“Nice rooms and pools” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisburg, North Carolina
“Nice rooms and pools”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'll start with the good. The rooms were well above what we expected. Great activities for my teenage daughters. The pools were great the sable pool is a little busier due to the bar and slide that's located there. Now, let's talk about the front desk. I needed the resort manager when I arrived due to a mix up with my reservation I left my number and my husbands number to be notified by Joe, never heard from him. The front desk personnel (day shift) very rude. The worse was Sandra I couldn't get a word in edge wise. She kept cutting me off, I'm sorry I thought I was a customer. The night shift personnel very nice and willing to please. The night auditor guy in general not sure what's his name. Other than the horrible customer service I encountered it was a nice, clean resort. I'm still waiting ti hear from Joe and I was there from 7-21 until 7-27. I'll keep you posted when I hear from him.

• Stayed July 2014
Joseph L, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
We are so disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

2nd time staying here...staff is wonderful...resort is nice & well maintained. Rooms are equal to or better than all the other Wyndhams we have stayed at over the years. We use the beach access at the Wyndham about 5 miles away. The facility itself is probably my favorite so far and we have been owners for over 10years. It would be absolutely PERFECT if it was located on the beach, but doesn't stop my family from driving 11+ hours to vacation here! :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We're extremely glad that you stayed here too, and we hope that next time you can stay with us for longer. Thanks so much for your review and recommendation. We always appreciate it! Take care, Palm-Aire Resort
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was an RCI timeshare exchange for us. We mostly wanted to go to the beach as we don't golf. We were very happy with the Palm-Aire. The rooms were large. The kitchen huge with Cuisinart appliances. Nice linens and towels; pool towels and shampoos/conditioners provided. Free in-room Wi-Fi. Great pool, specially for kids. Live music at the outdoor bar by the pool gives this a real "resort" atmosphere. Free putt-putt golf. Spa on site. We had a rental car and drove to the public beaches at Pompano and Fort Lauderdale which was great. There is also a beachfront sister resort which we were free to use. All very nice.

Room Tip: It's probably quieter not in the buildings near the big pool. The resort is very big and it was...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this great feedback ! This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.
Los Angeles,Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this resort from7/5-7/16. It was a great experience. The grounds were well kept, staff very friendly and unit spotless. We are a family of 5, had a 2 bedroom with more than enough room. We stayed in the Sabel building with the main pool, which was very convent inset as it was almost impossible to get our kids out of the pool. Everyone we encountered could not have been nicer. Everything from check in to check out was as smooth as silk. As for the area, it had everything you needed close by. We had a rental, so we drove everywhere. We weren't harassed by anyone as some of the other reviewers have mentioned. It wasn't a tourist area but it wasn't horrible either. We were out of the resort daily going to Walmart, and several fast food and family restaurants. As for the beach, it was a at least a 20 minute drive, but well worth it. The beaches nearby were very nice. To get to South Beach, that was a 35-40 minute drive. Watch those tolls on the freeways, they can add up quickly. Overall, we enjoyed our time here very much and look forward to going back again one day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for making Palm-Aire your top choice for a family vacation! That really means a lot to us, and we hope that you'll be able to visit us very often. The staff are great. Guests feel welcome because the staff really do love the guests, and we're happy that shows through. Thank you for also mentioning the cleanliness of the units and the pristine grounds, we work very hard to keep everything in tip-top shape for our guests!
Mt Pleasant, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We are Wyndham timeshare owners and stayed at the Palm Aire several times last winter and spring. The units are large, comfortable, clean, well supplied with high end appliances, dishes,etc. We ended up in the Queen bldg one time and did NOT like that bldg at all. Dark, motel like, but on the golf course if that is your thing. We were moved the next day, so we were well taken care off. The pools are beautiful, lots of daily activities, Hawaiian dancer show once a week, poker night, etc. we found the front desk people generally very accommodating and helpful. We have stYed at the other 3 Wyndham resorts in Pompano Beach and even tho this resort is not on the water, this is by far our favorite. They do have a daily shuttle to the beach however.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view, lower level, if available. Our personal favorite bldg is the Sable.
Green Features: They provide recycle bags and bins. I must admit the "lazy" lighting somewhat annoying.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for visiting, we hope that you can come visit us again very soon! Thank you for the suggestions too. We are always working to improve and we always appreciate guest feedback. Take care, Palm-Aire Resort
Athens, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for four days last week and loved our room. It was recently renovated and was modern and huge. We also loved the pools and property. However, we were disappointed at how far we are from the beach. It took 15-25 minutes depending on traffic to get there. I was planning on taking the shuttle more, but learned it doesn't go back and forth all day. You can only take it in the morning at 9:30 or 10:30 and return at 2pm. I don't understand why it couldn't run every hour or at least every other hour so you have more options for going and returning. The only other thing I didn't like was the gym only had 4 treadmills so there was often a wait in the morning. The rest of the gym was huge and had tons of weights and things but not enough cardio.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve and really appreciate the feedback on our gym facilities.
Although Palm-Aire is not located directly on the beach, as a guest of Palm-Aire you our welcome to visit our other Wyndham beach properties- Sea Gardens, Royal Vista and Santa Barbara! We even give you a pass to park there! We hope that you're able to visit us again soon. Take care, Palm-Aire Resort
Elkin NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family of 6 stayed in a two bedroom unit in late June. We are RCI members so it was a time share trade. Check in was very slow, lobby was a bit chaotic due to one elevator being broken and many people complaining. Once we were checked in we were put in a 5th floor room in the building adjacent to the main building overlooking the main pool.
The room itself was pretty good and very large. I can overlook pulled carpet and some minor housekeeping issues. Beds & bathrooms were clean. Complaint would be that there was no mattress cover for the pull out couch. The one provided was for a twin and after several calls to front desk we were told the twin size fit the full size couch? We made do with an extra bottom sheet. The kitchen had absolutely everything you could ask for, very well stocked. We had plenty of towels and when we asked for additional laundry soap it was given with a smile. The two bedroom unit was great for the 6 of us and we had plenty of room.
The grounds were very well taken care of. Other than the pool. In the morning you could tell it was very clean but by noon after all the people swimming it was cloudy and by the afternoon it was gross. There was chunks of long hair floating in it, dirt/rocks/food etc. truly gross at the main pool. The pool by the spa with was used by less people was cleaner. Be warned that my little boys developed pink eye on last day of vacation. I attribute it to the pool.
My loving husband gave me a spa treat of a facial and massage. The massage itself was one of the best I have had and was at the level of many upper scale spa's I have had. The facial was good but after the massage I was already in heaven.
The gym was extensive. It included free weights, sauna and steam room which was quite enjoyable. The bar at main pool was a nice amenity and the restaurant by the pool had good food a prices you expect from a hotel. The games and recreation were mixed. A pool table was free to use and there was an xbox as well as board games to check out and arcade games. The resort offered several activities and we only went to the ice cream social but the kids didn't think what was offered was worth the price.
I read in other reviews that hotel staff were rude. I never once experienced a rude person. Everyone was helpful and even during the stressful check in (due to elevator out) they greeted with a smile and were extremely helpful.
The hotel is in away from beach and in a slightly industrial / lower part of town. Every day we were asked for money. This was at grocery store, gas station even when grabbing coffee. The hotel cannot do anything about this since it is outside their property but it is still worth mentioning because the pictures and property show beautifully but you need to know what is outside the gates and guard shack.

Room Tip: corner rooms are bright!!! If you are an early riser..perfect
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We hope that you'll give us another chance to earn a rave review. We are also looking into the other items you mentioned that need some improvement. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!