“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stratford, Connecticut
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

stayed in the 2 bedroom style condo. Everything you need available including washer and dryer. Perfect for my purpose, was there to do work on a condo in Cypress Bend across the street.. wish it was vacation. Would see the folks by the pool wished I could join them. If you are looking for a reasonable priced vacation, and don't mind driving to the beach.. this is it. Go to the grocery store, fill the fridge, enjoy the pool, golf or casino across the stree.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wyndham palm aire is a timeshare that I was fortunate enough to use through a friend. The resort is just beautiful and the unit was nicely decorated!!! I stayed in the sable building in unit 438 a two bedroom two bathroom. It is facing a large pool with a water slide, jaccuzi and a 1 foot mini pool with water shooting down from it. Even though I was by the larger pool and expected lots of noise during the day it wasn't distrubing.There are numerous actives all day long, most of them for a fee. There is a gym, spa, activity room, golf, parking is included in your stay. However to pick up your parking pass this is where it becomes a bit tricky. Staff will try to get you to commit to a 90 mintues time share seminar or sales pitch.Which in my case ran three hours long. Even so I really love this place. The unit is very clean! It has all the kitchen basics you will need to get started during your stay. They provide enough toiletries, towels, washcloth and sheet during your stay. This is no hotel, housekeeping is done once a week! The staff is wonderful, any issues I had were resloved quickly.

• Stayed September 2013
Cocoa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was in Pompano for the Florida Poker Championship Event.
The property is was convenient (across the street but you will want to drive) to the Isle Casino.

Anyone giving this property more than a three does not travel much or is giving heavy weight to the amenities of the property, golf, pool and more.
And is traveling with family and on a budget.
Service was excellent which brings the score up.

The furniture, carpet, hallways etc. were clean but dated and a quality you would find in a 2 or 3 star hotel.

The grounds, pool and amenities were well kept and it seamed very family friendly and they had planned activities for those who are looking for those features.

Our room was a studio single the room was very large and had a very very nice kitchen with fridge and microwave and a pull out couch.
Making it very family or long stay friendly.
The room layout was poor.
The AC Unit was right next to the right side of the bed, was the old style in the wall type and even in height with the bed, so to cool the room the person on the right side will have to put up with the AC blowing right on them and the noise.
I had to put chairs between me and the unit and pillows to deflect the air.
The TV was positioned well if you watch from the living area on the couch but very far away from the bed, about 30 feet but it was a very nice large TV.

If I return to Pompano for another Poker Event I would travel the extra bit and stay on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at Wyndham palm aire. The rooms were huge. Our 2 girls shared a room with 2 queens and their own bathroom. We drove over to the ocean daily and could easily park at another Wyndham on the ocean or beside it. It was clean and everyone very friendly. We also enjoyed using the gym and the pool

• Stayed February 2013
Milford CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit on the 9th floor overlooking the big pool. I traveled with my husband and 2 older teenage daughters. The unit was spotless and spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. We were high enough so the noise from the pool did not bother us. We ate at the café one evening which was ok. As many other people indicated, there are plenty of stores around for food, etc... You definitely need a vehicle to get around. We were late checking in and Adam at the front desk was very pleasant. I am not a Wyndham owner however I exchanged through RCI. The concierge people were very helpful however I refused to go their meeting. I've been to too many of them and don't have 3 hours to waste on my vacation and I am not looking to change my timeshare &/or buy anymore. There is an outdoor bar and Mitch the bartender was very sociable. The beach is approximately 15 to 20 minutes away and we took advantage and parked at the Wyndham Resort on the beach. We also went on the Serenity Dinner Cruise which was enjoyable, took a trip to the Everglades, went to the casino and the Miami Seaquarium. The resort had plenty of activities going on (dancers, crafts, movie night, trivia) however we did not take advantage of these things. My only minor complaint was the elevator was right next to my bedroom and was a bit noisy. I wish this resort was located on the beach. Overall, had a great stay. We were there 8/9 - 8/16.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher level unit overlooking the big pool if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

From my last trip in 2009, there did not appear to be many improvements in infrastructure (not that anything was required). Most noteworthy was the establishment of the Concierge which insured we well informed of all the amenities available at Palm Aire as well as at neighboring Wyndham sites and other locations in Pompano.

My recommendations for improvement would be
1. Along the line of Safety. On my first day, I accidentally walked into the glass door in the apartment leading to the outer verandah or porch as the glas was so clean. Later that day, someone else also walked into the door. To avoid other guests being exposed to this hazard, it would be prudent on your part to put Wyndham stickers on ALL glass doors at your resort (as exists in the lobby). This would ensure the door is always visible (even when very clean).

2. Towels can be changed more regularly even without request (at least once during the week).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We enjoy palm aire, we've stayed on three occasions and each year they keep renovating it to make it better.

Nice pool, my three year old loved it.

Rooms are to wyndham standards, not the ritz , but on par with a Marriott .

The only downside is the area around the resort is sketchy. It doesn't bother us, but it is a downside.

Quick drive to the beach, quick drive from the airport, golf on premises, it's a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!