prices were reasonable. There was a gentleman walking around handing out his number and asking if he could do anything more to accommodate our stay. I feel like he was very sincere. All in all this is a lovely property. I just think I expected more after experiencing other Wyndham properties.

Room Tip: They were dredge pumping a lake on the property and we had to listen to this noise the entire day...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Louisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the good. The rooms were well above what we expected. Great activities for my teenage daughters. The pools were great the sable pool is a little busier due to the bar and slide that's located there. Now, let's talk about the front desk. I needed the resort manager when I arrived due to a mix up with my reservation I left my number and my husbands number to be notified by Joe, never heard from him. The front desk personnel (day shift) very rude. The worse was Sandra I couldn't get a word in edge wise. She kept cutting me off, I'm sorry I thought I was a customer. The night shift personnel very nice and willing to please. The night auditor guy in general not sure what's his name. Other than the horrible customer service I encountered it was a nice, clean resort. I'm still waiting ti hear from Joe and I was there from 7-21 until 7-27. I'll keep you posted when I hear from him.

• Stayed July 2014
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

2nd time staying here...staff is wonderful...resort is nice & well maintained. Rooms are equal to or better than all the other Wyndhams we have stayed at over the years. We use the beach access at the Wyndham about 5 miles away. The facility itself is probably my favorite so far and we have been owners for over 10years. It would be absolutely PERFECT if it was located on the beach, but doesn't stop my family from driving 11+ hours to vacation here! :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was an RCI timeshare exchange for us. We mostly wanted to go to the beach as we don't golf. We were very happy with the Palm-Aire. The rooms were large. The kitchen huge with Cuisinart appliances. Nice linens and towels; pool towels and shampoos/conditioners provided. Free in-room Wi-Fi. Great pool, specially for kids. Live music at the outdoor bar by the pool gives this a real "resort" atmosphere. Free putt-putt golf. Spa on site. We had a rental car and drove to the public beaches at Pompano and Fort Lauderdale which was great. There is also a beachfront sister resort which we were free to use. All very nice.

Room Tip: It's probably quieter not in the buildings near the big pool. The resort is very big and it was...
Los Angeles,Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this resort from7/5-7/16. It was a great experience. The grounds were well kept, staff very friendly and unit spotless. We are a family of 5, had a 2 bedroom with more than enough room. We stayed in the Sabel building with the main pool, which was very convent inset as it was almost impossible to get our kids out of the pool. Everyone we encountered could not have been nicer. Everything from check in to check out was as smooth as silk. As for the area, it had everything you needed close by. We had a rental, so we drove everywhere. We weren't harassed by anyone as some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It wasn't a tourist area but it wasn't horrible either. We were out of the resort daily going to Walmart, and several fast food and family restaurants. As for the beach, it was a at least a 20 minute drive, but well worth it. The beaches nearby were very nice. To get to South Beach, that was a 35-40 minute drive. Watch those tolls on the freeways, they can add up quickly. Overall, we enjoyed our time here very much and look forward to going back again one day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mt Pleasant, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We are Wyndham timeshare owners and stayed at the Palm Aire several times last winter and spring. The units are large, comfortable, clean, well supplied with high end appliances, dishes,etc. We ended up in the Queen bldg one time and did NOT like that bldg at all. Dark, motel like, but on the golf course if that is your thing. We were moved the next day, so we were well taken care off. The pools are beautiful, lots of daily activities, Hawaiian dancer show once a week, poker night, etc. we found the front desk people generally very accommodating and helpful. We have stYed at the other 3 Wyndham resorts in Pompano Beach and even tho this resort is not on the water, this is by far our favorite. They do have a daily shuttle to the beach however.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, lower level, if available. Our personal favorite bldg is the Sable.
Green Features: They provide recycle bags and bins. I must admit the "lazy" lighting somewhat annoying.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for four days last week and loved our room. It was recently renovated and was modern and huge. We also loved the pools and property. However, we were disappointed at how far we are from the beach. It took 15-25 minutes depending on traffic to get there. I was planning on taking the shuttle more, but learned it doesn't go back and forth all day. You can only take it in the morning at 9:30 or 10:30 and return at 2pm. I don't understand why it couldn't run every hour or at least every other hour so you have more options for going and returning. The only other thing I didn't like was the gym only had 4 treadmills so there was often a wait in the morning. The rest of the gym was huge and had tons of weights and things but not enough cardio.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!