“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Palm-Aire to your Saves list
Wyndham Palm-Aire
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Palm Aire Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 35 hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milford CT
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit on the 9th floor overlooking the big pool. I traveled with my husband and 2 older teenage daughters. The unit was spotless and spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. We were high enough so the noise from the pool did not bother us. We ate at the café one evening which was ok. As many other people indicated, there are plenty of stores around for food, etc... You definitely need a vehicle to get around. We were late checking in and Adam at the front desk was very pleasant. I am not a Wyndham owner however I exchanged through RCI. The concierge people were very helpful however I refused to go their meeting. I've been to too many of them and don't have 3 hours to waste on my vacation and I am not looking to change my timeshare &/or buy anymore. There is an outdoor bar and Mitch the bartender was very sociable. The beach is approximately 15 to 20 minutes away and we took advantage and parked at the Wyndham Resort on the beach. We also went on the Serenity Dinner Cruise which was enjoyable, took a trip to the Everglades, went to the casino and the Miami Seaquarium. The resort had plenty of activities going on (dancers, crafts, movie night, trivia) however we did not take advantage of these things. My only minor complaint was the elevator was right next to my bedroom and was a bit noisy. I wish this resort was located on the beach. Overall, had a great stay. We were there 8/9 - 8/16.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher level unit overlooking the big pool if possible.

535 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

From my last trip in 2009, there did not appear to be many improvements in infrastructure (not that anything was required). Most noteworthy was the establishment of the Concierge which insured we well informed of all the amenities available at Palm Aire as well as at neighboring Wyndham sites and other locations in Pompano.

My recommendations for improvement would be
1. Along the line of Safety. On my first day, I accidentally walked into the glass door in the apartment leading to the outer verandah or porch as the glas was so clean. Later that day, someone else also walked into the door. To avoid other guests being exposed to this hazard, it would be prudent on your part to put Wyndham stickers on ALL glass doors at your resort (as exists in the lobby). This would ensure the door is always visible (even when very clean).

2. Towels can be changed more regularly even without request (at least once during the week).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We enjoy palm aire, we've stayed on three occasions and each year they keep renovating it to make it better.

Nice pool, my three year old loved it.

Rooms are to wyndham standards, not the ritz , but on par with a Marriott .

The only downside is the area around the resort is sketchy. It doesn't bother us, but it is a downside.

Quick drive to the beach, quick drive from the airport, golf on premises, it's a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013
minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

As a Club Wyndham Access Gold VIP owner, we have been to many resorts. This is the worse!!! The customer service of the front desk was horrible. I truly believe that they go out of their way to make you wait on your room, just because you requested a pool view, or a room near this or that. They told us a room was ready at 4 when we arrived, but "because we had made special requests, we would have to wait." Our room was ready finally at 6 p.m!!! The same thing happened when my guests arrived a few days later......they love to make you wait until 6 p.m. if you have any sort of special requests. I have never had to wait this long at any other Wyndham resort.

Next.....the "member update" meeting. Granted, the group meeting was a different touch, and turned out we were very knowledgeable about everything as an owner except one question we had. So we were told to get with an advisor after the meeting to have our question answered, so we did just that. Turns out, they don't just want to answer your question, they want to sell you something you don't want or need. We were pissed as we were told our question would be answered. When we told them thank you but no thank you, they had to "leave the table" to go print this off or that off, which just took up more of our time. Finally, we called in her supervisor and told him to get us out of here. When we told the first lady we just want to leave, she immediately went from "kind" to "ugly."

Our room was fine. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath, with washer/dryer, pool view, just as we had requested. However, the ice maker was broken and required 2 trips from the maintenance guy to fix it. No big deal. our toilets did not flush well, no biggy. You really did not hear your neighbors upstairs or next to you either. The guards at the gate tend to sleep on the job as we had to always wait for them to open the gate.

Now, here is my biggest grief about this place---- KIDS RUNNING AMOK!!! Really, parents, when you go on vacation, you are still responsible for your kids. We took our 2 teenagers with us, who were never out of my sight and never left alone anywhere in the resort. Kids without parental guidance tend to be very disrespectful of the resort and other people's comfort. I saw kids playing with the handicap pool access chair like it was an amusement park ride--made me sick!!! Then I saw kids going up the slide backwards when the lifeguard was not around. REALLY!!!! Where are your parents! I called security more than I should have to. I even saw adults drinking beverages IN THE POOL!! when there are signs that clearly state not to do this.

We did take a trip to the Royal Vista resort and discovered next time we will stay there. It was very quiet!!!! my teenage girls loved it (again, they were never let out of our sight). If we come to Ft. Lauderdale again, we will stay at the Royal Vista. Many families come to the Palm Aire just to do nothing, and I think that leaves for many bored kids. We came from Minnesota to check out South Florida, so we were very busy and on the go every day, keeping my kids busy. Never again.

Room Tip: pool views are definitely better to look at than a city view, but beware, you will see misbehaved ki...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Palm-Aire, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations. We know that while on vacation, it is important to be treated well. As you know, we have a large number of guests that occupy our properties so we do apologize for the concerns with other guests on property. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for futures guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I rented a two bedroom condo with 2 other friends through a timeshare program. Although it said checkin at 4:00 - we didn't get into our room for about 2 hours. We went food shopping while we waited.

The condo had been renovated and it was very nice and very spacious. Our balconies overlooked the parking lot but we didn't want alot of noise so the fact that it didn't overlook the pool was good.

There were several pools and the one in our building was small but perfect as it was very quiet. The pool in the main building was bigger and had alot of kids and noise. So depending on what you are looking for would depend on where you want to stay.

We did not eat at the hotel. It was across the street from a Wynn Dixie so availability for food was very accessible. Although a few things in the area - Walmart, Walgreens, a Casino, you really need a car as there isn't much else around.

I found the people very nice. I would go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Royal Palm building which was away from the main building and was quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel/ resort was nice and very clean. The staff was friendly and answered any questions I had. The bartender at the pool was excellent. My room faced pool and it was clean. This hotel is not located near the beach or any nightlife such as bars or clubs. The beach is about 20 minutes away by car. There was a Winn Dixie grocery store across the street and a WalMart about half a mile away. Ruby Tuesday is across the street also. Overall the resort was nice a lot of activities for kids and families

Room Tip: Pool side in the main building is great
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The resort is a little difficult to find. Our GPS took us to the side entrance instead of the front entrance. We arrived at the resort at around 2:30pm and were still told we would not be able to check in until 4pm. I thought this was a little odd as I am sure our room was not still being prepared an hour and a half before check in. Additionally this resort requires you to prepay your stay and they still want a hold of $150 on your credit card.
We picked up our food and things we wanted from the Walmart. This resort is very close to any and everything you would need for a really nice stay. The Walmart is literally across the road. We arrived back to officially check in after 4pm. Check in went smoothly however in order to get our parking pass we had to go over to another desk which makes no sense. At this desk they ask for a Driver’s license for your Parking Pass verification. This is really so they can do a soft credit pull to see if they will hard sell you a “free” breakfast timeshare pitch. After 10 minutes of the rep fumbling with his computer he gave us our passes.

Our 2 bedroom condo was in the main building. It was perfect and very spacious. It is well stocked and was cleaned very well. We had a nice view of the main pool. The Bar served good drinks and the Bartenders were very personable. We did not like that there was no adherence to children under 14 being in the Jacuzzi tub unsupervised. The main pool was the loud pool with lots of teenagers and children. We were very happy to discover the other pools were much quieter. The pools DO NOT close at the posted time but people were respectful to turn down the noise a bit. We ordered a pizza from the restaurant and it was very good.

We would definitely stay here again but not during the summer when there is an over-abundance of children. Also when we had an issue where we thought we might have to stay an additional night the front desk was very accommodating.

Room Tip: Away from Elevator, High floor to lessen pool noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Palm-Aire? Share your experiences!