“Ok Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Ok Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed at this resort Dec 1-8th in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo on the 8th floor in the main building where you check in. The lady who checked us in was nice, were able to check in at 1pm instead of 4pm and gave us a room facing the main pool. Got kind of noisy at times, but tolerable. Would recommend this east facing room, to maximize the sun in morning and afternoon. The master king bed was quite comfortable, nice and firm. The other 2 beds in the other bedroom were doubles and not as firm. There is a hot tub in master but did not use. There is also a large glass enclosed shower, which could have been cleaned better. The toilet in the master was in a small closet size room by itself. The other bath was just off the dining room. Dining area had seating for 4. Kitchen had full appliances but lacking in a few utensils. Living room had sofa and 2 chairs...all in need of a good cleaning. 3 flatscreens were nice...need to ask at front desk for TV guide. Main issue was unit was not stocked with sufficient toilet paper, 2 rolls, for the whole week...nothing under the counters. Had to request more twice. The safe was locked from the previous occupant, which required 2 visits from maintenance to unlock. Wifi was decent, except for one occasion where we could not connect.
Dishwasher does not work too well. The main pool was nice, heated and salt water. Main hot tub was good temp and size. They had some activities and evening entertainment that was interesting. Security was good throughout the whole complex. Parking was more than adequate.
Numerous shopping for groceries and dining nearby. Casino across the street. Quick access to I95, to and from airport. About 20mins to beach and sister resort; shuttle available, but must be booked a day in advance. Overall the resort provides good value for families. Never felt pressured for timeshare presentation.

Room Tip: Main building facing the pool (east)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

524 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My room was amazing, 2 masters, looked pretty much as pictured and had everything you could want nice appliances a nice balcony, 3 flat screens, granite and both bedrooms were huge and nice equipped. No one bothered me about the time share presentation, the key to that is likely let them know that the other person is not traveling with you and then they seem to just do not try to get you to any sales pitches. I will remember that in the future. Great parking, right across from the Winn Dixie and some shops and the Isle Casino and Race Track. They have lots of activities for those that are interested. My wi fi worked perfectly 100%. I even was able to conduct business while here. Will definitely try to get in here again.

Room Tip: Try to get into the double suites they are fabulous and newly done.
Green Features: I am an environmental protection specialist retired, they do practice sustainable E choices, use Eco Friendly detergents and Recycle bags are here for you to use.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed at the Areca Building in one of the renovated rooms.

Pros:
- the decor was great as well as the appliances and the furniture.
- 1 bedroom lock off is huge which is awesome
- if you're a gambler, the Isle Casino is just outside the property (but you still need a car to get there)

Cons:
- location is nowhere near the beach or any of the other sister properties (concierge told us about 5-10 minutes away, it was more 20-30 minutes)
- looks like they rushed the reno of our unit like paint smudges on door handles/cupboards,plastics on the carpet edging --- normally this isn't a big deal but the worst part for us was the master bedroom toilet which screeched every time you flushed. The screeching went on for over 10 minutes after you flush so we ended up using the hallway bathroom instead (hopefully it's a minor fix so this problem goes away)
- gifts from the timeshare presentation were difficult to redeem --- we've sat through a lot of these and we go by the gift recommendations by the concierge. This time it was an epic fail so we lost half a day sitting through their owner upswell presentation for nothing. Not fully Wyndham's fault because the cruise company they recommended cancelled the dinner cruise at the last minute and their dinner voucher redemption is through dinningdough.com which is a pain in the [--] to search and make your redemption so we ended up paying out of pocket anyways
- restaurants close at 6pm!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the unit space and amenities made available during your stay. We are sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with maintenance issues in your unit. We also appreciate your feedback in regards to the renovation work that has been completed. Our goal is to provide satisfactory unit quality for all our guests. Please rest assured we will address these concerns moving forward to ensure we are offering the best units available to our guests and to avoid any future maintenance issues. Again, thanks for reaching out.
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

-It was easy to book over the phone.
-With the discount, average nightly rate was under $80 dollars.
-The Location is not on the beach, but I did not want to sacrifice comfort, cleanliness, and covered garage parking over having a beautiful view at other price comparable rundown beachfront properties.
-I could not afford to pay $100-$300+ a night at the night at the Beach Comber or Holiday Inn Resorts and the like. I chose this place for convenience of location, which complimented my trip which comprised of business and pleasure activities.
-Saving money elsewhere would take me further inland towards loud trains and freeway noise.
-I had a studio suite on the 4th floor with a balcony view of the street directly below where the main entrance is located. I could see the front corner of the parking garage and a partial view of the marina to the left. In front of me stood tropical foliage and hotels. To the right were the much larger beach hotels and a scant view of the ocean which was almost visible during the day.
-I Did not use the hot tub in the room and I did not pay to have daily maid services.
-The room was clean, and my bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels and the usual soaps and shampoos.
-The kitchen and other appliances are modern and updated. The counters were sticky and the floor was not sufficiently cleaned. Tiny sugar ants were everywhere on the counters, I could not find where they were coming from. A gecko somehow found it's way into my room as well.
-I could not be bothered with the issues concerning the pests. I chose not to complain because I didn't want to be switched to a worse room and have my family pack and unpack, go through the trouble of switching rooms, or smell bug sprays and chemicals, and possibly lose what little view we had. On the other hand we could have been moved to a one bedroom apartment upstairs, but not worth the hassle when some of us are on vacation.
-The concierge is sub par and fake. Choose another line of work if you cannot be even a little compassionate. One belonging to this trade should enjoy being hospitable. Corporate reads these reviews and should act accordingly to remove what is hurting their business, undeserving staff. Or at least educate them on proper hospitality.
-Another thing that was annoying, besides the front desk, was the second desk area "customer help, concierge, trip planning, time share trap meeting, coercing, and whatever else they tried to sell desk." Front desk herds you over to another line to speak to a person trying to get you to go to a time share meeting. I was tired from 9 hours of driving, all I wanted was to get to my room. I had to speak to this customer concierge person in order to get my parking pass and the blue wrist bands to use the sister hotel amenities. I had to stand there for 15 minutes and listen to this person try to haggle a time with myself and my family about times we were to show up to certain meetings. Please do not be tricked into wasting your vacation time here. It is not worth the boat ride or the free snacks. I declined everything and they still insisted, even after I told them I would be engaged during every one of their meeting hours. I wish these people were not so pushy. No is no.
-I stayed for 6 nights. My family bathes daily. I went to the front desk to ask for extra clean towels. They would only give me one set per day. We are two women and one man, and require at least two 2 large size towels per person. This young lady, not a manager, refused to give me any more than 3 large size towels, and 3 face towels. I thought this to be very funny, the rationing of the towels per day. I also asked for extra sugar for our coffee. I received 6 bundles of coffee creamer and sugars. That was fine I guess.
-I have stayed in much worse conditions. The parking garage was what made my stay. Free parking and my car covered from the elements and off the streets gave me peace of mind.
-Wifi is free also, and was slow but tolerable.
-I would stay here again because you cannot beat the price for what you get. Times are hard these days, you gotta save where you can.

Room Tip: For budget nice views... Ask for a room with marina views that face main entrance driveway. No nois...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked this resort as a result of a timeshare my parents have. The facilities are nice for a family with young kids - the pool is great with a slide, there are various activities, and it has a sister share by the beach, which we took advantage of once. The things that really take away from the resort is the staff and service. Literally, every encounter with the staff during our stay was met with attitude, indifference or just plain rudeness. We travel frequently and this was by far the most unpleasant, across the board staff/service we've seen. The staff never smiled when we encountered them either in the hallway or when we needed information, and the deli staff scowled or barked responses each and every time. It honestly took away from our whole stay, and I wouldn't want to stay here again other than the fact that the kids liked the pool. The location is also pretty inconvenient as whole, unless you're solely going to play golf nearby or go to the horse track. It takes a minimum of 20 minutes to the beach or Ft. Lauderdale, if there's no traffic (which is almost never).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Numerous problems with our suite in Areca Palm building. Overheard staff saying contractors had not signed off on rooms after renovation. Our bed collapsed the second night and it took 4 phone calls to get it fixed the next day. Toilet overflowed because we did not have a plunger in the suite. Maintenance unclogged it and used our towels to clean up overflow from floor. Called housekeeping to have the floor mopped. Housekeeper arrived and Sid she did not see any "poopie" on the floor and left. Floor was never sanitized! Following us a list of all issues we had:
Coffee maker timer broken
Ironing board cover missing
Broken soap dish
No trash can in kitchen
No hot water first night
Drain clogged in master shower
Safe wouldn't work due to bad batteries
Bed collapsed
Toilet overflowed
Floor not mopped after toilet overflowed
No carpet sweeper in unit
Dishwasher drain clogged
Room not ready when we arrived at 6 pm even though check in was at 4 pm
Garbage disposal not working properly
Room not ready for occupancy. Not properly inspected.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We sincerely apologize for the many issues you encountered during your stay including maintenance and cleanliness in the unit. We take the safety and satisfaction of a guest stay very seriously. Please rest assured that we are looking into this issue. We will be taking action to ensure that this not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have never written a review before but I feel I need to warn about the terrible service that received here. The check in was uneventful, we unpacked our bags and went grocery shopping. When we returned to our room to put away the groceries we discovered a huge cockroach infestation. Every time I opened a cupboard they scattered, it was disgusting!
The worst part was how they dealt with it. I called down to the desk and informed them of the problem and that we needed to be moved immediately so they didn't get into our luggage. They said they would send someone so we packed up all of our stuff and waited over an hour, at which point we called down again. They said they were busy and would send someone as soon as possible. We walked all the way to the main building to get a cart for our luggage and groceries so the bugs didn't get into them. a couple hours and several phone calls later we were finally assigned another room. No one came to help us move, so we hauled all of our stuff to a different building, only to discover that the room that they gave us didn't exist! I wish I was kidding but this is true.
I called to the front desk again and after waiting on hold AGAIN they said to come to the main desk to get it sorted out. So we hauled all of our stuff to the main building (groceries melting) and waited for yet another room assignment. Finally we got another room (which actually existed this time) but it was set to have renovations done part way through the week so 3 days later we had to pack everything up and move yet again. so 2 full days of our vacation were spent moving from building to building which was very disappointing.
What was most disappointing was how little they seemed to care and how unhelpful they were. I could have excused everything else if they had been more accommodating during the very frustrating experience. Im sure like all of the other posts they will respond with some contrite apology about how this was unfortunate but happens, but as far as im concerned bad staff is bad staff. Then they called everyday to get us to go to a timeshare presentation! Its too bad they weren't as concerned about our stay as they were abut trying to sell us a timeshare.

Room Tip: check cupboards for roaches before unpacking!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hi Tamara,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding the lack of Count On Me service at our resort. We take the safety and comfort of each guest very seriously. Please rest assured that we are looking into this issue and would be happy to further discuss your comments with you. Please email WVROnlineCare@wyn.com. Again, thank you for reaching out.

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!